PDA

View Full Version : Krotty apparently works

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TrueKarateKid
9/30/2010 7:41pm,
Yeah.... my BJJ class today was a giant ball of wierdness for me, once we started rolling. Three particularly wierd points stand out for me. The first was then my partner, who I had in guard, rolled me into mount. I didn't sweep him, he didn't slip. He was in my guard and just rolled onto his back, pulling me into mount.

Then in a second roll with a different partner, I actually got a standing (or in this case, a kneeling) arm lock. The exact same one that I learned way back in my krotty classes. And it got my partner to tap too.

And then the wierdness hit again when I managed to use one of my old Krotty takedowns to drop a guy down under side control. This same takedown is probably one of the most bizarre "throws" you could possibly use, and I didn't even think it was going to work. The guy in question was just much better than me, so I figured "Why not?"

Just a wierd class today. And figured I'd post it for your amusement.

battlefields
9/30/2010 8:21pm,
I am not amused.

kayman101
9/30/2010 9:13pm,
I am not amused.

Seconded, I've taken more interesting shits.

helmutlvx
9/30/2010 9:16pm,
Hey guys.

BJJ apparently works.

I grabbed this guy's leg during Krotty class at the YMCA and this guy punched me in the face, so I dry-humped his leg.

I won the fight because he ran out of the room and wouldn't come back.

You guys like me now, right?

RIGHT?!

kayman101
9/30/2010 9:22pm,
Hey guys.

BJJ apparently works.

I grabbed this guy's cock during Krotty class at the YMCA and this guy punched me in the face, so I dry-humped his leg.

I won the fight because he ran out of the room and wouldn't come back.

You guys like me now, right?

RIGHT?!

***Fixed****:kermit:

helmutlvx
9/30/2010 9:34pm,
Don't get me so excited outside of Trollshido.

Something bad might happen.

PizDoff
9/30/2010 10:11pm,
So when is your next BJJ class?

What throw did you use? Was it more of a sweep? Did it come from a kata?

Did BJJ win again?

YouTube - Gracie Jiujitsu vs Kick Boxing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpg5FMvUHu4)

crappler
9/30/2010 11:15pm,
What the **** is a "krotty takedown"?

goodlun
9/30/2010 11:22pm,
http://www.ehow.com/video_4467627_down-attacker-self-defense.html
maybe???

helmutlvx
9/30/2010 11:25pm,
What the **** is a "krotty takedown"?

It's a single leg attempt where your face ends up being on your opponent's stomach and you hope to God the momentum makes him fall over.

WhiteShark
9/30/2010 11:39pm,
Guess what? Everyone you rolled with today let you win on purpose just so you would post this thread and get trolled. They are all now at home laughing at you. BJJ WINS AGAIN!

TrueKarateKid
10/01/2010 12:11am,
Ah yes. I knew I shouldn't have hit the "submit" button on this post. I've been away from the site for far too long. I had an odd moment in class, with the rare success of an impractical technique and decided to share.

....To be honest, I'm not surprised, though once again, highly dissapointed in myself for assuming the replies would be anything but what they were.

So when is your next BJJ class?

What throw did you use? Was it more of a sweep? Did it come from a kata?

Did BJJ win again?

YouTube - Gracie Jiujitsu vs Kick Boxing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpg5FMvUHu4)

Assuming you're not being sarcastic (because I seriously have a problem with reading anything lower than Captain Obvious levels of sarcasm), Tuesday, don't know the technique's actual name (apparently it was unimportant to the kata), a bit, and surprisingly yes, and obviously yes.

With that out of the way, you may resume ridiculing my naivety, as I'm sure you can't wait to do, following that post.

battlefields
10/01/2010 12:16am,
PizDoff is never sarcastic.

EDIT: [/sarcasm]

EDIT 2: So naive.

TrueKarateKid
10/01/2010 12:24am,
Exactly. See, I can't actually tell if you're being sarcastic there or not.

[/sarcasm]

battlefields
10/01/2010 12:29am,
It's actually an in joke between me and PizDoff. Well, not so much a "joke" as such, more of a humourous opportunity presented in your post we have discussed previously.

TrueKarateKid
10/01/2010 12:33am,
Well, feel free then. Now that you ran me through that refresher on what to expect here, I'm not anticipating that this thread will be much use for anything else.