PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Thailand

DanielKetley
4/11/2011 10:40am,
Hi guys,
I'm 20 years old and I live in Isaan, Thailand. Have been in Thailand for about 3 years fighting Muay Thai.
Any questions about Muay Thai in Thailand or Thailand in general I'd be glad to offer any answers I can.
Looking forward to joining this sites community :EWBTE2:

Permalost
4/11/2011 11:08am,
Welcome to Bullshido.

So here's something I've been wondering about muay thai: some people will tell you that modern muay thai is descendent from muay boran, others say its from krabi krabong. What's the story on that?

DanielKetley
4/11/2011 11:17am,
Hey thanks XD.
Lol good question. The thing is it comes from both. See back when [before there were guns] Thailand was at war with neighbouring countries [such as Burma] they used both Krabi Krabong and Muay Boran.
Krabi Krabong was used for fighting with a weapon and Muay Boran was used if the weapon was dropped or broken and the soldier was forced to fight with his hands.
Muay Thai comes from them both.

Ming Loyalist
4/11/2011 11:22am,
welcome to bullshido. you'll want to read all the stickies and get familiar with the site before you start posting a lot (you already broke some rules by posting the same thread in 2 forums - your phuket douchebag thread.)

pay attention to the rules and have a thick skin and you will have fun here.

DanielKetley
4/11/2011 11:50am,
welcome to bullshido. you'll want to read all the stickies and get familiar with the site before you start posting a lot (you already broke some rules by posting the same thread in 2 forums - your phuket douchebag thread.)

pay attention to the rules and have a thick skin and you will have fun here.

haha yeah I read the rules about that but I thought stupid threads in multiple forums literally ment stupid off topic threads.
I'll get it though thanks for the welcoming =]

Sri Hanuman
4/11/2011 11:59am,
Dude, whatever you do in Isarn, don't get married :/
Wellcome to Bullshido.