PDA

View Full Version : Suspect BJJ Black Belt - Need Help

BJJRonin
1/16/2011 2:43am,
Have a suspect BJJ "Black" belt recently move to our area, states it was received through Gracie Barra in Mass. Received Brown Belt a year earlier from the same school......... yet not a lot of information on that.

Being a Brown for the last 4 years, i'm calling bullshit on this but dont' want to rock the boat by investigating this as he's teaching nearby.

Anyone able to help?

Omega Supreme
1/16/2011 11:40am,
Before asking some things need to be established: Persons names, actual claims, school trained with.

For the record it is not unusual to have a person stay at brown belt for an extremely short time before moving to black due to some old practices of sandbagging purple belts used to do. I have three friends that have done it.

fidgit
2/06/2011 2:09pm,
I know guys who train at the Gracie Barra in MA. What's this guy's name?

Askari
2/15/2011 12:48am,
I know a number of guys that were long at Blue and Purple and short duration at Brown.

Gezere
2/17/2011 8:51am,
Have a suspect BJJ "Black" belt recently move to our area, states it was received through Gracie Barra in Mass. Received Brown Belt a year earlier from the same school......... yet not a lot of information on that.

Being a Brown for the last 4 years, i'm calling bullshit on this but dont' want to rock the boat by investigating this as he's teaching nearby.

Anyone able to help?

I'm a Gracie Barra Brown belt. I know many who went from brown to black from 12 to 18 months. Its not uncommon. Matter of fact the official GB time line from brown to black is 18 months. This is with continuous training. Some might get it faster if for instance he is running a school and actively teaching during that time. Also if he has been winning many tournaments against other browns and blacks then he might get promoted quicker.

Either way if you contact Gracie Barra America you should be able to verify his BB.
http://www.graciebarraamerica.com/

kimuralock
2/28/2011 1:49am,
Bump this as i had to create a new name, thread posted with this name later in the threads. Discovered he is in fact a fake, you can check the other thread with the details. It's complete bullshit!

jspeedy
2/28/2011 2:50pm,
can you link the thread?

Omega Supreme
2/28/2011 6:31pm,
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104517&p=2514535&highlight=#post2514535