Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 8:03am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You claim to be intelligent enough to learn the complexities of a martial art sufficient to be graded to a Black Belt at just the age of nine yet, you expect me to believe you when you say you're..
    not a computer person
    .. How old are you again ?

No.. I don't take you or what you write seriously.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 9:59am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hapkido is not anywhere near a combination of Aikido and competition Taekwondo, and in the majority of cases, is not a competition art.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 10:02am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokeshi View Post
    Thank you as well, for taking out the time to listen to me, and read what I have to share. So yes please ask away, maybe with your help, and research on me, I can once again get in touch with old friends whom I’ve held dear in my heart through out the years. If you go to my website under Links, you’ll see a list of Dojo’s, some which I've attended, others whom Masters I've trained with, and ones that I recommend if your in the area.
    This does not matter. We are talking about your ranking. I find it dubious that latter you talk about respecting your degree and master but, Codos is supposed to help you get back in touch with these people. I have trained at various schools and attended various schools. Let's not play semantically based games here as people have called your rank into question.

Yes there was a time that I was fluent in actually a couple of languages Japanese being amongst the top three, I also spoke Korean, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and English, but after 10years of being in Florida, it seems I've lost touch with it all. Now I only speak Japanese when I teach calling techniques and movements by their proper names, Korean we'll it's long been forgotten. In Florida English and Spanish are most common, and rarely do I get to meet, and share time with people of different cultures like I did before when I was back home in N.Y.
    The translations from Japanese to English can be a bit tricky at times. For me to call myself Dojo Cho might seem a bit more reasonable to some, but I think such a title should come from Hombu Dojo, only then will I use such a title. Since Master has been the most common name when referring to me, seeing that my elders have passed, being the last in my own personal family as well to continue the legacy my great grand father had started for us, and opening a school, the name Soke seemed more reasonable. However, I don’t asked to be called such by my students or any one at all, it’s merely a title as the leader of my school, as one whom is passing on a Family Tradition, and Legacy provided by the Founder himself, to all whom seek to learn with sincerity the true essence of our Art.
    Forgetting how to speak a language is one thing. Forgetting how their honorific system works and using excuses to explain why you misuse terms is another. That is what you are doing right now. Yes, the translations are a bit tricky no, not for someone calling themselves fluent or formerly fluent. Yes, another semantically based excuse by you. It is noted that you named 5 that you spoke and only named one of the top 3.

Hearing Luis, instead of Sensei or Master every now and again does feel great as well, sometimes people seem to forget I too have a first name.
    Arrogance does not become you.

Aikido is not a competition Martial Art, though there are schools that do so. When I was asked to stop competing it was basically a choice, either keep fighting and become famous, or accept being a Part of the Aikido World how I had always wished for.
    You were asked to stop competing which means you had been competing. Name of competition please.

Since a kid I would go to Kissena Park, in Queens N.Y. where an old Chinese man would teach Tai Chi, no grades, no school, just a gather of Martial Artist at a park looking for something more.
    Not Shaolin Kung Fu.

As well I had many friends from China, whom trained as a family lineage in the Arts you mentioned, and some whom were not Chinese in love with the Arts of Kung Fu. It wasn’t until meeting masters of schools in Colombia, and here in Florida, that my achievements in those arts were recognized.
    So, you do not know if you were trained in Shaolion kung fu.

Hapkido I haven’t mastered nor hold any type of grade in. I’ve had fun training it though at a Dojo in Medellin Colombia, and in Palm Bay Florida. It’s a mixture of Aikido and Competition Tae Kwon Do, if your into competition Arts, then it will be simple to adjust to their movements having prior experience both in Aikido, and Tae Kwon Do. Though if you are training Aikido, and have been for a while, do ask your Sensei permission before entering the ring. It’s not only a show of respect to your Teacher, but the Dojo itself.
    Okay, so no shaolin kung fu training.

I would say the age of 7 or even 9 should be fine to be considered a black belt in Aikido if you've started since you could walk. Most common for kids today at public dojo’s whom start in the Art are any where from the ages of 5-7 then I would say 12-17 would be about that time to focus on receiving a Yudansha. For teen’s starting around the age of 12-14, by their 20's they should be more then ready.
    Well at least you are consistent and didn't mess up your age at Black Belt. I do find it funny you talk about rank and money grabs when most of those schools allow 7-9 year old black belts. "Do what I say not what I do" right?

Though, many schools promote such in 3years or so but then we‘ll be going back to the business, and need of money mentality, such things sadden me. Times today are not like before, I put much Love, and value in all I know and teach, with that in mind one must earn a Yudansha in my eyes throughout time and effort not just cash alone. Degrees should be held with honor and respect, not only to your school, Master, and yourself , but also all whom surround you in a skillful environment, and life in general.
    Yet, you were fluent in many languages and forgot them all. So, no, not all.

I see your a new player in this webpage or link as you call it, I'm not a computer person so don't mind if I know not it's proper name.
    So, please, don't act like you are computer illeterate when you now how to "link" to your own website.

Do us all a favor and do not play games. See the people here encounter claims like this on a regular basis. You have posted on at least one other website.
    Sekai Sokeshi, Hanshi - AikiWeb Aikido Forums

Sekai Sokeshi, Hanshi - AikiWeb Aikido Forums

You understand basic web terminology.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 10:51am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Luis- please explain your experiences in muay thai and jiujitsu. You didn't mention those two in your explanation about other arts (Shaolin kung fu wasn't explicitly there either). Also, please elaborate on your competition background- what kind of tournaments these were and ideally when and where. Also where did you train in Brevard?

There was also a question about this photo:

Isn't that you wearing a white belt in 1999?

There was also a question about which of the 4 branches of daito ryu you studied.

Also, what is this rank: Wu Dang, Jinlong Jin (Golden Dragon) Duan?

Are you no longer fluent in Japanese? Can you still read and write it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 11:29am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those links IIF posted are very interesting, having lurked this thread from the first post I have come to the conclusion that Luis is mentally unbalanced. He tries to sound like a cross between Yoda, Gandalf and Mr Miyagi - who the hell speaks/types like that?! I call Dunnings-Krueger effect. I've come across this type before while managing another forum too.

Mr Alba, saying that you picked up Japanese by reading O'Sensei's book from cover to cover' followed by practicing to write some kanji is simply ridiculous. So in addition to your martial prowess you also claim to a savant ability to pick up linguistics? Usou shika kakenai ne, omae wa hontou ni kichigai to omou. Wakatta?

Re fluency in Japanese, here is the 'advice' he was tolling out on the aikiwebs site. They didn't seem to impressed either and also called bullshit.

"Wise beyond my age i knew that the Modern ways which were more popular would begin to fade their true ways.
    As for the the Nature of my trainning itself, I advise you to study each Kanji, as whole and individual, even as when joined, here i'll make it easy;
    AikiBujutsu, AikiBudo, Aikido, Aiki, Bujutsu, Budo, Ai, Ki, Bu, Jutsu, Do, A, I, Ki, Bu.
    if and when you finish studing these Charectors in depth, you'll understand the essence of my path, and the names they cary, and the reason behind its Order."

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 7:34pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brevity is the soul of wit, Mr Alba, and those questions should be pretty straightforward to answer. Here's an example:

"Coffeefan, how long have you been training in SAMBO"

About 10 years.

"Cool, when did you receive your black belt?"

I was tested and awarded my black belt in November 2009, however my certification was presented and dated April 2010.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 3:55pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokeshi View Post
    I see your a soldier, probably good at following orders, and especially others, however I want you to think like a Warrior when approaching the subject of myself, and learn how to think and act on your own.
    Perhaps Simio is being nice by letting this go by, but I am not letting it go by. I find it ironic that you, a civilian who plays the martial arts version of "cowboys and Indians," is lecturing a REAL, PROFESSIONAL WARRIOR on the Warrior Ethos. Your inference that Soldiers do not know how to "think and act on your own" is a grand example of your apparent ignorance on the topic and your apparent arrogance, and is an insult to all REAL, PROFESSIONAL WARRIORS.

It seems that you do not know how a real warrior thinks, therefore you should not be demanding how a REAL, PROFESSIONAL WARRIOR should think.

It may not be your intention to do so, but your written word really does come across that way. I hope this is just a miscommunication on your part.

With that said, I don't have a dog in this fight; I hope you are able to answer the questions put forth to you in a satisfactory way, and I hope you and everyone else comes out of this happy, with new friends, and hugs all around. I live just down the road from you, and would like to meet you in a friendly, non-judgmental way. Good luck to you.

Jeff Cook

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 4:57pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeff..

Alba can't be taken seriously hence I couldn't be bother offering an answer to his stupidity.

"To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 5:25pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    Luis- please explain your experiences in muay thai and jiujitsu. You didn't mention those two in your explanation about other arts (Shaolin kung fu wasn't explicitly there either). Also, please elaborate on your competition background- what kind of tournaments these were and ideally when and where. Also where did you train in Brevard?

There was also a question about this photo:

Isn't that you wearing a white belt in 1999?

There was also a question about which of the 4 branches of daito ryu you studied.

Also, what is this rank: Wu Dang, Jinlong Jin (Golden Dragon) Duan?

Are you no longer fluent in Japanese? Can you still read and write it?
    Please respond to the questions posed to you Mr. Alba.

For the record, as a former soldier myself, I was very offended by your post telling Simio to think for himself as well. Soldiers have to constantly evaluate their surroundings in training as well as in combat. For your information, this requires the soldier to think for himself.

Frankly, your smug condescension is appalling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 6:54pm

Style: Street Focus Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Sokeshi.

My Mother owns a house on Lake Under hill and Semoron, I graduated from Boone High School. Where exactly is your school? I'm interested in trying your classes out. Is there anyway we can get in contact about pricing?

I am not interested in a year long contract, I'm looking for a place to train while I visit. Is there anyway you can make accommodation for that time period?
    Last edited by shotfghter; 9/28/2010 7:01pm at .
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast