PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons & Dragons!!!



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hiro Protagonist
11/05/2010 6:56am,
Creating Your Characters


Character Origins


Your character is from the Korinn Archipelago,
a peaceful trading and fishing area, a string of islands extending far out into the western sea.
The Archipelago contains hundreds of islands, some enormous, some too small to see on the map. The area, which was sparsely inhabited in times past, was settled about a hundred years
ago by colonists from far to the south.
They were led by a great seaman named Viledel.
Viledel, never the subtlest of men, made as his base one of the westernmost of the Islands, in the area most thickly prowled by pirates
and corsairs, and began his campaign of smashing piracy wherever he found it.
His followers set up settlements and quickly spread further and further west, into the larger islands closer to civilized nations.
Viledel, who was known as the Sea King throughout his life, died 60 years ago when a pirate raid crushed his island defenses and
overran his home.
Since then, the archipelago has had no central government, but has broken
into a hundred petty island nations. Most islands and cities get along quite well, knowing the advantages to be gained through
peaceful trade.
Piracy has increased in the last 60 years. concentrated in the westernmost of the chain’s islands, but pirates no longer rule the seas.
They prey upon the merchants like parasites instead of sharks. However, the further west you sail, the greater the risk is of running into
pirate ships, and some particularly bold buccaneers sail deep into civilized eastern areas for the rich pickings there.

Your character is from the Archipelago, from whichever island you choose, a worker in whichever profession you rolled or decided upon.


Character Stats

Choose your alignment, roll out your basic ability scores,
and your HP.
The rest, you don't need yet,
because this is an adventure that starts at level 0.



Die Rolls

In order to keep things uncomplicated,
I will do all the rolls, unless your specifically wish to do so yourselves.



OOC Talk

In Italics, please!

Hiro Protagonist
11/05/2010 7:01am,
Backstory


Separately and collectively, you’'ve all fallen into the hands of pirate slavers.

Most of you remember it this way: You were walking in the countryside near your homes, strolling home from the tavern after a night'’s drinking, walking down to the river to fetch some water, or gone to visit
some lass or lad in neighboring village.

And, suddenly, you heard a thrashing in the underbrush around you, and before you could turn you felt a whale of a blow to the back of your head, and everything went black.

When you awoke, you were in the dark, tiny, stinking hold of the pirate galley, shackled by your wrists to the sturdy beams of the slave bunks, bunks stacked like cordwood. There were about 40 other captured
folk of the archipelago there.

You were sick from the blow to your head and from the tossing of the ship,
from the revolting gruel the slaver pirates occasionally fed you, and from the knowledge that you were bound for one of the western slave ports, never again to see your own home.
Mockingly, the keys to your shackles were hung from a hook right by
the hatch to the deck, only 5 or 6 feet from the lot of you. They might as well be miles away.

A few days after you woke up, the ship was hit by a squall, which turned, after half a day of tossing and rolling, into a fullfledged storm which blasted spray and curses into the hold every time the hatch above was opened.

Your jailer, a man named Hafkris — maybe a half-orc, it was hard to tell under all that grime and walrus ugliness— brought about half the shackled slaves abovedecks to man the oars vacated by sailors washed overboard The storm continued on another day, and Hafkris took another one-fourth of the slave cargo abovedecks.

He looked worried.

That was yesterday. You haven’t seen any of the pirates or the slaves since then, and you haven’t been fed. Early today, the shouting and cracking whips indicating that rowers were being kept in line finally
faded away to nothing.

Right now, as you’re waiting for some sign of life from abovedecks, there’s an enormous crash — a grating, grinding noise and horrible shuddering of the ship around you as it runs aground. Abovedecks, there’s the sound of snapping spars and a great crash on the deck which you
know must be the mast coming down.

You’re all thrown toward the bow, but are still held fast by your shackles and suffer more bruises to your wrists.

The bow of the galley is shattered by the impact, and as the galley grinds to a halt, the bow is torn away entirely, letting in a ferocious blast of numbingly-cold air and ram; the port side of the galley is laid open
by a huge boulder that the galley has ground against
A moment later, there’s once again only the sound of wind and pounding surf. Out the open bow, you can see a section of rainpounded
beach; you seem to have run aground where a cliff face meets a cove
beach.

Vorpal
11/05/2010 8:12am,
Dwarf fighter. St15In13Ws10Dx11Cn11Ch8Hp6AlnCN

Hiro Protagonist
11/05/2010 8:17am,
...And your name, good Sir? :)

marcusdbrutus
11/05/2010 8:38am,
This is upsetting to me on a deep, personal level.

Christmas Spirit
11/05/2010 8:41am,
Slander'narf the Boldly Mild
Class:Paladin ALG: LG

Sex: M HP: 9/9

Str: 12
Int: 14
Wis: 15
Con: 12
Char: 16

Christmas Spirit
11/05/2010 8:47am,
Vorpal drank my mellow yellow !!

toyamabarnard
11/05/2010 8:50am,
I'll bite, haven't done this in so long I had to google character creation...

Human fighter
St14 Dx11 Con15 Int14 Wis12 Cha17 Aln CN HP 9
Name: Fuhque

Christmas Spirit
11/05/2010 9:01am,
While waiting for the DM to get his **** together I am going around the dock looking for the biggest freshly caught and barely alive fish.

I am going to Lay Hands/Healing touch it then casually kick/bump it back into the water...

* edit *

damn I thought I read there was a wharf/dock ..





So never mind I am looking for sick birds.

...do I see any sick birds or people laying around ?

toyamabarnard
11/05/2010 9:27am,
While waiting for the DM to get his **** together I am going around the dock looking for the biggest freshly caught and barely alive fish.

I am going to Lay Hands/Healing touch it then casually kick/bump it back into the water...

* edit *

damn I thought I read there was a wharf/dock ..





So never mind I am looking for sick birds.

...do I see any sick birds or people laying around ?
You can't, we're all still shackled with bruised wrists

Hiro Protagonist
11/05/2010 9:31am,
Yeah, got to get the key.

And clothes.

And foot.

And drinkable water.

Christmas Spirit
11/05/2010 9:31am,
You can't, we're all still shackled with bruised wrists

It looks like I am dragging some motherfuckers down the beach with me ..

You hurt ?

Christmas Spirit
11/05/2010 9:32am,
loot corpse of jailer

toyamabarnard
11/05/2010 9:36am,
I'm looking for some keys or something to unshackle myself...

Christmas Spirit
11/05/2010 9:39am,
If I find the key or someone who is hurt worse than I, I will call upon my God ( what mytho's are we playing under? ) and attempt to lay hands on them.

even if it is a baddie ... if it's a baddie he gets tied up after I am free and then he gets healed ( while hog tied.. ) it was a damn ship there should be tons of rope ...

money
11/05/2010 9:54am,
You have been eaten by a grue.