Posted On:
    9/14/2010 3:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a photo of me in my own dojo studying Muso Shinden Ryu

Here's a photo of me studying Kendo, again in my own dojo

And likewise for aikido - you guessed it, in my own dojo

Perhaps you might like to translate the Japanese seen on the shomen, I'm sure you'll identify it doesn't say aikido, now, I know what it means but the important question, given that you claim to be "fluent" in "nipponese" [your words not mine] can you tell me what those characters mean ?

Ok, so I've indulged you enough, this discussion isn't about me, its about you and the grandiose claims you've made in public.

It's time to put to rest the questions we've put to you.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 9:40am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A truly humble master of the arts

"If there is any one in this World today whom still carries O'Sensei's essence alive unlike any other, it would be me, and have been recognized as such by our most influencial Masters and leader of our Art today"

Making a short film, hopefully featuring Aikido (DC, No. VA area) - AikiWeb Aikido Forums

Wow.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 10:20am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    "If there is any one in this World today whom still carries O'Sensei's essence alive unlike any other, it would be me, and have been recognized as such by our most influencial Masters and leader of our Art today"

Making a short film, hopefully featuring Aikido (DC, No. VA area) - AikiWeb Aikido Forums

Wow.
    This part interested me:
    Quote Originally Posted by luis alba
    It takes a life time to master such Art and it takes an avarege on no less then 10years to be considered of Yudansha level.
    So Luis, how did you get your yudansha at 9 if it takes no less than ten years?

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 12:07pm

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokeshi View Post
    Administrator if you know so much about the arts you would know that after third dan it is really not required to keep testing, I've always been told that after such a degree it's the effort we put into our art that counts most. So do this, I got my Yudansha at about the age of 9, count one year for Nidan, two for Sandan, three for 4th Dan and so fourth I’m 29 now, with out seeing a day that I don’t train, nor do anything productive for the Arts.

No one other then my first masters can claim to be the teachers of my techniques, they've all passed away including my very own grand father. I only accepted Andrade’s after knowing him for over 5years, all other degrees I left at the public schools that merely helped polish what I already knew. They all asked me to teach because the sensei's themselves felt like they had nothing to teach me, or would not be able to teach on certain days, so the mat was offered for me to teach. You see real recognize real, that's why Yamada asked me to wear my Hakama, and asked you to take your's off. If you feel threatened don’t do so, it's merely an invitation for you to come share a good conversation, and have the opportunity to travel with me to dojo's I've taught here in Florida. I’m very much interested in hearing about your background as well not every person gets to travel to Japan like you have, train with Doshu, yet be asked to remove your Hakama by Yamada, so this in a way bothers me cause if you've put so much effort into the arts then why be asked to do so by a person sent by O'Sensei himself to teach the States. You see there’s many things I want to know of you as well, but there is a correct way to approach a conversation, and then there's your way. If attacked believe I will respond accordingly.

Luis F. Alba
    AikiBujutsu AikiBudo
    Aiki-Budo.webs.com
    I am smelling Bullshido right from the word go. Now, I am NOT versed in the belt structure of Aikido, I leave that to David, but know the structure of most of the Japanese arts, there is NO way that you received a dan rank in Aikido at the age of 9. And the only way you can be a 7th Dan (Chil dan (칠단)) in TKD by the age of 29 is if you were born and raised in Korea and got airplane rank. I think your entire list is a load of crap.:bssign:

What organisation do you have your Chil Dan with in TKD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Airplane rank"?

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 1:24pm

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    "Airplane rank"?

Most of the TKD GMs left Korea with Cho Dans and Ee Dans (1st and 2nd) and landed state side as Yuk Dans (6th Dan) and higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 1:26pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battheo View Post
    At the risk of asking a stupid question...

Sokeshi, I notice that you stated in an earlier post that, while you have been taught by various masters (and maintain relationships with at least 2), all of your grades come from the IMAF (International Martial Arts Federation).

Well, I googled a few things...

Could I ask you to clarify; is this the same federation that mr S Sato brought to Europe in 1983? Or a different one? Did you perhaps mean the IMAF (Independent Martial Arts Federation)?

Thanks in advance for a speedy answer.

Battheo.
    For reference:

This is IMAF. http://www.imaf.com/ It's an umbrella organization that grants rank in a number of disciplines outside of the main structure of those arts. It's a successor of the Dai Nippon Budoku Kai (DNBK).

A description by Ellis Amdur of IMAF and its history (last post).

Kokusai Budoin ? - AikiWeb Aikido Forums

A related thread cross posting Amdur's description: http://www.aikidojournal.com/forums/...pic.php?t=6438

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 1:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    I am smelling Bullshido right from the word go. Now, I am NOT versed in the belt structure of Aikido, I leave that to David, but know the structure of most of the Japanese arts, there is NO way that you received a dan rank in Aikido at the age of 9.
    From legitimate organisations that would be true.

But that's not the case with Mr. Alba who claims to have been graded to shodan at the age of nine yet he only received a nidan sanctioned by the IMAF in 2005.

Odd that we have a picture of Alba studying Aikido as an ADULT in 1999 wearing a whitebelt... and minus his beloved hakama, isn't it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sokeshiwhitebelt.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	11330  

Last edited by Rock Ape; 9/15/2010 1:54pm at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 3:48pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    For reference:

This is IMAF. http://www.imaf.com/ It's an umbrella organization that grants rank in a number of disciplines outside of the main structure of those arts. It's a successor of the Dai Nippon Budoku Kai (DNBK).

A description by Ellis Amdur of IMAF and its history (last post).

Kokusai Budoin ? - AikiWeb Aikido Forums

A related thread cross posting Amdur's description: http://www.aikidojournal.com/forums/...pic.php?t=6438

Here's another can of worms -- that last thread listed above talks about how the very teacher (supposedly now seventh dan) that issued Sokeshi his Nidan cert had inflated his own Aikido rank -- it talks about how he failed a Nidan test in 1996 and showed up a few months later, in the same community, as a Rokudan.

Looks like Skoeshi learned his rank inflating techniques at Jose Andarate's knee!

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 4:15pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Missing posts moved here: Luis F. Alba, Hanshi? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Given that there is a pre-existing YMAS thread concerning Mr. Alba, this thread will be tightly moderated for on topic content.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast