PDA

View Full Version : Ground Strike Defense: The Comic

honest_truth
12/21/2010 2:51am,
I subscribe to grapplearts and get lots of interesting stuff from Stephan Kesting, who is awesome by the way.

The following was his comic full of eye-bleeding comic sans font about how not to get grounded and pounded like Frank Mir (READ: a bitch).

http://www.grapplearts.com/Images/Article-Images/comics/MMA-Strike-Defense.pdf

By the way, do you zhoo-zhitsu guys get training in this often if it wasnt a sub-grap class geared for MMA ?
I got zip while doing Judo (**** yea'r)

Rexley
12/21/2010 7:20am,
By the way, do you zhoo-zhitsu guys get training in this often if it wasnt a sub-grap class geared for MMA ?

My instructor talks about how to deal with strikes in certain positions but we don't drill it as we're not an MMA-oriented school. That was a pretty sweet comic, though, especially the "it's clobberin' time!" bit.

Kaffe
12/21/2010 7:31am,
I absolutely love the format. As a Judoka, ground strike defense is somewhat underprioritized in my class. Go figure.

Good read.

judoka_uk
12/21/2010 7:56am,
I absolutely love the format. As a Judoka, ground strike defense is somewhat underprioritized in my class. Go figure.

Good read.
Well of course not, because you're going to be the guy doing the punching because you will have thrown them on their head.

Only the butt floppers have to worry about defending from underneath.

BoogieJitsu
12/21/2010 9:14am,
Wow, very good stuff. Gigantic nighty-night elbow rules.