PDA

View Full Version : Amatuer fighters and inflated/false records

Pages : [1] 2

C0WB0Y
1/27/2011 5:42pm,
One of my guys has an amatuer fight this weekend. His opponent listed himself with the promoter as 0-0. I did my basic internet homework and found video two amatuer fights of this kid and I found a website listing his record as 4-0.

OBVIOUSLY something is fishy.

So I called the promoter, who called the kid. He gave some bullshit story about having one smoker fight before.

I got the kid's number and personally called him. He tried to tell me the same thing.. But when I told him I watched TWO of his videos, he backtracks and claims there was actually two smokers and the website listing him as 4-0 is just so he can get more sponsors.

Of course, both the videos and the website are offline now.

I have half a mind to pull my guy from this fight, but **** it, my boy is ready to kick some ass. Time for this punk to learn a lesson.

Why does ANYONE think they can falsify an MMA record anymore?? How many fakes does Bullshido and the UG need to burn out before it stops??

Nefron
1/27/2011 7:23pm,
How experienced is your guy? Be careful, it would suck if he got sandbagged in his first fight.

Odacon
1/27/2011 7:36pm,
Yeah your desire to teach this guy a lesson may backfire if he's any good.

Cannon_6
1/27/2011 8:10pm,
Is getting the guy suspended from competition for lying about his record an option? If so, I'd push for that instead of rewarding him with another fight that will magically disappear next time he wants to fight a n00b.

alex
1/27/2011 8:16pm,
Is getting the guy suspended from competition for lying about his record an option? If so, I'd push for that instead of rewarding him with another fight that will magically disappear next time he wants to fight a n00b.

for lying about an amateur record? i highly doubt it.

be careful, as mentioned above, or your boy might be the victim of a sandbagging. being eager to fight doesn't mean **** against someone who has the experience.

Sang
1/27/2011 8:25pm,
Contact the kid's coach if he has one. Sandbagging is rampant here, we recently had a 8+ fight, undefeated MMA guy take on one of our novices with 6 months experience in a MT match.

I'd cancel the fight unless your guy has some other ring experience (boxing/mt), first fights are hard enough against other 0-0 people. Its not like a grappling competition where you get dominated and go home knowing you got beaten but otherwise uninjured. Un-even full contact fights can end ugly with your novice fighter quitting the sport.

alex
1/27/2011 8:30pm,
I'd cancel the fight unless your guy has some other ring experience (boxing/mt), first fights are hard enough against other 0-0 people. Its not like a grappling competition where you get dominated and go home knowing you got beaten but otherwise uninjured. Un-even full contact fights can end ugly with your novice fighter quitting the sport.

yep ive seen up close guys get absolutely stomped in their first fight, and it kills the sport for them. its not like other sports where you just lose and it sucks, you get a hiding and you get it in front of your mates. thats hard to take in your first fight.

Cannon_6
1/27/2011 9:06pm,
for lying about an amateur record? i highly doubt it.
It's up to the promoter and/or the sanctioning body, not us. Perhaps the OP might look into it -- the promoter already knows something's amiss.

Another possibility to consider: If he's so eager to beat up n00bs, why would he stop at falsifying his fight record? A positive test for hepatitis C or HIV can vanish just as easily as those four fights did.

Beorn
1/27/2011 9:09pm,
I was sandbagged my first (and only) amateur mma bout. I was told he was a 1-1 wrestler, turned out he was an accomplished amateur boxer with close to 15 bouts (plus at least one more mma bout). I was destroyed, I quit the sport for about two years and haven't been in the ring since. If nothing else, make sure you tell your fighter exactly what he is getting into.

C0WB0Y
1/27/2011 9:52pm,
1.) My fighter is totally aware of the situation.

2.) All blood tests have been independently verified.

3.) My guy, although a rookie, is a beast. He was on his high school boxing team in Russia and his brother is a Russian pro boxer. My guy has dropped me in sparring on more than a few occasions and his Judo/BJJ is coming along quite nicely. Additionally, my guy is also a personal trainer and stays in tip-top shape. I wouldn't put him out there if I didn't have ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE in him.

It's just ashame that this is all too common in amateur MMA. But what are we gonna do? Launch an official Bullshido investigation on some amateur wanna-be?? At the end of the day, no one REALLY cares and assholes keep getting away with **** like this.

I'll post a lovely video of this lying prick getting his face pounded in after the fight.

Rexley
1/27/2011 9:58pm,
My guy, although a rookie, is a beast. He was on his high school boxing team in Russia and his brother is a Russian pro boxer.

This sentence alone makes me look forward to this video.

C0WB0Y
1/27/2011 10:08pm,
My guy's fight name??

THE LAST TSAR

donoraen
1/27/2011 10:10pm,
My guy's fight name??

THE LAST TSAR
Win.:waraya

King Sleepless
1/27/2011 10:26pm,
It's cool. go for it, my guy I fought was also sandbagging. It happens, either your boy gets over it or he doesn't. It's part of the game and if you keep at it honestly, it'll be good for you.

LiamSP
1/28/2011 12:09pm,

3.) My guy, although a rookie, is a beast. He was on his high school boxing team in Russia and his brother is a Russian pro boxer. My guy has dropped me in sparring on more than a few occasions and his Judo/BJJ is coming along quite nicely. Additionally, my guy is also a personal trainer and stays in tip-top shape. I wouldn't put him out there if I didn't have ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE in him.

It's just ashame that this is all too common in amateur MMA. But what are we gonna do? Launch an official Bullshido investigation on some amateur wanna-be?? At the end of the day, no one REALLY cares and assholes keep getting away with **** like this.

I'll post a lovely video of this lying prick getting his face pounded in after the fight.

If he boxed in russia you know he will wreck ****.

Please post vids...

Odacon
1/28/2011 4:28pm,

He sounds like he can handle it, and you'd know best as his coach. Best of luck and make sure you rub it in their faces when your guy wins.