PDA

View Full Version : Intro

JAFMAS
10/01/2010 9:23pm,
Just an intro. I'm 50 years old, and new to this forum. I had been lurking on here for a while reading some of the posts and decided to join. I've been training in Taekwondo for approximately one year, and in addition to TKD, I'm also in to weight training. My current belt rank is green.

Now the "bad news"....I'm an ATA student. I can't compare my school to others as I've had no previous martial arts training before, so I'm not even going to go there.

Looking forward to this forum.

BackFistMonkey
10/01/2010 9:42pm,
Welcome to Bullshido fellow green belt.

Sorry to hear about the ATA thing but you know, if you're having fun and not carrying delusions of effectiveness or street deadliness there is nothing wrong with TDK of any brand name.

What are your goals in your training ?

Omega Supreme
10/01/2010 9:54pm,
Yo old man! Link!!!!

JAFMAS
10/04/2010 7:32am,
Welcome to Bullshido fellow green belt.

Sorry to hear about the ATA thing but you know, if you're having fun and not carrying delusions of effectiveness or street deadliness there is nothing wrong with TDK of any brand name.

What are your goals in your training ?

Delusiional? Certainly not.

My goals are pretty simple actually. I got involved in Martial Arts not only for the fitness benefit, but also to learn some basic self-defense and have some fun in doing so.

At my age, I don't have any delusions of competing in the next Olympics or fighting professionally.

I know ATA often gets trashed, but it's been a positive experience for me so far.