PDA

View Full Version : Who is this guy? And what is he teaching our troops?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

GQFreakinRican
5/21/2010 12:46pm,
well alot of whats talked about here is assumptions from brief readings,
i've been studying Kun Gek Do, the art of punching and kicking or as other known as the to attack offensively never to surrender, for thirteen years, under 8th Dan Grand Master Eric S. Golden, as far as Real KGD schools go in the states, you are correct, there is one real KGD schools in new jersey, one in burlington, nj. where my master has been doing the art of KGD for 34 years.

KGD, an art very much like muay thai, and TKD, has taken various USEFUL techniques, and shortened the actual traditional techniques for more realistic street and practical use. its a hybrid art now, over here especially in the states.

my GM's credentials :

As so to speak the Korean Hybrid of Martial Arts a mix of thai land boxing and korean kun gek do my master is a 8th dan Grand Master in kun gek do carries a 1st degree black belt in judo, jujitsu , hapkido, and Tang Soo Do. Grand Master Eric S. Golden Hes been training since he was 4 years of age till now at 36. he has his kru cert in thailand boxing, and has won 768 Championship Titles in Open and Closed Competition

- 83 Gold medals

- Junior Middleweight Championship for Kickboxing

- World Grand Championships in Heavyweight Full-Contact Karate

- World Heavyweight Title for Point Contact Karate

Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs
5/21/2010 1:48pm,
well alot of whats talked about here is assumptions from brief readings,
i've been studying Kun Gek Do, the art of punching and kicking or as other known as the to attack offensively never to surrender, for thirteen years, under 8th Dan Grand Master Eric S. Golden, as far as Real KGD schools go in the states, you are correct, there is one real KGD schools in new jersey, one in burlington, nj. where my master has been doing the art of KGD for 34 years.

KGD, an art very much like muay thai, and TKD, has taken various USEFUL techniques, and shortened the actual traditional techniques for more realistic street and practical use. its a hybrid art now, over here especially in the states.

my GM's credentials :

As so to speak the Korean Hybrid of Martial Arts a mix of thai land boxing and korean kun gek do my master is a 8th dan Grand Master in kun gek do carries a 1st degree black belt in judo, jujitsu , hapkido, and Tang Soo Do. Grand Master Eric S. Golden Hes been training since he was 4 years of age till now at 36. he has his kru cert in thailand boxing, and has won 768 Championship Titles in Open and Closed Competition

- 83 Gold medals

1) started at 4, trained 34 years and is now 36 years old? Is my math of or my reading comprehension?

2) a)
768 championships / 34 years = 22 championship titles/year (if he started WINNING titles from is 4 years old).
b) starting at 16 years competing makes 768 / 22 = 35 titles/year

If a pro kickboxer can fight 12 times a year, he/she is a tough person, so your master must be made out of the same stone as The Thing.

Could you please elaborate more, I'm interested.

DerAuslander
5/21/2010 3:54pm,
Who granted Eric Golden his 8th dan?

babo78
5/22/2010 4:05am,
Whom did Eric Golden receive his black belt in Judo from.

Golden's Karate & KickBoxing
Universal fighting system-KUN GEK DO
325-High St. Burlington N.J 08016 USA
609-386-8918
Master Eric Golden
[email protected]

Is this the place you are talking about?

tgace
12/20/2010 5:50pm,
Forgive me if this guy has been talked about before. I couldn't dig up anything on a search.

Has anybody seen this guy before?

YouTube - US Military Combat Tactical Training 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUA6p4NLbNk)

It looks like his name is Eric Golden. I found a "grandmaster Eric Golden" here:

http://www.mvpmartialarts.us/id60.html

Golden's Universal Fighting System (GUFS) is Primarily a combination of the traditional Martial Arts styles and Muay Thai with heavy influences from Juijitstu, Judo and other Martial Arts techniques. It is sometimes referred to as Dirty Fighting! The national headquarters is located in Las Cruces, New Mexico.

Grand Master Eric Golden, 8th Degree Master Black Belt is the Founder of GUFS and is greatly responsible for its notarity spreading throughout the Martial Arts community.

Now maybe Im way off base, but that stuff he's teaching the troops looks like crap to me. "Eye flicks" in military combative training? Anybody know if this guy is "legit" and qualified to be teaching our troops?

PS-I take back what I said earlier. I did find a mention of him here in this thread:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95479&page=3

my GM's credentials :

- 83 Gold medals

Crazy Carl
12/20/2010 9:16pm,
He's claiming a lot. Here's the list:

Name: Master Eric S. Golden, retired

Residence: USA

Specialty: Combatives; Military/Law Enforcement

Martial Arts: 1974 - Present

Black Belts: Tang Soo Do, Juijitsu, Judo, Hapkido, Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do, Boxing, Archery, Ninjutsu, Muay Thai, Arnise, ZIkaran

Titles: 768 Championship, 83 Gold Medals Martial Arts, 6 World Title Championships, Kickboxing Middleweight Champion, Heavyweight

Experience: 36 years in the martial arts, 19 years instructing/ Disabled Veteran

Mastership: 8th Dan Black Belt Master

Military: U.S. Army 11-B, 95-B, Range Instructor Fort Dix, NJ. Attached to 2nd / 58th, 50th MECH, 42nd ID, 1ST / 114TH, 10 79th Garrison Support Unit MP

Experience: Desert Storm ERA , Humanitarian Service for Kosovo Refugees, Combat Survival Tactics Instructor for the US Deploying forces to Iraq-Afghanistan/trainer to S.W.A.T Law Enforcement, FBI, and CIA teams – Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom Afghanistan

Inducted: Black Belt Hall of Fame’s (15 times), European Hall of Fame Valencia, Spain, and IAMA Instructor of the Year, World Karate Union Hall of Fame, Historical Society of China, Institute of Certified Martial Arts, London IHOF, MAU Samurai Award, 25 State Governors & Senators

Member: International Federation of Ju Jitsuans, American Kun Gek Do
Association, IAMA, Chinese Historical Society

Judge: NJ State Athletic Commission Judge, for Kickboxing & Mixed Martial
Arts- Many TV championship fights and Paid Preview events.

Currently retired from: Owner of Extreme International Power, Inc. (1993). Head Master Instructor for EIP, Inc. Elite Tactics – Combat & Street Team. Mastery in Weapons, Ground Combat, Stand Up, Grappling, Fighting, Firearms

That's a lot to look into. Everything he's claiming from the military service to the gold metals and championships. He says he's a disabled veteran so I'm not sure how he could accomplish all of that with an injury that's big enough to declare him a disabled veteran.

Plus, I'm not a big belt system martial artist (kickboxing) but I've never heard of a black belt in archery, boxing, muay thai or kung fu (they use sashes right?)

tgace
12/20/2010 10:44pm,
Hell. I don't know where to start. The typical pattern of the martial arts con-man sure seems apparent based on that info you just posted. I wonder what the reality really is after it's all been sifted out.

Crazy Carl
12/20/2010 11:17pm,
I guess the best place to start is probably with the Martial Art claims, since this is Bullshido, so those would be first priority.

To start, he's not listed on blackbeltmag.com under the Black Belt HOF directory

He is listed in the Karate Union Hall of Fame under Master Instructor of the Year though.

As for the other ones, they're very vague so it's difficult to know what he means. European Hall of Fame in what? Historical Society of China...is he a member? He doesn't say.

Jeff C.
12/20/2010 11:21pm,
I don't know the guy, and frankly, if we chased after every person out there who tries to wave the "I teach survival combat dirty fighting combatives to military troops which means I am the supreme grandmaster of all things fighting" we wouldn't have time to do anything else. All anybody needs to know is this: the US Army has a valid, comprehensive combatives program already in place. It is called MACP. It is mandatory training down to platoon level for ALL US Army troops, including Reserve and NG. It is ONLY taught by US Army troops. It is the ONLY official US Army combatives system. I am a civilian martial artist, and I am also a CERTIFIED MACP instructor, as I am active duty. The MACP is a great program, but there is NOTHING SPECIAL OR ELITE ABOUT IT.

Here is what we should be focusing on: so-called US "experts" who don't have a freaking clue how to use the English language. Not only can this guy not spell "notoriety" correctly (see first post), but the "expert" obviously DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT MEANS!!! Unless, of course, he was having some sort of "truth spasm," where he involuntarily blurted out the real deal. The definition of notoriety: "the state of being known for some unfavorable act or quality." LOL!!!!

How many damn times have we all seen "notorious" and "notoriety" used incorrectly by people trying to toot their own horn?

Jeff Cook

Crazy Carl
12/20/2010 11:30pm,
Yeah, most of his listings don't make sense. For instance:

Titles: 768 Championship

768 Championship what? Championship contender? Championship winner? Championship what? Fights? Belt defenses? Participation in championship tournaments?

83 Gold Medals Martial Arts

This one makes less sense than the first one.

6 World Title Championships

Once again, World title championship in what?

Kickboxing Middleweight Champion, Heavyweight

This is the most understandable claim out of all of those but at the same time he's not clear at all what he's talking about.

CarotidCrank
12/21/2010 12:35am,
The phone number for MVP martial arts is also the phone number for a church.

http://www.mvpministries.us/

MVP Ministries is run by the "Chief instructor" of MVP martial arts, Leonard Poole, who also seems to be the person actually running the school teaching Golden's Dance Of Death, or whatever. Leonard Poole is a resident of New Jersey, which is where Golden used to have an address at.

It seems like Leonard may think he was "trained" by Eric at some point and is now passing Eric's fighting system on. Or maybe they were just partners-in-McDojo and he's borrowing Golden's name to teach his stuff.

Also, this is where Golden seems to be teaching now, I think this is where Carl got his list of accomplishments from, but he didn't post the link so here it is: http://www.eliteeip.com/

I'm not sure if this actually helps or anything, but maybe something to think about.

update:
Previous bullshido clowning, unfortunately the site is down:
Do you want karate? - Burglar falls to karate expert. MMA Expert? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61919)

Crazy Carl
12/21/2010 12:57am,
Yeah, sorry I didn't post the link.

Here is his picture though:

http://www.eliteeip.com/assets/images/MG.jpg

I take it this is him in his ninjitsu outfit?

tgace
12/21/2010 6:32am,
He apparently offers extensive LE training as well. To Include SWAT, Firearms, K9 and more...

http://www.eliteeip.com/html/m_p_training.html

SWAT team training

All levels of SWAT team training.
Call for prerequisites.
Our program is internationally known and has produced the current World Swat Champions. It is taught by qualified current SWAT officers and trainers with a combined experience of thousands of SWAT operations.
Firearms Training

Tactical Pistol
Pistol Instructor
Tactical Submachine gun
Submachine gun Instructor
Patrol Rifle
Rifle Instructor
Basic Sniper
Advanced Sniper
Special Sniper

Jeff C.
12/21/2010 9:38am,
I would be very surprised if he was actually getting paid to teach a military unit. Keep in mind that guys like this who have ONE military student, or in some cases prior-military, then make the claim that they teach military personnel.

Hell, I've been teaching military personnel, including Special Forces troops, for YEARS. In some cases, they were my WORST students because of "know-it-all" syndrome, and regularly had their asses handed to them by a bad-ass soccer mom or a chinless CPA! With that said, I have to say that some of the best classes I taught were military units. But I digress. I will say over and over again, it doesn't mean a DAMN THING to teach military personnel. It doesn't make an instructor special or unique, or better than the next guy. I will repeat this as often as necessary, and I dare any of these guys to argue with me about it.

Jeff Cook

Rock Ape
12/21/2010 10:59am,
Why do these people seem to spend more time talking and explaining THEMSELVES than showing those supposed "simple and effective" techniques and spend less time talking bullshit and more time training.

The most apparent thing I noticed in that video clip was the lack of the weaponry which would normally be associated with the other equipment being worn. Regardless of the situation, if you normally carry a rifle, and that rifle is slung on you, it's going to get in the fucking way when you switch to your hands, unless of course it's part of the technique to move it out the way.

Redundant weaponry (jammed or no ammo) are still useful tools in close quarters so I'm at a loss to understand why someone would teach Military personnel wearing body armour and kevlar without them additionally carrying the very weapons systems they'd normally have with them.

If the retort to that question, from someone teaching this stuff was "for safety" I'd instantly call bullshit on them.

Kickapoo
12/21/2010 1:34pm,
What I'm stumped is how the hell one has a black belt in archery or boxing.