Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/13/2010 8:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found the Chun improved my stand up immensely. If by "improve" you means it helped me get my as kicked in new and humiliating ways...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2010 8:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the WC school understands how dynamic fighting really is (opponent wants to win or survive) then they have a chance. If they think fighting is practicing techniques in class then they will have a tendency to drift off into fantasy land.

I think a clever fighter could see WC and make it usable even if it came from a crappy school while a much less talented person would not know a good move unless it was done to them over and over.

To the OP,

Wing Chun has too bad a reputation around here to get a fair trial. its ok, I can accept that because, well its justly deserved. The op cold be real and serious who knows but he wont find any quarters here because the crowd demands evidence. I do too. I always kind of thought all these WC guys sucked and after visiting the conference in 2005 out of all the WC people there one small school impressed me and another changed my opinion of them. Yes, I donít like WC people in general and the root reason is also why it gives people licience to bash WC here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 5:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's see :

Wing Chun or a real striking art?

It's a very hard question, not. I will be straight: Don't pick Wing Chun up. I mean, unless you want to pick up some dancing as well... MT, kickbox , box will help you. If you don't like the previous ones think of Sanda or Kyokushin.

8+ years of Wing Chun

Note: 'I will die a wing chun man' (it gives me a laugh every single time)

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 6:20am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    I found the Chun improved my stand up immensely. If by "improve" you means it helped me get my as kicked in new and humiliating ways...
    Yup. I also found that Wing Chun improved my skills tremendously. If by 'Improved' you mean made me stand in a retarded stance with my chin up in the air hands by my chest while people who actually knew what they were doing punched me in the face.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 6:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wing chun is an awesome and effective martial art, in fact, the style produced many famous champions such as.......ehr....hang on....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 7:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NotElGuapo View Post
    A friend of mine said this forum was a good place to discuss all MA.
    And so it is.

The question you should be asking yourself is why your friend sent you here. If he has any knowledge of this site at all, then he already knew the reception your little story would recieve.

Just a thought. Maybe he's sick of having you spout this retardation at him, and sent you to a place where it could get the feedback it deserves. Put simply: he wants to tell you that you are full of ****, doesn't want to do it to your face, sends you to a site full of people who are only too happy to tell you that you are full of ****.

You need to question why your "friend" felt that he could not tell you his honest opinion. You need to question whether he is actually your "friend" at all. You need to wonder whether everyone you know is laughing behind your back. You need to consider whether your life is worth living.

Preferably alone, on acid, with access to firearms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 8:03am

Style: Judo, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shame that one didn't last long, I always enjoy these threads.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 9:21am

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey guyz. bruce motherfucking lee did the chun. so it's gotta be teh r34l d34dly.

Oh wait. He hated it and wrote about how it held back his skills. Whattaya know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 10:39am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always love these people coming here thinking that "discuss" means "verbal circle-jerk", it's like they don't understand the concept of critical evaluation.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nifoc View Post
    I always love these people coming here thinking that "discuss" means "verbal circle-jerk", it's like they don't understand the concept of critical evaluation.
    Yeah, Bullshido never has verbal circle jerk sessions. Never.
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast