Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 8:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So yeah, what dojo in Brevard are you associated with?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 3:22am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this topic is done.

It's obvious that Mr. Alba isn't going to clarify the points we've asked for.

I'll start the write-up with the material we've got thus far leaving this thread and the (eventual) write-up open for additional information should it ever come forward.

FTAO Mr. Alba.

Mr.Alba, the write-up I'm about to put together will be based on the information contained in this thread, I'm sure you'll agree without the additional information we've requested from you, The conclusion we must draw isn't looking particularly positive for you.

You may retort with you don't care about our opinions or what we (I) write about you in our investigation sub-site, I would counter argue that whilst you may not give a damn, readers to this site - numbering near a hundred throusand and rising, may not share your cavalier attitude toward your reputation; equally when people search for you or Aikido dojo in the Florida region, I guarantee this thread and the accompanying investigation write-up will be one of the first search results they find.

Again - you may say you don't care, and if that's truely the case, why should we.

Why don't you take a few moments to aquaint yourself with some of the consumer advocacy work we do here:

http://www.bullshido.org/Category:Investigations
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/18/2010 9:13am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Formal write-up now under way.

I'll post the wiki link once it's past approval and live.

~Ella Wheeler

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/20/2010 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fwiw the only email I got back was from a daito ryu org in Melbourne, Australia because I didn't know there was a Melbourne in Florida.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/20/2010 2:34pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problem.

Thanks for the clarification, what you could do for me which would be a great help, would be to take caps of Alba's websites or additional websites where he's been making similar claims.

~Ella Wheeler

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    No problem.

Thanks for the clarification, what you could do for me which would be a great help, would be to take caps of Alba's websites or additional websites where he's been making similar claims.
    I've just finished making a folder of about 40 screenshots (he's pretty long winded in his biography). How do I send them to you?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 2:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheers mate.. just hold them until I need them for the write-up, we can prolly exchange them here via our picture galleries

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 6:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CodosDePiedra.
    Thanks for being a part of this thread. Can you address some questions?
    Thank you as well, for taking out the time to listen to me, and read what I have to share. So yes please ask away, maybe with your help, and research on me, I can once again get in touch with old friends whom I’ve held dear in my heart through out the years. If you go to my website under Links, you’ll see a list of Dojo’s, some which I've attended, others whom Masters I've trained with, and ones that I recommend if your in the area.
    http://aiki-budo.webs.com/apps/links/

1.On your bio, you wrote:
    "Shiba Sensei Requested that I traine under a good friend of his, whom lived in the building that my family and I had just moved to at the time. My Teachings with Shiba Sensei were now at least three times a week. Training was always after school and on weekends but only after all my studies were done, which they made sure of. Zusuki Sensei's home was more like a Shrine. Most of our day was spent in zeiza reading O'Sensei's book, that was written in Nipponese, and was read from back to front. We would write Kanji after a normal four hour class, I soon became fluent in Japanese. Training seven days a week, I began a deeper understanding of true Essence of our Art"
    So, you are fluent in Japanese? There were some issues with your Japanese by regular posters who speak Japanese, for example over your use of aikikatana and soke.
    Yes there was a time that I was fluent in actually a couple of languages Japanese being amongst the top three, I also spoke Korean, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and English, but after 10years of being in Florida, it seems I've lost touch with it all. Now I only speak Japanese when I teach calling techniques and movements by their proper names, Korean we'll it's long been forgotten. In Florida English and Spanish are most common, and rarely do I get to meet, and share time with people of different cultures like I did before when I was back home in N.Y.
    The translations from Japanese to English can be a bit tricky at times. For me to call myself Dojo Cho might seem a bit more reasonable to some, but I think such a title should come from Hombu Dojo, only then will I use such a title. Since Master has been the most common name when referring to me, seeing that my elders have passed, being the last in my own personal family as well to continue the legacy my great grand father had started for us, and opening a school, the name Soke seemed more reasonable. However, I don’t asked to be called such by my students or any one at all, it’s merely a title as the leader of my school, as one whom is passing on a Family Tradition, and Legacy provided by the Founder himself, to all whom seek to learn with sincerity the true essence of our Art. Hearing Luis, instead of Sensei or Master every now and again does feel great as well, sometimes people seem to forget I too have a first name.
    Kendo, Kenjutsu, and Iaido are the most common traditional names of training in the Japanese Sword, however the Aiki Katana to me is a poesy in motion, beginning with the basics of Shomen, Yokomen, and Tsuki, continuing on to the free flowing movements of Takemusu Aiki, in a way to reach a form of enlightment called Satori through the graceful movements of the Sword, in the hopes of becoming Aiki No O Kami a perfect human being. We all have our flaws, however this does not mean we can’t strive for perfection. Like O’Sensei said the Aikikatana gives us the power to cut through and destroy all evil, bringing peace to this World.
    Before people begin to ask where did you get that from?. It’s simple a couple of years back I was gifted the book of Budo written in Spanish where O’Sensei takes a picture with his sword by his side, underneath that picture what I wrote is written. It’s page 28 on my book right before part II, and the Teachings of Life. I’ve provided a link below for any one whom wishes to purchase this book in the English version. I’ve found what's written to be very enlightening, especially the poems. Keep in mind though Techniques can’t be learned by just reading a book, and doing what’s on a picture, real sweat, time, effort, and blood must be shed to fully understand the meaning of many things especially when it comes to Martial Arts, or any Art in general. Search out a Dojo near you where others can help you understand things a bit more clearly so that you yourself don’t get hurt doing something silly, a place where people can help your technique achieve greatness.
    Amazon.com: Budo Teachings of the Founder of Aikido Ueshiba (Best Karate) (9784770020703): Morihei Ueshiba: Books

2. What did your teacher mean when they asked you to leave the combat world? Also, you claim to be undefeated. Were you ever in a position to be defeated? I mean, I'm undefeated at tiger wrestling, but I don't ever mention it.
    Aikido is not a competition Martial Art, though there are schools that do so. When I was asked to stop competing it was basically a choice, either keep fighting and become famous, or accept being a Part of the Aikido World how I had always wished for. You see to me Budo is a Spiritual Practice, a Spiritual Path, not just a Martial Art as it's promoted today. Back in N.Y. and in Colombia I had many, many street fights, in those times it was common to find trouble when not looking for it, every where there were thieves robbing even the old, and crews that would prey on the weak at times cutting them up leaving a scar for life. I don’t tolerate such things, and would put what I knew into practice by confronting real life situations, while others just sat back and fell victim I decided to start making a change seeing that my very own mother would have to walk those same streets when coming home from work, my younger sisters as well would one day have to do the same, a change had to be made. So yes I have put myself, and have also found myself in situations where coming home might not have been an option. Justice should never be taken by ones own hand but at times things need to be done for a better future not only for yourself but most importantly others as well. Seeing that I could barely be touched by the older individuals on the street whether I fought one or many, I decided to put my skills up against fighters of public schools as well, the result was no different. When I met Yamada, word came to me that he had heard of what I was doing, so he asked of me something simple, either wear that black hakama and represent our Art to the fullest, or keep doing what I was. I decided to humble myself and leave the fighting world behind both in the streets and in the ring, focusing more in my study of Budo. Forgive my dumbness about the things I know nothing of, but by the way what is Tiger Wrestling?. I’ve never heard of it, maybe someday you can teach me, one should never be to old or stubborn to learn new things.

3. Can you explain how you are "“well trained in the arts of shoalin kung fu. Tai chi, hapkido, muay thai and jujutsu”? I'm also in my 20s and have been training for years, but I'd say that I'm well versed in kung fu, well read in the others.
    I like how you put that “Well versed in Kung Fu, well read in others“. Honestly it doesn’t matter if you train an Art from Japan, Korea, Thailand, or China, it’s the individual self which will always shine through. I am not Japanese so I can never be Samurai however this does not mean you can't become a great Warrior. All arts are similar in basics, just a few inches separates them all. I would say Focus more on your Chi then the movement itself, and you'll see how naturally all your movements will flow especially after 20years of training. Forget all material things that surround you, the problems of the day, and the can not’s that one creates in the mind. If there’s anything I’ve learned it’s that you will succeed in all if you move forward from the heart. Though I’ve been training for as long as I can remember, it wasn’t until the age of 19 that I realized skill and strength isn’t everything at all, we must look deeper within ourselves and focus our Ki or Chi in all we do. Now at 29, I've dedicated every single day of my life to the Arts, at times putting to a side the need of family, food, sleep, and many material things. Never did I want recognition for anything I've done seeing that it’s been more of a personal journey for me, but none the less here we are.
    Since a kid I would go to Kissena Park, in Queens N.Y. where an old Chinese man would teach Tai Chi, no grades, no school, just a gather of Martial Artist at a park looking for something more. As well I had many friends from China, whom trained as a family lineage in the Arts you mentioned, and some whom were not Chinese in love with the Arts of Kung Fu. It wasn’t until meeting masters of schools in Colombia, and here in Florida, that my achievements in those arts were recognized. Hapkido I haven’t mastered nor hold any type of grade in. I’ve had fun training it though at a Dojo in Medellin Colombia, and in Palm Bay Florida. It’s a mixture of Aikido and Competition Tae Kwon Do, if your into competition Arts, then it will be simple to adjust to their movements having prior experience both in Aikido, and Tae Kwon Do. Though if you are training Aikido, and have been for a while, do ask your Sensei permission before entering the ring. It’s not only a show of respect to your Teacher, but the Dojo itself.

4. Isn't there some kind of a lower age limit to receiving a shodan in aikido? If so, how did you get your shodan at such a young age?
    One day I asked my Master, when will I get a black belt? To my surprise he said “I thought I’ve been training a black belt since I met you”. Taking off his belt he asked me to pass him mine, I was in street clothes, and had a long brown belt around my waist. He put my belt on, and with such pride then put his belt on me and said, “Here now you are a black belt, such thoughts should not matter at all if your focus is truly in the Arts“.
    Always keeping that in mind, I’ve learned through out the years to focus more on the individual teacher themselves, then what ever degree they hold. Now a days Martial Arts are ran as a business, and with this business mentality comes the need for cash. Many individuals today that hold certain ranks are given to them simply because they were able to afford them, and barely pass a test. I've seen White belts in Tae Kwon Do out kick 3rd and 4rth dan’s, it’s the true and sincere dedication to the Arts which matters most. So I understand how administrator had to remove his Hakama when meeting Yamada Sensei. Though I've always worn a White Hakama in my younger years, I knew it was not as common in the Aikikai circles, so I merely folded it up, and put it to a side when ever I visited the Aikikai. It wasn’t until meeting Yamada Sensei that I began to wear a black hakama at his request. Always keep in mind though, that when entering any dojo even if it’s of the same Art we must put our minds in blank forgetting everything we know. Focusing completely on the task at hand as it’s being instructed to appreciate that much more what we wish to learn, and the essence of the places we visit.
    I would say the age of 7 or even 9 should be fine to be considered a black belt in Aikido if you've started since you could walk. Most common for kids today at public dojo’s whom start in the Art are any where from the ages of 5-7 then I would say 12-17 would be about that time to focus on receiving a Yudansha. For teen’s starting around the age of 12-14, by their 20's they should be more then ready. I've always said it takes 10years for Yudansha, a minimum of 7. Though, many schools promote such in 3years or so but then we‘ll be going back to the business, and need of money mentality, such things sadden me. Times today are not like before, I put much Love, and value in all I know and teach, with that in mind one must earn a Yudansha in my eyes throughout time and effort not just cash alone. Degrees should be held with honor and respect, not only to your school, Master, and yourself , but also all whom surround you in a skillful environment, and life in general.

5. Please read the article Hugo posted (or at least the 2nd paragraph). Do you agree with what is written? Now, I'm no aikidoka, but if you do, wouldn't it seem odd for someone like you who has jumped from school to school to use a term that indicates loyalty to one group?
    My loyalty is to the Founder Himself, the Uyeshiba Family, the Art of Budo & Aikido though they are one and the same, not just the local teacher’s of any school or their Dojos. Lets not forget I hold high respects for the Emperor himself, and the Imperial Family, though not in power they are none the less a very important part of old tradition. I've trained as hard as I have so that others don’t have to put their bodies threw the same stress, and pain that I’ve endured, so that the students themselves can enjoy learning to the fullest in a very safe environment, yet not forgetting the seriousness of it all. How can I be loyal just to any here and there Federation, the politics in Aikido are horrible, and there is barely even any unity amongst themselves, my current dream is to change all that. It bothers me to see the Aikikai put to a side those of Iwama, and how those of Yoshinkan disagree with the Ki Society, especially how they all forget to even mention Daito Ryu. I rather ignore all that BS and have a roof for all my students to enjoy. I’ve been blessed to be able to be a part of all these federations, and wish the same to all my students. With my help maybe all the invisible boundaries that’s been created through out the years can some day vanish completely. They are all Chapters of one great Book created for a Greater cause, fighting and arguing amongst each other must stop for our Art’s to succeed as O’Sensei wished for. If he were alive today I wonder how many people would put their head down knowing that they faded away from the true path, and how many others would actually bring a smile to his face.
    I got to read some of the article as you asked for, later on I’ll continue reading the rest. I find what’s written to be very interesting, and do agree the name Soke has been used incorrectly by most, even in Japan. Like I said before a Soke is a leader, or to be best understood in a deeper meaning head master of a Lineage, and Family Tradition, one whom carries the secrets passed down to them from father to son and so fourth, though some might call it a burden, to me it has been a blessing to have learned so much from such a rare culture, and maintain things as pure as I can since day one. As for Founder well I only know of one by the name of Morihei Uyeshiba, and yes there’s a “Y” in the name, for some reason I find the States to be the only place which spells the family name different, it may be due to the way it sounds when pronounced in all Uyeshiba, is the proper way that I’ve been taught.

Thank you once again for picking at my brain, it’s good to remember old times and share my thoughts with you. Now a days I barely have time to reminisce about the past, and am always busy here and there. The people whom surround me at times too seem to forget that I didn’t create this Art, I’m simply continuing on a Family Tradition, and Legacy that I’ve inherited, and hold so dear in my Heart. If there’s anything I missed please bring it to my attention, bless you for your time.

Luis F. Alba
    AikiBujutsu AikiBudo
    Aiki-Budo.webs.com

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 7:18am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While there seems to be very little added despite the lengthy text. I would like to thank you for what you have elaborated on or attempted to answer. As well as thank you for your slightly less passive aggressive and condescending attitudes this time around.

So ... thank you Mister Alba, you are a character. I hope we can get all this sorted and figured out. Maybe even, as you mentioned, get in touch with Teachers and Instructors from your past.

Have you looked into the Throwdowns in your area? You should know that the best way to describe and explain Martial Arts is through hands on, ego free, friendly, exchanges of those concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokeshi View Post
    CodosDePiedra.
    Thanks for being a part of this thread. Can you address some questions?
    Thank you as well, for taking out the time to listen to me, and read what I have to share. So yes please ask away, maybe with your help, and research on me, I can once again get in touch with old friends whom I’ve held dear in my heart through out the years. If you go to my website under Links, you’ll see a list of Dojo’s, some which I've attended, others whom Masters I've trained with, and ones that I recommend if your in the area.
    http://aiki-budo.webs.com/apps/links/

1.On your bio, you wrote:
    "Shiba Sensei Requested that I traine under a good friend of his, whom lived in the building that my family and I had just moved to at the time. My Teachings with Shiba Sensei were now at least three times a week. Training was always after school and on weekends but only after all my studies were done, which they made sure of. Zusuki Sensei's home was more like a Shrine. Most of our day was spent in zeiza reading O'Sensei's book, that was written in Nipponese, and was read from back to front. We would write Kanji after a normal four hour class, I soon became fluent in Japanese. Training seven days a week, I began a deeper understanding of true Essence of our Art"
    So, you are fluent in Japanese? There were some issues with your Japanese by regular posters who speak Japanese, for example over your use of aikikatana and soke.
    Yes there was a time that I was fluent in actually a couple of languages Japanese being amongst the top three, I also spoke Korean, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and English, but after 10years of being in Florida, it seems I've lost touch with it all. Now I only speak Japanese when I teach calling techniques and movements by their proper names, Korean we'll it's long been forgotten. In Florida English and Spanish are most common, and rarely do I get to meet, and share time with people of different cultures like I did before when I was back home in N.Y.
    The translations from Japanese to English can be a bit tricky at times. For me to call myself Dojo Cho might seem a bit more reasonable to some, but I think such a title should come from Hombu Dojo, only then will I use such a title. Since Master has been the most common name when referring to me, seeing that my elders have passed, being the last in my own personal family as well to continue the legacy my great grand father had started for us, and opening a school, the name Soke seemed more reasonable. However, I don’t asked to be called such by my students or any one at all, it’s merely a title as the leader of my school, as one whom is passing on a Family Tradition, and Legacy provided by the Founder himself, to all whom seek to learn with sincerity the true essence of our Art. Hearing Luis, instead of Sensei or Master every now and again does feel great as well, sometimes people seem to forget I too have a first name.
    Kendo, Kenjutsu, and Iaido are the most common traditional names of training in the Japanese Sword, however the Aiki Katana to me is a poesy in motion, beginning with the basics of Shomen, Yokomen, and Tsuki, continuing on to the free flowing movements of Takemusu Aiki, in a way to reach a form of enlightment called Satori through the graceful movements of the Sword, in the hopes of becoming Aiki No O Kami a perfect human being. We all have our flaws, however this does not mean we can’t strive for perfection. Like O’Sensei said the Aikikatana gives us the power to cut through and destroy all evil, bringing peace to this World.
    Before people begin to ask where did you get that from?. It’s simple a couple of years back I was gifted the book of Budo written in Spanish where O’Sensei takes a picture with his sword by his side, underneath that picture what I wrote is written. It’s page 28 on my book right before part II, and the Teachings of Life. I’ve provided a link below for any one whom wishes to purchase this book in the English version. I’ve found what's written to be very enlightening, especially the poems. Keep in mind though Techniques can’t be learned by just reading a book, and doing what’s on a picture, real sweat, time, effort, and blood must be shed to fully understand the meaning of many things especially when it comes to Martial Arts, or any Art in general. Search out a Dojo near you where others can help you understand things a bit more clearly so that you yourself don’t get hurt doing something silly, a place where people can help your technique achieve greatness.
    Amazon.com: Budo Teachings of the Founder of Aikido Ueshiba (Best Karate) (9784770020703): Morihei Ueshiba: Books

2. What did your teacher mean when they asked you to leave the combat world? Also, you claim to be undefeated. Were you ever in a position to be defeated? I mean, I'm undefeated at tiger wrestling, but I don't ever mention it.
    Aikido is not a competition Martial Art, though there are schools that do so. When I was asked to stop competing it was basically a choice, either keep fighting and become famous, or accept being a Part of the Aikido World how I had always wished for. You see to me Budo is a Spiritual Practice, a Spiritual Path, not just a Martial Art as it's promoted today. Back in N.Y. and in Colombia I had many, many street fights, in those times it was common to find trouble when not looking for it, every where there were thieves robbing even the old, and crews that would prey on the weak at times cutting them up leaving a scar for life. I don’t tolerate such things, and would put what I knew into practice by confronting real life situations, while others just sat back and fell victim I decided to start making a change seeing that my very own mother would have to walk those same streets when coming home from work, my younger sisters as well would one day have to do the same, a change had to be made. So yes I have put myself, and have also found myself in situations where coming home might not have been an option. Justice should never be taken by ones own hand but at times things need to be done for a better future not only for yourself but most importantly others as well. Seeing that I could barely be touched by the older individuals on the street whether I fought one or many, I decided to put my skills up against fighters of public schools as well, the result was no different. When I met Yamada, word came to me that he had heard of what I was doing, so he asked of me something simple, either wear that black hakama and represent our Art to the fullest, or keep doing what I was. I decided to humble myself and leave the fighting world behind both in the streets and in the ring, focusing more in my study of Budo. Forgive my dumbness about the things I know nothing of, but by the way what is Tiger Wrestling?. I’ve never heard of it, maybe someday you can teach me, one should never be to old or stubborn to learn new things.

3. Can you explain how you are "“well trained in the arts of shoalin kung fu. Tai chi, hapkido, muay thai and jujutsu”? I'm also in my 20s and have been training for years, but I'd say that I'm well versed in kung fu, well read in the others.
    I like how you put that “Well versed in Kung Fu, well read in others“. Honestly it doesn’t matter if you train an Art from Japan, Korea, Thailand, or China, it’s the individual self which will always shine through. I am not Japanese so I can never be Samurai however this does not mean you can't become a great Warrior. All arts are similar in basics, just a few inches separates them all. I would say Focus more on your Chi then the movement itself, and you'll see how naturally all your movements will flow especially after 20years of training. Forget all material things that surround you, the problems of the day, and the can not’s that one creates in the mind. If there’s anything I’ve learned it’s that you will succeed in all if you move forward from the heart. Though I’ve been training for as long as I can remember, it wasn’t until the age of 19 that I realized skill and strength isn’t everything at all, we must look deeper within ourselves and focus our Ki or Chi in all we do. Now at 29, I've dedicated every single day of my life to the Arts, at times putting to a side the need of family, food, sleep, and many material things. Never did I want recognition for anything I've done seeing that it’s been more of a personal journey for me, but none the less here we are.
    Since a kid I would go to Kissena Park, in Queens N.Y. where an old Chinese man would teach Tai Chi, no grades, no school, just a gather of Martial Artist at a park looking for something more. As well I had many friends from China, whom trained as a family lineage in the Arts you mentioned, and some whom were not Chinese in love with the Arts of Kung Fu. It wasn’t until meeting masters of schools in Colombia, and here in Florida, that my achievements in those arts were recognized. Hapkido I haven’t mastered nor hold any type of grade in. I’ve had fun training it though at a Dojo in Medellin Colombia, and in Palm Bay Florida. It’s a mixture of Aikido and Competition Tae Kwon Do, if your into competition Arts, then it will be simple to adjust to their movements having prior experience both in Aikido, and Tae Kwon Do. Though if you are training Aikido, and have been for a while, do ask your Sensei permission before entering the ring. It’s not only a show of respect to your Teacher, but the Dojo itself.

4. Isn't there some kind of a lower age limit to receiving a shodan in aikido? If so, how did you get your shodan at such a young age?
    One day I asked my Master, when will I get a black belt? To my surprise he said “I thought I’ve been training a black belt since I met you”. Taking off his belt he asked me to pass him mine, I was in street clothes, and had a long brown belt around my waist. He put my belt on, and with such pride then put his belt on me and said, “Here now you are a black belt, such thoughts should not matter at all if your focus is truly in the Arts“.
    Always keeping that in mind, I’ve learned through out the years to focus more on the individual teacher themselves, then what ever degree they hold. Now a days Martial Arts are ran as a business, and with this business mentality comes the need for cash. Many individuals today that hold certain ranks are given to them simply because they were able to afford them, and barely pass a test. I've seen White belts in Tae Kwon Do out kick 3rd and 4rth dan’s, it’s the true and sincere dedication to the Arts which matters most. So I understand how administrator had to remove his Hakama when meeting Yamada Sensei. Though I've always worn a White Hakama in my younger years, I knew it was not as common in the Aikikai circles, so I merely folded it up, and put it to a side when ever I visited the Aikikai. It wasn’t until meeting Yamada Sensei that I began to wear a black hakama at his request. Always keep in mind though, that when entering any dojo even if it’s of the same Art we must put our minds in blank forgetting everything we know. Focusing completely on the task at hand as it’s being instructed to appreciate that much more what we wish to learn, and the essence of the places we visit.
    I would say the age of 7 or even 9 should be fine to be considered a black belt in Aikido if you've started since you could walk. Most common for kids today at public dojo’s whom start in the Art are any where from the ages of 5-7 then I would say 12-17 would be about that time to focus on receiving a Yudansha. For teen’s starting around the age of 12-14, by their 20's they should be more then ready. I've always said it takes 10years for Yudansha, a minimum of 7. Though, many schools promote such in 3years or so but then we‘ll be going back to the business, and need of money mentality, such things sadden me. Times today are not like before, I put much Love, and value in all I know and teach, with that in mind one must earn a Yudansha in my eyes throughout time and effort not just cash alone. Degrees should be held with honor and respect, not only to your school, Master, and yourself , but also all whom surround you in a skillful environment, and life in general.

5. Please read the article Hugo posted (or at least the 2nd paragraph). Do you agree with what is written? Now, I'm no aikidoka, but if you do, wouldn't it seem odd for someone like you who has jumped from school to school to use a term that indicates loyalty to one group?
    My loyalty is to the Founder Himself, the Uyeshiba Family, the Art of Budo & Aikido though they are one and the same, not just the local teacher’s of any school or their Dojos. Lets not forget I hold high respects for the Emperor himself, and the Imperial Family, though not in power they are none the less a very important part of old tradition. I've trained as hard as I have so that others don’t have to put their bodies threw the same stress, and pain that I’ve endured, so that the students themselves can enjoy learning to the fullest in a very safe environment, yet not forgetting the seriousness of it all. How can I be loyal just to any here and there Federation, the politics in Aikido are horrible, and there is barely even any unity amongst themselves, my current dream is to change all that. It bothers me to see the Aikikai put to a side those of Iwama, and how those of Yoshinkan disagree with the Ki Society, especially how they all forget to even mention Daito Ryu. I rather ignore all that BS and have a roof for all my students to enjoy. I’ve been blessed to be able to be a part of all these federations, and wish the same to all my students. With my help maybe all the invisible boundaries that’s been created through out the years can some day vanish completely. They are all Chapters of one great Book created for a Greater cause, fighting and arguing amongst each other must stop for our Art’s to succeed as O’Sensei wished for. If he were alive today I wonder how many people would put their head down knowing that they faded away from the true path, and how many others would actually bring a smile to his face.
    I got to read some of the article as you asked for, later on I’ll continue reading the rest. I find what’s written to be very interesting, and do agree the name Soke has been used incorrectly by most, even in Japan. Like I said before a Soke is a leader, or to be best understood in a deeper meaning head master of a Lineage, and Family Tradition, one whom carries the secrets passed down to them from father to son and so fourth, though some might call it a burden, to me it has been a blessing to have learned so much from such a rare culture, and maintain things as pure as I can since day one. As for Founder well I only know of one by the name of Morihei Uyeshiba, and yes there’s a “Y” in the name, for some reason I find the States to be the only place which spells the family name different, it may be due to the way it sounds when pronounced in all Uyeshiba, is the proper way that I’ve been taught.

Thank you once again for picking at my brain, it’s good to remember old times and share my thoughts with you. Now a days I barely have time to reminisce about the past, and am always busy here and there. The people whom surround me at times too seem to forget that I didn’t create this Art, I’m simply continuing on a Family Tradition, and Legacy that I’ve inherited, and hold so dear in my Heart. If there’s anything I missed please bring it to my attention, bless you for your time.

Luis F. Alba
    AikiBujutsu AikiBudo
    Aiki-Budo.webs.com

Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 9/27/2010 7:20am at . Reason: added quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 7:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simio De Las Rocas
    I see your a new player in this webpage or link as you call it, I'm not a computer person so don't mind if I know not it's proper name. Like I just finish writing ask all you want and I’ll reply. However, do keep in mind that I am a very busy person, so every now and then I'll check this to put your mind at ease. I'm not one of those people whom sits by a screen all day, and to be honest I’m horrible with computers, and electronics in general. One thing you are right about is that if you try to bash me I'll laugh at your attempt. I find that even when people are talking bad about you atleast their talking which is still a very good thing, atleast your in their mind in some way or another, worth of attention, and importance to occupy their time, and life in how ever it may be. Even though we've never met and I’ve only been to limited regions, it's good to know you know my name, that whether it's just one person or a thousand that read this know my name. What ever you might think of me is all good by me, you have your right to doubt, but when actually meeting me, and spending time by my side it's when you will have any right to speak or write about me what so ever. Until now you only have assumptions, so come correct like a man should, how Codos has, then the proper answers to your questions will be given. People love to hate the things they know nothing of, and love to beg when they notice their wrong. So I hope you put careful thought into all that you write. I see your a soldier, probably good at following orders, and especially others, however I want you to think like a Warrior when approaching the subject of myself, and learn how to think and act on your own. I hope the military life is treating you well, these last couple of years have not been easy for many soldiers.

Luis F. Alba
    Aikibujutsu AikiBudo
    Aiki-Budo.webs.com
    Last edited by Sokeshi; 9/27/2010 7:55am at .
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast