Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 12:31pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokeshi View Post
    Codos, give me a bit of time to see if I can find you that Dojo, and yes it is in Melbourne, FL. I'll be answering all your questions as well, and will read the link as you asked for.

Luis F. Alba
    AikiBujutsu AikiBudo
    Aiki-Budo.webs.com

You will have to "find" the dojo that you trained at and attained a 7th Dan from? I find that to be a little disturbing that you will have to locate a school where you claimed to have attained such a high rank.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 12:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .. Which branch of the four mainline Daito Ryu-ha did you study ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 1:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Administrator if you know so much about the arts you would know that after third dan it is really not required to keep testing, I've always been told that after such a degree it's the effort we put into our art that counts most. So do this, I got my Yudansha at about the age of 9, count one year for Nidan, two for Sandan, three for 4th Dan and so fourth I’m 29 now, with out seeing a day that I don’t train, nor do anything productive for the Arts.

No one other then my first masters can claim to be the teachers of my techniques, they've all passed away including my very own grand father. I only accepted Andrade’s after knowing him for over 5years, all other degrees I left at the public schools that merely helped polish what I already knew. They all asked me to teach because the sensei's themselves felt like they had nothing to teach me, or would not be able to teach on certain days, so the mat was offered for me to teach. You see real recognize real, that's why Yamada asked me to wear my Hakama, and asked you to take your's off. If you feel threatened don’t do so, it's merely an invitation for you to come share a good conversation, and have the opportunity to travel with me to dojo's I've taught here in Florida. I’m very much interested in hearing about your background as well not every person gets to travel to Japan like you have, train with Doshu, yet be asked to remove your Hakama by Yamada, so this in a way bothers me cause if you've put so much effort into the arts then why be asked to do so by a person sent by O'Sensei himself to teach the States. You see there’s many things I want to know of you as well, but there is a correct way to approach a conversation, and then there's your way. If attacked believe I will respond accordingly.

Luis F. Alba
    AikiBujutsu AikiBudo
    Aiki-Budo.webs.com
    Last edited by Sokeshi; 9/14/2010 1:32pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 1:33pm

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the risk of asking a stupid question...

Sokeshi, I notice that you stated in an earlier post that, while you have been taught by various masters (and maintain relationships with at least 2), all of your grades come from the IMAF (International Martial Arts Federation).

Well, I googled a few things...

Could I ask you to clarify; is this the same federation that mr S Sato brought to Europe in 1983? Or a different one? Did you perhaps mean the IMAF (Independent Martial Arts Federation)?

Thanks in advance for a speedy answer.

Battheo.

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 1:48pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Luis, you aren't being attacked, you are being asked your lineage to explain your claims, most people would be proud to do so.

Also, since you are fluent in both verbal and written Japanese, why do you write Osensei incorrectly? Perhaps you could tell us about the kanji that make up 'Osensei' to explain it's meaning?

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 1:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battheo View Post
    Could I ask you to clarify; is this the same federation that mr S Sato brought to Europe in 1983?
    It is.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 1:56pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Administrator if you know so much about the arts you would know that after third dan it is really not required to keep testing, I've always been told that after such a degree it's the effort we put into our art that counts most. So do this, I got my Yudansha at about the age of 9, count one year for Nidan, two for Sandan, three for 4th Dan and so fourth I’m 29 now, with out seeing a day that I don’t train, nor do anything productive for the Arts.

No one other then my first masters can claim to be the teachers of my techniques, they've all passed away including my very own grand father. I only accepted Andrade’s after knowing him for over 5years, all other degrees I left at the public schools that merely helped polish what I already knew. They all asked me to teach because the sensei's themselves felt like they had nothing to teach me, or would not be able to teach on certain days, so the mat was offered for me to teach. You see real recognize real, that's why Yamada asked me to wear my Hakama, and asked you to take your's off. If you feel threatened don’t do so, it's merely an invitation for you to come share a good conversation, and have the opportunity to travel with me to dojo's I've taught here in Florida. I’m very much interested in hearing about your background as well not every person gets to travel to Japan like you have, train with Doshu, yet be asked to remove your Hakama by Yamada, so this in a way bothers me cause if you've put so much effort into the arts then why be asked to do so by a person sent by O'Sensei himself to teach the States. You see there’s many things I want to know of you as well, but there is a correct way to approach a conversation, and then there's your way. If attacked believe I will respond accordingly.

Luis F. Alba
    AikiBujutsu AikiBudo
    Aiki-Budo.webs.com
    Quoted before more changes occur.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 2:20pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to live in Brevard.

Which dojo do you teach at Sokeshi?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got my Yudansha at about the age of 9, count one year for Nidan, two for Sandan, three for 4th Dan and so fourth I’m 29 now, with out seeing a day that I don’t train, nor do anything productive for the Arts.
    Again, isn't there a lower age limit for a black belt in aikido?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 2:27pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Administrator if you know so much about the arts you would know that after third dan it is really not required to keep testing,
    You want to know more about my background.. ok.. how about we start with something you seem reluctant to divulge

With regards to hakama and training at the NYA, I wasn't a yudansha at the time so it was only the right thing to do, I place no emphasis on wearing it or not, it matters very little to me as a person. I get the strong impression you on the other hand, place a great deal of emphasis on it's supposed status.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 9/14/2010 2:54pm at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast