Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 10:06am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see a Mikey Desimone in the Chicago area who is involved in boxing, but I can't tell if he is a fighter or just a promoter.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...ights-chicago/

He is mentioned at the bottom of the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 10:08am

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good find DarkPhoenix! Still searching but can't find any record.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 10:19am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFighter View Post
    Good find DarkPhoenix! Still searching but can't find any record.

I looked on BoxRec with all possible spellings of his name, but came up just as you did, empty handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 3:56pm

Style: Yagyu Shinkage Ryu Heiho

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFighter View Post
    That's what I thought, but he says he has experience in Japanese Jujitsu, BJJ, Sambo, Judo, and JKD.
    I highly doubt he has any "Japanese Jujitsu" experience. Koryu "Jujutsu" is very rare outside of Japan. There is some Takenouchi-ryu jujutsu in Hawaii, which Wayne Muromoto teaches, Hontai Yoshin Ryu in California and Kentucky, and some Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu at various spots around the country. There may be a few others.

As a side note, the term "Jujitsu" is incorrect, and it makes me highly suspicious whenever anyone spells it like that. The only correct usage of -jitsu is with respect to BJJ. You will not find any traditional school that spells jujutsu with an i. In fact, there is no "i" sound in Japanese like in the word "in", the letter "I" is pronounced with a long e sound, so the word Jujitsu would actually be pronounced jujEEtsu. Jujutsu is spelled with the same kanji as is used in kenjutsu, sojutsu, ninjutsu, battojutsu, kasarigamajutsu, etc.

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 8:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My two cents:

the guy is very good from the vids at least it would appear. People forget that there are traditional Ju set ups that are a little different. And there is nothing suspect about saying you study Japanese jU (or Jiu) Jutsu (or jitsu) to distinguish yourself from other approaches. The Booj, Aiki stuff, Hakko Ryu among others can be considered such.

I do some similar things in my class, some of his submissions are less committed and less locked up, I notice that with some of his chokes and I do some similar stuff. The reason for this is that submissions in traditional Ju Jutsu are... well they are usually from my experience standing, and they usually are designed to go into either a weapons pull, or a breaking technique... so they are not an end to themselves.

What that means is that someone can work with them and get different setups and sequences.... the best way to test em is to do em and ask the other guy to fight as though you are raping his family... you will find out quick if it works or not ha ha.

I like this guy from a cursory glance at his vids I see where he cheats on his leverage for his chokes something I like to do hahaha.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12