PDA

View Full Version : Filipino Martial Arts vs Taekondo

jamesfmaa
2/27/2011 7:56am,
hi I'm going watch this, I'm new in this site and i was able to seen this. I'm learning Filipino Martial Arts (http://fmaadocepares.com) in fmaadocepares.com and it made search for more about this field.

jamesfmaa
2/27/2011 8:01am,
Hi Guys, I'm learning Filipino Martial Art (http://fmaadocepares.com/), I'm newbie actually but my friends told me it's better to learn Taekondo. Anybody could help me understand which is really best? Thanks

CrackFox
2/27/2011 9:03am,
Did your friend give any particular reason why you'd be better off with TKD?

boxingfan03
2/28/2011 8:27pm,
Well I'd recomend you to chose neither of these styles.For a striking martial art, Kyokushin karate is great, or maybie shotokan if you want, dependly on what you like. If you want a weapon martial art, I strongly recommmend you Kendo.

TheMightyMcClaw
2/28/2011 9:09pm,
Well I'd recomend you to chose neither of these styles.For a striking martial art, Kyokushin karate is great, or maybie shotokan if you want, dependly on what you like. If you want a weapon martial art, I strongly recommmend you Kendo.

As a black belt in Shotokan, I cannot honestly recommend it for anything. Regardless of your purpose, there's probably something else that doesn't better. Muay Thai is better if you want a striking art. Wushu is better if you like striking cool poses. Kyokushin is cooler if you just have a hard-on for karate as a concept.

Jim_Jude
2/28/2011 9:14pm,
Well I'd recomend you to chose neither of these styles.For a striking martial art, Kyokushin karate is great, or maybie shotokan if you want, dependly on what you like.

& these tips from a "boxer"....

If you want a weapon martial art, I strongly recommmend you Kendo.Are you kidding????

*****I'm fairly sure this thread needs to be moved******

Vieux Normand
2/28/2011 11:02pm,
Are you kidding????

What?

If you can whack people with bamboo sticks, why not do the same with shotguns?

Seriously.

boxingfan03
3/01/2011 1:06pm,
Ok, I was talking ****.Sorry, my bad:friends:

LoneWanderer
3/03/2011 7:58am,
Despite my bias towards Taekwondo, I'd say forget about which style is better, and just find a damn good instructor. Every style has something to offer. You'll learn more from a skilled, dedicated instructor than you will from a guy who went to a few seminars for the current fighting fad.