226267 Bullies, 4254 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 56
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. taijutsurampage is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    brighton
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 12:00pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ninpo taijutsu & jujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    bad ninpo training

    i've been training with the genbukan for nearly 4 years and i love it. But i do have to agree with some of the guys who bad mouth it that most practitionars do not train properly. Once i have hot used to the technique i start using it with lots of force and with increasing resistance, with willing participants of course!. And on saturdays me and a few training partners really go for it. All the vids i have ever seen are just slow choreographed nonsense. I'm not being biast as most of the guys at my dojo do the same and have no idea how to really fight. Are their other out their in the same boat?
  2. jspeedy is offline
    jspeedy's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,643

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 1:09pm


     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by taijutsurampage View Post
    i've been training with the genbukan for nearly 4 years and i love it. But i do have to agree with some of the guys who bad mouth it that most practitionars do not train properly. Once i have hot used to the technique i start using it with lots of force and with increasing resistance, with willing participants of course!. And on saturdays me and a few training partners really go for it. All the vids i have ever seen are just slow choreographed nonsense. I'm not being biast as most of the guys at my dojo do the same and have no idea how to really fight. Are their other out their in the same boat?
    Chances are if you're the best at your dojo and "most other guys" don't know how to fight your dojo dosen't do an adequate job of teaching fighting skill. Chances are also that you're not as good as you think. I've been in that situation before where I didn't feel extremely challenged when sparring other fighters. Even though I was able to do well I still realized I was no where as good as I could have been. Now that I've switched schools I feel a lot more challenged.

    Any chance you could post a quick cheap cell phone video of your weekend training?
  3. taijutsurampage is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    brighton
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 1:26pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ninpo taijutsu & jujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't get me wrong their are alot of guys who are better than i am. And there are alot of good fighters at my dojo and in the genbukan in general. But like i said their are alot of people at my school, one others i've met and seen who really haven't got it in them. Luckily my sensai is incredible and very respected. Just something thats started to bug me as i've progressed through the ranks. Where abouts are you based? I'll try and get some vids up soon, only signed up today!today!today!today!
  4. Plasma is online now
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,084

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 3:18pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to a BJJ/Judo/Sambo school and see how you hold up with someone of equivalent rank or post video of you Genbukan Parnters going at it.

    Which Genbukan school are you in?
  5. taijutsurampage is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    brighton
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 4:25pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ninpo taijutsu & jujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shinjin dojo. Uk. I dont think i would stand much of a chance against a bjj, as our jujutsu is very different, effective if trained properly, but different. I'll try and get a vid up
  6. lionknight is offline
    lionknight's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    1,177

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 4:41pm


     Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by taijutsurampage View Post
    shinjin dojo. Uk. I dont think i would stand much of a chance against a bjj, as our jujutsu is very different, effective if trained properly, but different. I'll try and get a vid up
    ^^^ Tell me, do you see a problem with that statement?

    Think about it.
  7. mike321 is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,482

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 4:44pm


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP,

    When I grapple against a bjj practitioner who is better at grappling I lose, when I grapple against a bjj practitioner and I am better I win. I can hold my own while standing and competing for the takedown, but usually get submitted quickly afterwards by any one who has a belt.

    See! That was simple. Please don't complicate the issues. Please search the history of the site, and you will see many ninja practitioners complicate the discussion a lot.

    Please note: I made a description of my abilities without any proof. They are very modest claims. If I make any exceptional claims about my own ability or the ability of the styles I train I WILL be called out and only VALID evidence will help my case. That is the nature of this forum.
  8. Plasma is online now
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,084

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 4:45pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am very familiar with Tanemura's Kokusai Jujutsu Renmei. My Black Belt in JJJ is the same Ryu-ha as that org (Takagi Yoshin-ryu & Asayama Ichiden-ryu) . I know it is effective if properly trained. The question is are YOU properly training it. I use a lot of the standing Ayasama Ichiden-ryu Techniques during Judo grip fighting and one of our black belts comes with me to BJJ and is able to apply the Takagi Yoshin-ryu Pins and locks into his ground work surprising well (Ask Stick and Hedgehogey if you don't believe me). But that isn't you. If you can't handle yourself against BJJers or Judoka or Sambo Players, you aren't studying it in an effective matter. That fact other people can use it effectively doesn't mean ****.
  9. mike321 is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,482

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 5:00pm


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    That fact other people can use it effectively doesn't mean ****.
    Plasma, I would respectfully disagree on this point, especially considering we have had plenty of posters involved with arts that have failed to establish their art works for ANYONE. Also, the OP has had concern about his training, so functionality of the overall art is important. Your feedback moves the question to the quality of the school he is at.
  10. Plasma is online now
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,084

    Posted On:
    9/13/2010 5:40pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Plasma, I would respectfully disagree on this point, especially considering we have had plenty of posters involved with arts that have failed to establish their art works for ANYONE. Also, the OP has had concern about his training, so functionality of the overall art is important. Your feedback moves the question to the quality of the school he is at.
    What you are missing is I have run into the argument "Takamatsu did full contact fighting to prove it works, so we don't have to." Or "<Insert high ranking guy with a Judo background here> can make it work so I know it is effective. " All of that is bullshit. You can't ride other people's coat tails to success.

    I told him to find other people of SIMILAR rank. If he is a Ninpo/JJJ Green and gets demolished by a Judo Green or a BJJ 2-3 stripe white belt. Something is wrong with his training.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.