PDA

View Full Version : how do i go about explaining to ignorant people

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

bigfatbrute
3/15/2004 11:26pm,
hi
i have a serious problem, yesterday i was with some workmates adn we got onto the topic of martial arts, well the usual people were bought up like jet lee, bruce lee, the mystical monks of shaolin, and of course ninjas.
i was constanly being shouted down when i tried to tell them that jet lee would get his ass handed to him by any pro MMA fighter, they of course said that this was impossible because in cradle to the grave he beats eight of them including tito ortiz. of course i was outraged by this, however they refuse to
see reason, i told them to watch the interveiw when jet says that any one of them could kill him in a second, they said that he was being modest. when we asrgue about this stuff i cant keep cool because there so wrong, and nothing seems to convince them otherwise, the whole UFC fighters are to slow and ninjas could poke thier necks and they would die spiel comes up.
is there any hope for them at all, a definitive source, if not any suggestions on some remedies for **** on the brain

Nid
3/15/2004 11:28pm,
"Explain" is a transitive verb.

Self-pwned.

Deadpan Scientist
3/15/2004 11:30pm,
Bigfat: how about you just laugh about it instead of being such a tool.

They know it's just the moives.

FingerorMoon?
3/15/2004 11:32pm,
Try shrugging and using the words 'whatever, dude'.

IndoChinese
3/15/2004 11:44pm,
Like my Teacher says,

"Too much Hollywood."

liuzg150181
3/15/2004 11:54pm,
Originally posted by bigfatbrute
hi
i have a serious problem, yesterday i was with some workmates adn we got onto the topic of martial arts, well the usual people were bought up like jet lee, bruce lee, the mystical monks of shaolin, and of course ninjas.
i was constanly being shouted down when i tried to tell them that jet lee would get his ass handed to him by any pro MMA fighter, they of course said that this was impossible because in cradle to the grave he beats eight of them including tito ortiz. of course i was outraged by this, however they refuse to
see reason, i told them to watch the interveiw when jet says that any one of them could kill him in a second, they said that he was being modest. when we asrgue about this stuff i cant keep cool because there so wrong, and nothing seems to convince them otherwise, the whole UFC fighters are to slow and ninjas could poke thier necks and they would die spiel comes up.
is there any hope for them at all, a definitive source, if not any suggestions on some remedies for **** on the brain
Humanity in generally is plagued by stupidity so dont bother.........
Or you can just visit Jet Lee and own his ass(remember to film it and show it to your co-workers)~~~
Maybe we should ban films that induces stupidity, or you can tell them that we are living in the matrix, and that you are "The One"~~~

jubei33
3/15/2004 11:57pm,
who cares...........really, who cares.....

movies are fun because of a "willingful suspension of disbelief"----why ruin the fun for someone else.

liuzg150181
3/15/2004 11:59pm,
Originally posted by jubei33
who cares...........really, who cares.....

movies are fun because of a "willingful suspension of disbelief"----why ruin the fun for someone else.
Not when someone really believes that he or she lives in the matrix and goes for shooting spree while wearing trenchcoats~~~

bigfatbrute
3/16/2004 12:02am,
um the point is they dont think its just the movies they firmly beleive in what they are saying , as for being a tool, well, i can never get to far away from my own nature.
and as for using the words whatever dude, that would would be something i would say if i didnt care and if that is the kind of response that you suggest you need to read the title of this site,
last time i checked it said "Bullshido, fighting bullshit in martial arts"

bigfatbrute
3/16/2004 12:07am,
i care because i train my ass off, and it pisses me off that the general conception of society is that monks and ninjas are unbeatable and MMA fighters would get owned by them, thats why i care, we (MMA) dont get what we deserve, the get what they dont deserve. i am sure that i am not alone in feeling this, or maybe i am just delusuional, tell me if i am.

virtual_mantis
3/16/2004 12:10am,
They must be shown the light. And if they refuse to look at it you MUST shove it down their throats!

Or you could just talk about something else. One or the other.

FingerorMoon?
3/16/2004 12:13am,
i care because i train my ass off, and it pisses me off that the general conception of society is that monks and ninjas are unbeatable and MMA fighters would get owned by them, thats why i care, we (MMA) dont get what we deserve, the get what they dont deserve. i am sure that i am not alone in feeling this, or maybe i am just delusuional, tell me if i am.

You care too much about what other people think.
Laugh it off. Shrug it off, tell them they or any ninjas they know are welcome to come train with you.

altlat
3/16/2004 12:14am,
Is the point of bullshido to educate the martial arts community or the general community?

I think it's more important to make sure those actually training or looking to train learn whether or not they are training bs.

liuzg150181
3/16/2004 12:16am,
Originally posted by bigfatbrute
um the point is they dont think its just the movies they firmly beleive in what they are saying , as for being a tool, well, i can never get to far away from my own nature.
and as for using the words whatever dude, that would would be something i would say if i didnt care and if that is the kind of response that you suggest you need to read the title of this site,
last time i checked it said "Bullshido, fighting bullshit in martial arts"
You responding to my answer?
Okay, as i had said, just invit Jet Li and own him in front of your co-workers!!!
Alternatively you can launch a MA crusade or somthing......
In where i am(Singapore),many people thought those comtemporary flashy wushu people are invincible fighters and that piss me off for years......Got to live with it~~~

bigfatbrute
3/16/2004 12:17am,
yeah i know but what do i shove down their throats exactly, is there definitive proof that i can show,
as for talking about something else that is what i do for the rest of the conversation.

FingerorMoon?
3/16/2004 12:21am,
is there definitive proof that i can show,

Other than UFC, PRIDE, and the interview where Jet Li said he'd be crushed ?

Sometimes the only proof people will accept is the one which backs up their argument.