PDA

View Full Version : Is This Real Martial Arts?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Johnny Y.
1/26/2011 6:46pm,
I found a rather well done animation with weapons martial arts in it, and I'm curious if it's actually real techniques? The first part looks like it might be, but the two-on-one just looks silly, even to my untrained eye.

Two incompetents could take a master, I would think.

http://www.dchiang.com/trailers/480_teaser4.html

goodlun
1/26/2011 7:01pm,
Any reason the action was painfully slow?

Johnny Y.
1/27/2011 4:29pm,
Same reason as bullet-time: animators showing off.

Bneterasedmynam
1/28/2011 9:17am,
I found a rather well done animation with weapons martial arts in it, and I'm curious if it's actually real techniques? The first part looks like it might be, but the two-on-one just looks silly, even to my untrained eye.

Two incompetents could take a master, I would think.

http://www.dchiang.com/trailers/480_teaser4.html

I will have to disagree with you on that point history is full of masters that have defeated multiple lesser opponents and why can't I get that vid to load?

donoraen
1/28/2011 4:25pm,
I will have to disagree with you on that point history is full of masters that have defeated multiple lesser opponents and why can't I get that vid to load?
History=/=kung fu movies

Johnny Y.
1/28/2011 4:32pm,
Really, and how would they go about accomplishing such a thing?

A master only has two arms and two legs, guess how many two people have. If they simultaneously attack said master, in what way could he possibly hope to counter them?

Throw weapons into the mix, and it gets even more silly. Master's going down.

Update your Quicktime.

Bneterasedmynam
1/28/2011 4:41pm,
According to historians el CID fought multiple opponents as did Alexander the great and ghengus khan and even musashi (don't know if I spelled them right) last time I checked the acient spartens almost always fought out numbered and I'm going to guess that they had more than one instance of one v two durring their battles there are several cases throughout history that site examples of one superior fighter defeating more than one attacker

donoraen
1/28/2011 4:52pm,
last time I checked the acient Spartans almost always fought out numbered and I'm going to guess that they had more than one instance of one v two during their battles there are several cases throughout history that site examples of one superior fighter defeating more than one attacker
Actually no, iirc generally if the Spartans broke rank while fighting a fight with unfair numbers they would be separated and wiped out. The others are great figures that people always tended to exaggerate upon.

Bneterasedmynam
1/28/2011 5:07pm,
I was not implying that they broke ranks I am implying that they had to face multiple attackers on the front line and I forgot to include earlier the roman gladiators who were recorded by roman historians (they were more accurate than most back then but I'm sure still embellished some) plus the original statement I was referring to said that two incompetents could defeat a master that's like saying two blue belts in karate could take on Anderson silva just cause they have more arms I was not in any way referring to two well trained opponents

excludedmiddle
1/28/2011 6:09pm,
I think a fight where there is one unarmed person vs two has slightly different dynamics than 300 armed men in a phalanx vs 600 (or a million, lol).

helmutlvx
1/28/2011 6:28pm,
BLAH BLAH BLAH I'M A WANKER
Nobody cares.

P.S. You're a moron if you think me and a couple of my buds couldn't gang up on a kung fu master and kick the **** out of him. ************ can't kung fu a lead pipe, KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

Bneterasedmynam
1/28/2011 6:30pm,
Your original statement was one armed individual vs two as far as 1 v2 in unarmed it happens all the time and even has vids on YouTube now how many of them are legit I have no clue but I have seen fights were one has defeated two in unarmed it's not that hard especially if the two are bitches but anyway back to my point if I had one and that's simply that there were documented fights in history that one armed warrior took on multiple attackers and won now the numbers may have been exaggerated but one vs two is not unheard of or impossible and anyway wouldnt it be easier with weapons to take on two since you can disable one much faster? Geeesh

Bneterasedmynam
1/28/2011 6:33pm,
Nobody cares.

P.S. You're a moron if you think me and a couple of my buds couldn't gang up on a kung fu master and kick the **** out of him. ************ can't kung fu a lead pipe, KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

Idiot he was talking originally about a sword fight not a fucking Kung Fu master vs a few friends with pipes learn to read jackass:bssign:

helmutlvx
1/28/2011 6:34pm,
Idiot he was talking originally about a sword fight not a fucking Kung Fu master vs a few friends with pipes learn to read jackass:bssign:
u mad bro?

U MAD?

Bneterasedmynam
1/28/2011 6:37pm,
Nah just havin trouble typin on an iphone

Bneterasedmynam
1/28/2011 6:37pm,
Sorry my message was overkill