PDA

View Full Version : For a Side kick do you hit with the Footsword or heel?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nathancyi
10/17/2010 5:33am,
Do you hit with footsword or heel for sidekick

BackFistMonkey
10/17/2010 5:41am,
I hit with my foot sword and MY HATE !

Wrong forum.

Read the stickies.

Get the **** out.

BackFistMonkey
10/17/2010 5:44am,
Since this has been moved.

Hey there Nathancyi welcome to Bullshido.

What do you use to strike with when you throw a sidekick ? After you answer that could you tell us more about yourself?

MMAMickey
10/17/2010 5:51am,
am I the only one whose never heard the word footsword before?

BackFistMonkey
10/17/2010 6:02am,
am I the only one whose never heard the word footsword before?

I have heard it called that (kinda tongue in cheek) back in my Hapkido days.

feral00
10/17/2010 6:03am,
The "foot sword" is I assume the outside edge of the foot. The traditional answer would be edge for soft targets and heel for hard targets. Just use the heel because I have found that all the good targets for a side kick are better suited to the heel variety.

Nathancyi
10/17/2010 6:34am,
The footsword looks like this http://tkd.ucoz.co.uk/index/footsword/0-63

It is Fake
10/17/2010 6:39am,
Search function in the upper right corner using this these term "Heel Kick."

Side Kick - Heel Ball or Blade of Foot Strike? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69854)
Importance of sidekick - No BS MMA and Martial Arts (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45407)

Nathancyi
10/17/2010 6:48am,
See Some Kid at my dojang told me you hit with the heel and many other kids said you have to hit with the footsword (whole foot keeping ankle tight)

BackFistMonkey
10/17/2010 6:50am,
Since this has been moved.

Hey there Nathancyi welcome to Bullshido.

What do you use to strike with when you throw a sidekick ?

After you answer that could you tell us more about yourself?

Seriously.

Oh and most people around this here neck o the wood just call it the side of the foot it helps keep the DERPA away.

It is Fake
10/17/2010 6:53am,
See Some Kid at my dojang told me you hit with the heel and many other kids said you have to hit with the footsword (whole foot keeping ankle tight)
I gave you links that answer your question. In other words it is hotly debated and an old topic. Read those links and make your own decision. Better yet, do what you instructor told you.

Nathancyi
10/17/2010 6:58am,
So what would you guys hit with??

It is Fake
10/17/2010 7:00am,

Read the links and make your own decision.

BackFistMonkey
10/17/2010 7:08am,

Can you like not see my posts?

OpenCircle
10/17/2010 8:11am,
It kind of depends where you kick them. If you some how manage to kick the person in the throat then I would think kicking them with the blade of your foot would be a better choice. But if you kick them in the solar plexes or the head then the heel of your foot would be more affective.

maofas
10/17/2010 8:22am,
Seriously.

Oh and most people around this here neck o the wood just call it the side of the foot it helps keep the DERPA away.

While "footsword" is a little too TMA poetic, "side of the foot" makes people think you're using the entire edge of the foot at which point they will lecture you on how the alignment of force is all wrong, how you'll break your foot, etc. If you look at the picture s/he linked, it's the edge near the heel only which is a big difference and has very good alignment.

Using the edge was something I took for granted as being more technically correct, but now I don't think there is much of a difference between the two.