PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Jason DelCampo
3/04/2011 2:44pm,
My name is Jason Del Campo. I'm currently in the process of developing a martial arts school by the name of New Life Academy of Physical & Spiritual Disciplines. I'll take this time to introduce myself(even though I think it would be more beneficial to somehow post this on my profile).

I'm 23 years old.

I speak Russian, and a little bit of Japanese(katakana & hiragana and some kanji can read).

For the 9-10 grades I was in a military school(Lyman Ward).

After I graduated from high school, I joined the Navy. I was stationed in Japan for 1.5 years, the rest of my time was spent in Pensacola and San Diego. During my time in the Navy I attended Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL Training in Coronado(classes 267, 281, 283, & 284). I completed Hellweek with class 284, and got dropped from training at a later date. I also attended both Naval Surface Rescue Swimmer School, and Naval Aircrew Candidate School. I am currently in the process of getting out of the Navy.

As I mentioned earlier I am starting up a martial arts school. The majority of the physical training will be based on methods I was trained with while at BUD/S; as far as I know, it is the only school in the world to have a mandatory 60 hour test for it's beginner students(after completing a 3-5 month Introductory course). This is to ensure the quality of the students, as well as lay a positive foundation that, should they decide to stop training, they will still be able to take that "reference point" with them for the rest of their life. This 60 hour training event is being offered ina different format this summer, in Stone Mountain, GA. If you will be there, you are welcome to join us(cost is $500). We even have people flying in from out of state to take part.

The martial aspect of training will consist of three phases. INDOC, Intermediate, Advanced. There is no belt system. Instead they will earn a shirt based on what phase of training they're in. Students will be offered to learn Muay Thai, Traditional Asian Martial Arts(Karate/Wushu), and grappeling. In advanced phase of training they will get weapons training.

In addition we will offer hypnosis, Yoga, and Qi Gong. The estimated opening date of the school will be between January-March.

Well there is a lot more to type, but my fingers are tired. I hope you enjoyed what you read, and if any of you guys are in Georgia, or a near by state, hit me up. You are welcome to train at my school any time. Also, I have limited access to a computer at times. So if I don't respond, don't worry I will eventually. Take care, and train hard!

Jason Del Campo

Permalost
3/04/2011 2:49pm,
Welcome to Bullshido. Are you going to be teaching all these classes? What's your martial arts background?

tao.jonez
3/04/2011 2:54pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

I believe your post and ideas will generate a lot of interest from this community.

DCS
3/04/2011 2:55pm,
Hi, welcome to Bullshido.

The martial aspect of training will consist of three phases. INDOC, Intermediate, Advanced. There is no belt system. Instead they will earn a shirt based on what phase of training they're in. Students will be offered to learn Muay Thai, Traditional Asian Martial Arts(Karate/Wushu), and grappeling (sic). In advanced phase of training they will get weapons training.

In addition we will offer hypnosis, Yoga, and Qi Gong.

Could you ellaborate on your credentials, experience, rank, etc. regarding the underlined disciplines?

helmutlvx
3/04/2011 3:37pm,
Mr. DelCampo, would you be willing to provide appropriate documentation showing that you are enlisted in the Navy and have completed the BUD/s courses?

Tom Kagan
3/04/2011 3:50pm,
Are you going to make it a habit of accidentally killing your students during training who have earned red shirts?

Jason DelCampo
3/04/2011 3:51pm,
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I look forward to hearing your ideas and getting feedback from you guys once I start my school. That is one of the big things different about my school is we will constantly examine our teaching methods, curriculum, etc... I, as well as any Instructor involved with my school will constantly strive to be better

I'll try to answer everything asked, all at once. The classes will be taught by me & two other instructors. All instructors will be "subject-matter-experts", and for the most part will have complete control of their styles curriculum.
One instructor is getting ready to go to Thailand to do a study program for 6 months, as well as get a couple of real Muay Thai fights under his belt. He also has a black belt in American Karate. Another instructor is also a black belt in American karate, and we are considering hiring one more who is a former SEAL, and has over 30 years martial arts experiance, focused on Jiu-jitsu and CQC.

All instructors go through a mandatory 60 hour training course similar to Hellweek(unless they have done Hellweek already, in which case there is no need as that is around 120 hours). In this course they are divided into "Boat Crews" and are expected to lead & teach their "students" in new & sometimes complex tasks while being sleep deprived, physically exhausted, and constantly wet and cold. This is to develop the caliber of leadership, mental toughness, & heart I desire in my instructors.

As for myself, by the time the school opens, I will be a Board Certified Hypnotist with the NGH.
My Qi Gong experiance is from my time at BUD/S. The reasons I was in so many classes was because I constantly got rolled b/c of injuries. In 281, I got SIPE(Swimmer Induced Pulmonary Edema) in Hellweek. In 283, my ear drum burst underwater. Having so many injuries and constantly being sick, I looked for a source that could help me stay healthy(we weren't allowed to have supplements or anti-biotics unless approved, which rarely were).
I read about Qi Gong and downloaded the Ken Cohen Qi gong Course. I practiced everyday for several months while I was in training, and soon was able to apply what I learned to my runs & swims. Using techniques I learned through trial and error, I was able to decrease my 4-mile run time from 30 minutes in boots, pants and on sand, to 28. I also went from being like the 80th swim pair to the third fastest swim pair in my class. Callouses and warts I had on my hand from constant training soon disappeared, even though I continued to do the same exercises that caused them. The benefits I learned from Qi Gong were incredible, and it is definetly something I look forward to teaching. I still practice every day.

My interests/credentials in the martial arts began soon after I went to military school. After getting hit in the head with an ammo can one too many times by bullies, I decided to get a book about self defense. I began practicing with some of my friends, as well as some of the adults there. Some of the men in charge of our well being at the school were army rangers/Snipers, and a lot of them had combat experiance so I began training with them.

That summer I went with my mom to watch one of my friends at karate, and I fell in love with it. My mother was raising two kids and couldn't afford it, so they offered to let me train there if I worked for them. I said yes, and spent the majority of my free time at the school, either cleaning toilets or training. Sounds like a good deal, but my school wouldn't waive testing fees, and my mom couldn't afford to pay for them, so I stayed at the intermediate level even though I was years ahead of the majority b/c all my time was constantly spent training or recovering. I began training for tournements when I met Marcel Lazenby. With his help I competed in over 20 state and national tournements(though it was usually against higher belts, in reality I should of fought against black belts). I also would cross train and often competed in Kung Fu forms I'd learn from books or movies, and also weapons forms. And I often would take first or second place. So, if you were to ask me my rank, I never recieved my black belt. Did I earn it? Abso-fuckin-lootly.

I have also done several full contact muay thai fight, and as I get my school up and running, me, as well as all of my instructors will be doing various tournements. I will post a video of myself doing some stuff probably in a couple of days. I hope that asnwers your questions. If you have more, let me know I'll be happy to answer them.

Jason DelCampo
3/04/2011 4:11pm,
I never said I completed the BUD/S courses. I said I got through Hellweek with class 284, and was later dropped from training. Also, I am not trying to brag. I'm very proud of my accomplishment, but please do not mistake my honesty about what I have done with boasting. But I know the influence that experiance had on me and how it can better others, but who am I to offer it if I haven't done it my self right?

Here are some photos.

A pic of me a day after Hellweek, and then later in Navy Uniform:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/41054_1403421883297_1164858728_30955380_3311719_n. jpg

https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=12e82ad0e141ff9e

Also here is a pic of my helmet with a congrats card from one of my fam members...

https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=12e82af2523bd64c

Permalost
3/04/2011 5:28pm,
who am I to offer it if I haven't done it my self right?
This is a good question to ask yourself a lot.

CrackFox
3/04/2011 5:46pm,
Jason, are you planning on starting a cult?

Jason DelCampo
3/05/2011 1:24am,
This is a good question to ask yourself a lot.

Jason, are you planning on starting a cult?

I find it interesting how you both use heavily emotionally charged words/statements to try to put someone down with no basis whatsoever. This is similar to what Hitler did with the German people. And it worked. The reason it worked is b/c the majority of people in this world are looking for something to grasp, while at the same time they are not willing to accept responsibility for their actions. And it is this same victim mindset that has led, in part, to the current recession, some forms of poverty, & other societal issues.

Are you going to make it a habit of accidentally killing your students during training who have earned red shirts?

I find it interesting how you as well use an emotionally charged and condescending statement with no basis as well. To those of you who don't know what this guy is talking about, he is referring to how in Land Warfare phase of training(3rd phase), students wear red helmets.

I have seen this attitude a lot, especially when I have come home on leave and see people I knew in my youth. Many times they are bitter b/c they are stuck in the same situations. Instead of accepting responsibilty for their actions, they put down others in an attempt to make up for what they themselves lacking.

I've done nothing but be honest about both my positive attributes, and short comings(getting through hellweek, but not having an "official" black belt). I've also provided anyone who sees this post with pictures, accurate dates and facts, etc...

For those of you who actually care you are welcome to check out my facebook albums:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1164858728&aid=2054655

You are free to check out anything I've said and you will find it matches up; I have a feeling however that the majority will not do that because it is not me you are really concerned with, but rather the lack of accomplishment in your own lives. That is fine. If their is one thing that I have learned through out my life, it is that people who are secure in themselves and have a sense of accomplishment rarely put down others. In fact they often encourage others to do the same(achieve the "impossible"). At times they are labelled as crazy or are social pariahs, but that is only by a lost and confused majority.

Those who have accomplished what the "mainstream" considers impossible are often put down by others who wish they did it themselves.

I am not upset with you guys, in fact I feel sorry for you. All I did was come here and be true to myself, my life experiances, goals and asperations, and my training philosophy, and in return I have not recieved one positive comment yet. That is fine with me, as you guys(based on how you've presented yourself) are not people I am concerned with impressing. In fact no one is. I am my own hero, and simply wish to be a light to the world, teaching what I've learned from my young but intense life. Am I perfect, no, do I strive to be, YES!

I wish you guys all the best in life & training.

Jason

Tom Kagan
3/05/2011 1:53am,
Thread moved from Newbietown.

donoraen
3/05/2011 2:30am,
Nobody here is attacking you at all...ok the cult jab was a bit of an attack, but (and correct me if I am wrong) perma was just giving advice and tom was making a star trek reference. (google red shirt)

Edit: and everyone else who was asking for credentials, that's kind of what we do here, don't take it personally.

CrackFox
3/05/2011 3:44am,
Nobody here is attacking you at all...ok the cult jab was a bit of an attack
Perhaps it was a bit heavy for newbie town, but things like "hell week" typically serve as a strong form of indoctrination you would not find so heavily emphasised in a regular school. He has a few odd choices for the name of things eg. an INDOC training phase and the name of the school - the New Life Academy of Physical & Spiritual Disciplines. He has hypnosis mixed in with the yoga and qi gong training.

Also given that his response was to Godwin the thread, I think he might just be trolling.

Like_A_Boss
3/05/2011 5:47am,
Howzit Boet, nice to meet you, aangename kennis, Unjani? (I also speak 3 languages) Just a little light hearted jab there to get the ball rolling.

Anywho few observations and a few questions:

I find it interesting how you both use heavily emotionally charged words/statements to try to put someone down with no basis whatsoever. This is similar to what Hitler did with the German people.

Whoa lets not compare ourselves to the holocaust just yet.

The reason it worked is b/c the majority of people in this world are looking for something to grasp, while at the same time they are not willing to accept responsibility for their actions. And it is this same victim mindset that has led, in part, to the current recession, some forms of poverty, & other societal issues.

Poverty, social issues and the recession, were actually caused by a small group of greedy old rich men, not the majority as you said, they had no say in the matter.

I find it interesting how you as well use an emotionally charged and condescending statement with no basis as well. To those of you who don't know what this guy is talking about, he is referring to how in Land Warfare phase of training(3rd phase), students wear red helmets.

I believe as somebody already posted, it's a star trek reference

I have seen this attitude a lot, especially when I have come home on leave and see people I knew in my youth.

Your youth!, your 23 fucking years old, your still a kid. I am 25 years old, you know what I do, I shut the **** up train under a experienced MMA fighter, One day get my ass in a cage knock some guys out and get knocked out, so one day I can open up a MA school and actually have experience in Martial arts, and hanging on the wall I will have more than a diploma for hypnosis.

Those who have accomplished what the "mainstream" considers impossible are often put down by others who wish they did it themselves.

What have you accomplished, you only hit puberty a few years ago. Can you even grow a beard yet, I want my sensei to be able to atleast grow a beard

as you guys(based on how you've presented yourself) are not people I am concerned with impressing.

They should be, it's "people" like them (Martial artists) that would make up your potential student base

I am my own hero, and simply wish to be a light to the world, teaching what I've learned from my young but intense life.

Own hero?, Light of the world?, my god but your a self obsessed giant Douche. This is sounding more like a cult every line I read.

What flavour will your cool aid be?

Am I perfect, no, do I strive to be, YES!

If you wish to strive to be perfect why dont you go train under skilled martial artists instead of trying to open up a Military academy that offers hypnosis and the ability to raise your testicles back into your body. I believe it might be cause you are trying to make a quick buck.

Two men practising Qigong:

I wish you guys all the best in life & training.

Oh isn't that sweet of you, thank you so much now you just have your self a super day.

Nefron
3/05/2011 10:01am,
Jason, could you please post a concise list of your accomplishments in martial arts? Things like fight records and formal ranks.