PDA

View Full Version : Introductions Introductions

Gorgon
10/20/2010 9:45pm,

Fitness level: sad

I started Training sikaran karate at age ten, i did so for about a year with little or no improvement, after some harsh comments from the instructor that crushed my young heart my martial arts dream was over, it took eleven years and lots of crying in the shower to get me to participate in Muay Thai classes.

The first lesson punished me to the extent that nothing else has, i was physically ill out of shape and completely and utterly in love. it was a small gym that only permitted training five or so people at a time i had about five or so lessons, before the main fighter of the gym lost a fight and the trainer lost his heart he had previously no showed pretty frequently and was a stay at home dad so it was understandable.

I changed location, and have yet had the means or the money to continue my training,

Permalost
10/21/2010 5:58am,
Welcome to the forum.

patfromlogan
10/21/2010 6:04am,
Welcome to Bullshido. Sounds like you need to find a school or at least some work out partners. So where on planet Earth are you? Perhaps someone here might just have an idea about local schools.

Meanwhile, http://hearingvoices.com/news/2010/10/hv101-john-ono-lennon/ has a great Lennon radio show to download.

http://puravidamae.com/FPO_toon_dog_karate.jpg

tantivy22
10/21/2010 8:14am,
Welcome to Bullshido. I hope you find some where to train.

Gorgon
10/21/2010 3:47pm,
I'm in Australia, specifically the Toowoomba region, in a small town called Southbrook, thirty minutes from anywhere right now.

thank you for the welcomes, in this thread can I also address some of the issues I had with my specific training? Basically I became unable to engage when sparring, I had the technique I was a little slow with my blocks but when it came to sparring I just turtled up like an abused housewife

battlefields
10/21/2010 4:41pm,
I'm in Australia, specifically the Toowoomba region, in a small town called Southbrook, thirty minutes from anywhere right now.

thank you for the welcomes, in this thread can I also address some of the issues I had with my specific training? Basically I became unable to engage when sparring, I had the technique I was a little slow with my blocks but when it came to sparring I just turtled up like an abused housewife

Yeah, do it here to start off with, then when you get a better feel for the site and the different forums, then you'll be able to ask questions in the right place. Not doing so may result in you having your heart crushed again.

Welcome to Bullshido, you really are a long way from nowhere, aren't you? Toowoomba, ****. I found this site in Toowoomba, they compete and it might be good to check them out, if only to see if they are any good and report back here. http://www.teamngapuhi.com.au/

Is Pittsworth close to you? Because Pittsworth Judo Club operates out of there (obviously).

Either way, there is a couple to look into.

Gorgon
10/27/2010 5:54am,
I found an MMA Gym http://www.ringstoowoomba.com/

The website isn't promising with events from 2009 listed. the main trainer has a 3-10-0 record.

But i think Phil Renata is a go

now i just have to find a job :p

Sang
10/27/2010 6:01am,
If i lived in Toowoomba again I'd train at Spain's Muay Thai.

twisted mind
10/27/2010 10:25am,
Welcome to Bullshido, good luck with your search.

Gorgon
1/12/2011 8:59pm,
UPDATE: I have actually relocated to Mackay and begun Training BJJ under Si-Fu Damien Swan and Richard Grandier, Stephen Struven has stopped doing Muay Thai classes because the showgrounds is being rebuilt i'm wondering if you guys could source any form of Muay Thai out there for me.

I joined a Fight Team called team Azztek but so far I only went to train once and they didn't show up, don't home gyms beat all! so now i'm gymming it and using kettlebells which are quite a strange thing indeed

battlefields
1/12/2011 11:19pm,
So you missed out on the floods?

My mate trained muay Thai in Mackay I think.

Gorgon
1/13/2011 12:03am,
So you missed out on the floods?

My mate trained muay Thai in Mackay I think.

Only just I got out on the third all that **** happened pretty much after then, so i'm lucky i guess