PDA

View Full Version : Gracie Jiu Jitsu 2020 = Bujinkan 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Hiro Protagonist
11/14/2010 4:47pm,
http://gracieadventure.com/

The Gracie Adventure Camp was created to provide you the highest quality in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instruction from members of the legendary Gracie family, while experiencing different cultures around the world. Our professors promise to provide a unique and productive training experience to students of all levels.
Our adventure camps combine top-quality Jiu-Jitsu training with an all-access pass to enjoy tourism in the host country. Come sharpen your skills, meet friends and training partners and make memories to last a lifetime.

My goodness, this is stupid. Like, so stupid,
I spare the adjective that would describe how stupid it really is.

What's next?!

Gracie theme parks? Novels that tell you that the Gracies really existed hundreds of years ago, being silent contract wrestlers for the Portuguese Shogunate?

...Though I am so game for this "adventure trip" if this includes Kyra Gracie letting me smell her! :love8:

JohnnyCache
11/14/2010 5:41pm,
what's stupid about it?

JohnnyCache
11/14/2010 5:43pm,
i mean, is the instruction bad, something like that? What makes it stupid or relates it to the booj?

Hiro Protagonist
11/14/2010 5:53pm,
The point being, this is exactly the kind of stuff that has, really, nothing else in mind than to cash out on the costumer/student.

WTF does this have to do with BJJ, is what I am asking.

I mean, it was old news that GJJ was really super-sellout, but this **** had me literally twitiching when I read about it.

In retrospect, it's maybe not such a big deal, but having been to a couple of similar seminars, I think I know their game.

It is Fake
11/14/2010 5:57pm,
There are many MA Orgs that take huge trips and combine it with training. I mean it is actually quite smart. Hey instead of a Seminar we are going to take tours, introduce you to the culture, and let you train with the Gracies.

Where in the link does it say you must do this to get a higher rank? You are reaching.

JohnnyCache
11/14/2010 6:03pm,
The point being, this is exactly the kind of stuff that has, really, nothing else in mind than to cash out on the costumer/student.

WTF does this have to do with BJJ, is what I am asking.

I mean, it was old news that GJJ was really super-sellout, but this **** had me literally twitiching when I read about it.

In retrospect, it's maybe not such a big deal, but having been to a couple of similar seminars, I think I know their game.

you aren't really making a point, here. There's a trip you can go on. It has some training and some tourism. is it a bad product in some way? Do you have a real complaint with it, or is it just an example of the gracies "infuriatingly" selling something?

Hiro Protagonist
11/14/2010 6:15pm,
Pfff. I hate that "reason"-thing you use so often.

Nah, point taken. The point being, though, that with the Gracie's martial fame dwindling, their "BJJ is really a lifestyle choice" stuff begins to spread.

I dread the day when it's like BTT or EWTO Wing Chun, where you can basically go for an adventure weekend every few days.

Is it immoral or somehow fraudulent? Surely not. But does it show very clearly where the future of GJJ seems to lie? - IMO yes.

Holy Moment
11/14/2010 6:50pm,
Gracie Jiu-Jitsu is too deadly for the UFC. The UFC has rules, like no eye-gouging or biting, that make Gracie Jiu-Jitsu totally ineffective. Gracie Jiu-Jitsu is for the street, not for sport.

Edit: I just wanted to see how that looked typed out.

goodlun
11/14/2010 7:02pm,
I am not going to lie if I had the money I would totally do this.
http://brazilianblackbelt.com/?page_id=9

Lu Tze
11/14/2010 7:02pm,
This looks a bit touristy, but it's really no different to what some MT camps in Thailand do... half the guys at those are fat bastards who think 4 weeks in Thailand can make up for not training in their home countries, ever.

goodlun
11/14/2010 7:07pm,
This looks a bit touristy
This is how you trick your wife into coming along with you, which of course is the trick to being able to go in the 1st place.

It is Fake
11/14/2010 7:14pm,
Trying to explain Kyra Gracie to your wife isn't going to work.

Hiro Protagonist
11/14/2010 7:28pm,
My wife won't object, because, if I ever can afford a journey like that, Kyra Gracie will be my wife!:idea1:

battlefields
11/14/2010 7:39pm,
I skimmed over most of the thread for the important bits. So, can someone tell me when is this Kyra tour supposedly happening?

Hiro Protagonist
11/14/2010 7:44pm,
This looks a bit touristy, but it's really no different to what some MT camps in Thailand do... half the guys at those are fat bastards who think 4 weeks in Thailand can make up for not training in their home countries, ever.

Second Pffft in this thread.

At least Muay Thai is not gay.

Flappyhead
11/14/2010 8:30pm,
Second Pffft in this thread.

At least Muay Thai is not gay.

BJJ is only gay if you make eye contact. That's why I roll blindfolded.