PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a video of a Chunner getting destroyed.

Pages : [1] 2

Crazyman
1/20/2011 2:36am,
I went to school today to overhear a Wing Chun newbie talking about the school he joined. I told him Wing Chun doesn't work because it's a traditional martial art which has never and will never prove itself in the ring. He told me that Wing Chun was Bruce Lee's style, and I told him that I've never actually seen Bruce Lee fight outside of the movies. He then said that "everyone knows Bruce Lee is a badass", and "Bruce Lee was voted the world's number one badass". I told him that the truth doesn't rely on popular opinion. He then went on to say that Wing Chun is way better than boxing because it has more than just punching.

Anyway I'd like to set this kid on the right path by showing him a video of Wing Chun getting destroyed by one of the good styles (BJJ, Boxing, MT, Judo, etc.) I used the search function but all that came up was a video of a chinese boxer knocking down a chinese chunner in what looked to be a lighthearted fight.

So could anybody help me out with this?

Kambei Shimada
1/20/2011 4:52am,
Even though you're being pretty fucking lazy..
(all you have to do is go to youtube and type " Wing Chun Vs.." or use the search function.)

Here's a few examples.

YouTube - UFC 5 Asbel Cancio (è©MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv春)VS.Dave Beneteau(摔角) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLRX1P0bEg)

YouTube - 西洋拳王 VS è©MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv春師傅 BOXING VS WING CHUN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AKFNCIJdvA)

YouTube - 泰拳 VS è©MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv春拳 Muay Thai BOY play with Wing Chun MASTER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCEvxgeKEzY)

YouTube - MMA vs Wing Tsun Kung Fu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AomhzXJ1Xvo)

Ignorami
1/20/2011 6:12am,
Your schoolmate may reply with a video of Master Wong. Then you have lost him for good my friend.

Just curious though, you list "one of the good styles (BJJ, Boxing, MT, Judo, etc.)".
Why doesn't your style field include one of these?

Ninjitsu gets about as much ribbing here as your pal's Wing Chun.
I'm not trolling you, my primary style is Aikido, which is on the ****-list too. Just wondering.

Evil Solvalou
1/20/2011 7:11am,
Your schoolmate may reply with a video of Master Wong. Then you have lost him for good my friend.

Hell, if he shows you a video of Master Wong he might convert you to the Chun.

Permalost
1/20/2011 2:26pm,
Just type in "wing chun vs" on youtube.

Crazyman
1/20/2011 4:39pm,
@KS Yup. I'm being pretty fucking lazy. I could have spent a lot more time trying to hunt these videos down. Sadly I don't have the luxury of time since I'm in school and working full time. Anyway thanks a ton for the videos and for putting up with my lazyness. :p

@Ignorami

My style field input is a reference to a video game called Ninja Gaiden. I'm not a ninjer.

JohnnyCache
1/20/2011 7:32pm,
@KS Yup. I'm being pretty fucking lazy. I could have spent a lot more time trying to hunt these videos down. Sadly I don't have the luxury of time since I'm in school and working full time. Anyway thanks a ton for the videos and for putting up with my lazyness. :p

@Ignorami

My style field input is a reference to a video game called Ninja Gaiden. I'm not a ninjer.

We have a general policy that field be used seriously

helmutlvx
1/20/2011 10:03pm,
Just bring your mate round the gym and tell him to use some of his fancy Chunnin', right?

Then you just pop him one right in the fucking mouth, yeah?

Problem motherfuckin' solved.

Crazyman
1/20/2011 11:57pm,
Just bring your mate round the gym and tell him to use some of his fancy Chunnin', right?

Then you just pop him one right in the fucking mouth, yeah?

Problem motherfuckin' solved.

He's six feet tall, 230 lbs, with an endomorphic body type.

Ignorami
1/21/2011 2:03am,

Sounds to me like he may be able to get the Chun to work. :icon_rr:

Southpaw
1/21/2011 8:42am,
I went to school today to overhear a Wing Chun newbie talking about the school he joined. I told him Wing Chun doesn't work because it's a traditional martial art which has never and will never prove itself in the ring. He told me that Wing Chun was Bruce Lee's style, and I told him that I've never actually seen Bruce Lee fight outside of the movies. He then said that "everyone knows Bruce Lee is a badass", and "Bruce Lee was voted the world's number one badass". I told him that the truth doesn't rely on popular opinion. He then went on to say that Wing Chun is way better than boxing because it has more than just punching.

Anyway I'd like to set this kid on the right path by showing him a video of Wing Chun getting destroyed by one of the good styles (BJJ, Boxing, MT, Judo, etc.) I used the search function but all that came up was a video of a chinese boxer knocking down a chinese chunner in what looked to be a lighthearted fight.

So could anybody help me out with this?

It sounds like you don't know WTF you are talking about and you are just regurgitating what you have heard and read on these boards. You obviously don't know **** about wing chun or you would be able to have better criticism of it than "it will never prove itself in the ring". Actually, some wing chun guys have gotten in the ring. Some wing chun guys can fight. Most wing chun schools suck. A few are fucking tough as ****.

Either way, you wouldn't know because you are inexperienced in (i'm betting) all martial arts.

Yes...Wing Chun very often sucks...but NO...you would likely still be beaten up by them.

WhiteShark
1/21/2011 9:39am,

So what. Kick him in the leg and make him chase you for 45 seconds. Problem solved.

helmutlvx
1/21/2011 11:11am,
"Endomorphic" body type? So he's a fatty, eh?

Yeah, what WhiteShark said, kick the fucker in the legs and make him chase you. He tires out 'cause he's a fuckin' porker, then you wallop him right in the fuckin' mouth.

Problem STILL motherfuckin' solved.

Hiro Protagonist
1/21/2011 11:34am,
So what. Kick him in the leg and make him chase you for 45 seconds. Problem solved.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAz0EuNik7s)

GoForward
1/21/2011 1:57pm,
As a former-chunner (WT'er), have him clinch spar with a MT fighter at your gym. Chi-sao is nice in theory, but nothing beats the real thing. I feel my former WT training was supplemental training, at best, for clinch sparring in MT. He might not respect boxing, but MT should humble 'em. I didnt need to get destroyed to figure out WT is obsolete. I just asked to do some clinch sparring with an intermediate-level MT guy at my gym. just going 60% and that's all it took ;)

WhiteShark
1/21/2011 2:05pm,
Hiro what video is that? It is banned in Amurika.