PDA

View Full Version : George Dillman Toronto Demo

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SuperHappyLucky7
3/04/2004 7:41pm,
I've been invited to a demo with George Dillman (www.dillman.com) in Toronto later this month. A few questions:

1. Does anyone know if this guy is bullshido? seems there is a chance from the clips.
2. If anyone wants to come he's in Toronto.
3. Has anyone been to one before? thoughts?

thanks

Omega Supreme
3/04/2004 7:47pm,
Originally posted by SuperHappyLucky7
I've been invited to a demo with George Dillman (www.dillman.com) in Toronto later this month. A few questions:

1. Does anyone know if this guy is bullshido? seems there is a chance from the clips.
2. If anyone wants to come he's in Toronto.
3. Has anyone been to one before? thoughts?

thanks

1. Yes.
2. Why would anybody want to go to Toronto
3. I think he should be shot.

Deadpan Scientist
3/04/2004 7:55pm,
There's a chance he's bullshido from his clips of one touch knockouts?!

Have you learned nothing on bullshido?

PHILBERT
3/04/2004 8:11pm,
Yes, for the most part he is Bullshido. I remember reading an article and it asked different "Masters" how they'd fight against a take down. The grapplers gave the response, then Dillman said "Oh, you'd never take me down because I'd simply use my pressure point fighting to subdue you."

He more then likely has trained in traditional arts, but for the most part, he chose to become Bullshido when he believed his pressure point fighting ruled all. If you have the chance, and can fork it up, I'd go to have fun and maybe get some laughs out of it later.

Greese
3/04/2004 8:38pm,
IT would be bad ass for someone to go and beat the **** out of him in front of the dumbfucks that paid money to see him.

Owen
There's a thread on mma.tv where scuffler talks about confronting the man and some of his black belts about his BS tactics, just to have them all back out. If you can do a search for it, check out "Pressure point strikes in MMA" started by tjmitch, it explains most of it.

BeLikeWater
has anybody who is NOT one of his students or part of a demo team of his, stood there and had him try to knock them out cold with a touch?

DaveH
3/04/2004 8:55pm,
... I guess not ?

BeLikeWater
3/04/2004 9:37pm,
Even if this stuff worked what good would a seminar do...unless he tells people they too can learn it in a few hours!! I wonder how much he's charging as it would have to be alot to make up the currency difference...

PizDoff
3/04/2004 9:41pm,
I wouldn't waste my time dude...

SuperHappyLucky7
3/04/2004 9:45pm,
I'm probably going to end up going because my cousin has invited me and is giving be a big break on the entrance fee.

My cousin has demoed a few defenses using the pressure point stuff. It didn't do alot. Perhaps in the demo they are better?

I'm actually hoping I'll get the chance to throw a few techniques at George or some of his guys to see how their stuff stands up.

Regardless I think it will be fun :) and a chance to hang out with my cousin

BeLikeWater
3/04/2004 9:48pm,
volunteer to go up if they let you and don't pretend to fall down :)

and ask if you can try to hit one of them at full power and speed to see if they can drop you before you drop them :) film it if you can if not you always have bullshido...

SuperHappyLucky7
3/04/2004 10:16pm,
That would be kind of fun actually :) Too bad I don't know TKD, if I could get him with a 360 spin kick that would rock! :)

Owen
3/04/2004 10:17pm,
Originally posted by BeLikeWater
has anybody who is NOT one of his students or part of a demo team of his, stood there and had him try to knock them out cold with a touch?

Yes, that was the point of my post. scuffler from mma.tv has gone to the seminars to have Dilldo black belts try the magic ko's. You can read all about it on the aforementioned thread, as well as the psychological setup for the techniques. Just go read it!

BeLikeWater
3/04/2004 10:20pm,
ok thanks I missed your post

SuperHappyLucky7
3/04/2004 11:47pm,
What kind of psychological setup do they use?