PDA

View Full Version : Did I mention, MOVIE? Atrophy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

TheMightyMcClaw
4/06/2010 10:47pm,
This summer, there's a local independent film studio that's going to be making a scifi/action film here in Southwest Michigan. And by "scifi/action film", I mean is "post-apocalyptic steampunk action-adventure film".
The important part is, I am going to be to fight director for this movie.
The movie is called Atrophy, and you can see the website for it here (http://www.atrophythemovie.com/), and the facebook group for it here (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atrophy-The-Movie/325431677266?ref=mf#!/pages/Atrophy-The-Movie/325431677266?v=info&ref=mf).
It's a tale as old as time itself, really; a man falls asleep in his basement, man wakes up in a decaying otherworld, man gets chased through the desert by killer robot.
Anyways, since I'm going to be writing and directing the fight scenes for this movie, I have a very important poll for you all:
Is there anything you've always wanted to see in a fight scene? Keep in mind, we've got a limited budget and no professional stuntmen, so anything involving spearmen diving off of flaming motorcycles is probably not doable.
But yeah, keep your eyes on this one.

Neo Sigma
4/06/2010 10:53pm,
Mostly I'm just posting to say that that's really cool. Unfortunately, Ong Bak took care of pretty much any crazy crap I would have liked to see in a fight scene.

CombatCuddler
4/06/2010 10:57pm,
Flying robot armbar

ZenOfAnger
4/06/2010 11:16pm,
I would like to see CGI Mudkips....

Permalost
4/06/2010 11:23pm,
I'm going to be a zombie extra in an upcoming low budget movie called Delta Zulu. It's got the fast 28 days later style zombies. Anyway, I think it would be cool to see some joint manipulation either against or by a robot- it always made sense to me that a robot would try to damage the structures that allows its opponent to attack and move around. I know you dislike silat, but there's some stuff that I think would capture the public eye in terms of some of the takedowns and final positions and might also look really cool with a robot in the mix:
YouTube- Pencak Silat Techniques (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F78Mx6_DaFs&feature=related)

lolhate
4/06/2010 11:30pm,
Flying robot armbar

This. So many times this. Have at least one robot have four arms to accommodate for otherwise impossible BJJ moves.

Also, robot roundhouse kicks.

battlefields
4/06/2010 11:35pm,
Do something original like have the robot nigh on indestructible. Have the robot chase him through an industrial plant and get pushed into a vat of molten steel.

PimpDawg
4/06/2010 11:56pm,
Flying armbars, triangles, koshi-guruma, omoplatas, leg locks of any kind, captain Kirk throw to kneebar combo.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
4/07/2010 12:06am,
Elbow to spine double leg counter. I would like to see it work for once.

Squerlli
4/07/2010 12:11am,
One of the robots dies as follows:

Plum clinch --> knee to the mid section --> knee to the head that sends it's head off high in the air only to comically come back down later and kill another robot.

The_Beak
4/07/2010 12:13am,
Butt punch. or a scissor leg takedown to heelhook

Lysol
4/07/2010 1:15am,
Why not make a realistic fight?

You know, where first, you show a montage depicting a short, pudgy guy practicing wing chun until he gets extremely good at the chun. Then, he picks a fight with a tall, muscular untrained meathead and gets totally fucking destroyed by the first haymaker thrown

Strifes
4/07/2010 1:16am,
Already saw it, was 1987 against Gary Busey in a death match on a front lawn.

Steve
4/07/2010 1:27am,
We have a MMM forum on www.Sociocide.com. Just in case you forgot.

<3

The Question
4/07/2010 2:06am,
One of the robots dies as follows:

Plum clinch --> knee to the mid section --> knee to the head that sends it's head off high in the air only to comically come back down later and kill another robot.

Fuckin' A.

Emevas
4/07/2010 2:17am,
Groin striking.

Not in the sense of someone striking someone elses' groin, but more in the sense that someone uses their groin to strike someone else.