PDA

View Full Version : who has beaten the crap out of an aikidoka?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

SMF
2/29/2004 3:24am,
Im not talking about watching some classes and thinking "thats crap wheres the sparring?" or quiting aikido to run off and train something else. Who here came to the conclusion that aikido sucked because they kicked piss out of one of its good students?

GajusCaesar
2/29/2004 3:27am,
Well, I would LIKE to kick the piss out of some of its students if I was given the opportunity. However, all of the aikidoka I know refuse to spar with me because they say they are non-violent and don't want anyone to be hurt. That's why they take aikido they say. They aren't in to punching people.

Deadpan Scientist
2/29/2004 3:28am,
I beat up a 1st kyu after my aikido class. I also choked a 3rd dan. (This was before I did bjj)

GajusCaesar
2/29/2004 3:29am,
Originally posted by brandeissansoo
I beat up a 1st kyu after my aikido class. I also choked a 3rd dan. (This was before I did bjj)

TiZight! You don't have video, though, do you?

chaosexmachina
2/29/2004 3:30am,
I'm going to submit my aikidoka friend at the Vancouver McThrowdown. I don't know if that qualifies for 'beating the crap out of him' .... .... But it shall be done!

Greese
2/29/2004 3:31am,
The only Aikido person I can get my hands on his a third dan in Judo and JJ...
That is hardly fair.

SMF
2/29/2004 3:32am,
"I also choked a 3rd dan. (This was before I did bjj)" cool. Ground?

chaosexmachina
2/29/2004 3:38am,
The aikidokas that also train karate (like my friend) usually don't mind sparring. Find a school that teaches both.

SMF
2/29/2004 3:40am,
Osiris play the odds and push over some bloke walking out of a health food store.

GajusCaesar
2/29/2004 3:41am,
Originally posted by soul mind fist
Osiris play the odds and push over some bloke walking out of a health food store.

Are you ADVOCATING Aikidoka pounding? That doesn't sound Aikido-like at ALL to me.

GajusCaesar
2/29/2004 3:44am,
Originally posted by chaosexmachina
The aikidokas that also train karate (like my friend) usually don't mind sparring. Find a school that teaches both.

Ah, in this lies the heart of teh problem. . . If they train in Aikido and, say, Shotokan, did you pound them because they tried to use Aikido, or because they don't know how to hit harder than 5 year old? You just don't know.

All Aikidoka I know are above fighting. Hence, you cannot kick their asses unless you commit a crime in assaulting them.

chaosexmachina
2/29/2004 3:45am,
"Osiris play the odds and push over some bloke walking out of a health food store."

I think there's a better chance it would be a tai chi practioner.

bunyip
2/29/2004 3:47am,
Originally posted by GajusCaesar
All Aikidoka I know are above fighting. Hence, you cannot kick their asses unless you commit a crime in assaulting them.

I'm sick of all these martial arts that keep you from getting your ass kicked!

SMF
2/29/2004 3:48am,
nah i just wanna hear some stories of arrogant aikidoka that thought they could better full contact fighters at their own game, and getting fucked up.

DaveH
2/29/2004 3:48am,
Who here came to the conclusion that aikido sucked because they kicked piss out of one of its good students
I tripped over my hakama once getting up from a breakfall and left myself in a semi-unconscious state. Does that qualify ?

BTW Aikido is ghey haven't you all heard ?

chaosexmachina
2/29/2004 3:49am,
Well in my case, me and my aikidoka buddy have never done any type of sparring except grappling. So it would have to be aikido, or whatever else he knows. He has a so called 'badger' stategy, involving headlocks like we wasn't made to release them. I don't know if that has anything to do with aikido... So I don't know if I'm proving anything here. ~ Duuhhh... ~