218295 Bullies, 9343 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 3:13am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'll make an analogy.

let's say i meet usain bolt at the pub, and he's very drunk.

i tell him that i could beat him in a race. i say that he might know how to race on the track, but that **** doesn't work in the street. on the street, i'm faster.

as he starts telling me i'm a moron, i suddenly dash off to the traffic lights at the corner of the block. usain stands there bewlidered. i dance about screaming "i just beat you to the traffic lights! i'm faster than usain bolt! i'm the fastest man in the world!"

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quit making excuses. That pitty-patty boxing **** might look good in the ring, but once someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger wraps his steely arms around you, you'll be fucked. You might feel badass dancing around with a couple of pillows strapped to your hands, but you're living in a fantasy world if you don't think someone with an Adonisian build couldn't just walk into your gym and clean your clock.

Just look at the animal kingdom. The biggest bear gets first picks, and it's the same with humans. Bears also have enormous amounts of muscle to shield their bodies from harm. You might be able to do some damage punching other scrawny bastards in your boxing class, but good luck trying to put a dent into someone with rock-solid abs and a bull neck. After he laughs at your pitiful ass, you'll get to see what REAL power feels like once he plants his bare fist into your dumbfounded face. Remember: Because his arms are already huge, he doesn't need to use "proper" punching technique to hurt you. He also has the luxury of being able to flick his punches out there as fast as possible because he's only using his arms.

In short, if you want to be able to fight for real, don't waste time with boxing or any of that martial arts bullocks. There's a time tested method of fighting that won't cost you $200 a month in tuition fees. It's called being huge, and it's been endorsed by nature since the time of the dinosaurs. Perhaps it's time for all you guys to get up to date.

Featherweight

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 4:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to spar this really big guy in Poekoelan and and being much bigger did no halp bicause when he would try to grab me I cound easily slip out and get him down by getting him in a necklock and pull him down, He was big but not very mobile, big may work toe to toe but it has disadavantages esp if your so musclebound that you can barely move.

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 5:18pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEANSHIGH View Post
    I used to spar this really big guy in Poekoelan and and being much bigger did no halp bicause when he would try to grab me I cound easily slip out and get him down by getting him in a necklock and pull him down, He was big but not very mobile, big may work toe to toe but it has disadavantages esp if your so musclebound that you can barely move.
    It's obvious that you and a lot of other people are unconfident about your training after hearing about how a world champion boxer got his **** wrecked by an untrained bodybuilder. That's why you all are responding seriously to sarcastic remarks. You're clearly trying to convince yourselves more than anbody else that martial arts skill can overcome a size advantage.

In truth, there are a lot of nerds out there with stories about how they defeated the big bully. Unlike them, however, I have empirical evidence to back up my point:

YouTube - Ernesto Hoost vs Bob Sapp (2002) one of the BEST FIGHT

Featherweight

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 7:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not true, I could care less, anyone can be hit especially suckerpunched and as for using the animal kingdom as evidence well there are lots of cases where smaller amimals have defended themselves against a bigger annimal, I watched a video where a wolvering chased a grizzly off a dead animal, but I think we are getting off track, I stated in my post a true situation but I think winning has more to do with the fight in the individual.
    and I still would put my money on a well trained boxer over an untrained but musclebound big guy

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 7:37pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was watching the ARL Final series on the weekend and during a tackle a guy was, shall we say, "mishandled". The guy who had this major injustice served to him stood up and viciously grabbed the mishandler by the throat, issuing several challenges both verbal and physical.

Now, during the finals series this kind of altercation normally kicks off and there is a brawl. Not this time. You see the aggressor reacting to his mistreatment would have been about 5'10", while his mishandler was 6'6" if he wasn't 7' and a fucking tank. Obviously the bigger guy could have taken a swing but he showed considerable restraint. The commentators were making jokes about how the small guy "doesn't take into account weight divisions when going in for a bout" and other amusing quotes about how this kid would've been messed up by the much larger opponent. It was even funnier when the ref pulled him aside and you could hear him say, "he's a lot bigger than you, mate, just keep away or you'll be sidelined, not by me but by him". The kid's protestations were classic as it showed a bigger heart than brain.

Now, obviously on the football field you know you have the backing of your team, so the size disparity is evened out, but the recognition from everyone viewing the incident that the smaller guy, no matter how strong and fit he is, is not going to win in a blue against someone much larger showed that this concept is universal.

Crappy barely relevant analogy is now over. Please return to your scheduled thread viewing.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 7:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not true, I could care less, anyone can be hit especially suckerpunched and as for using the animal kingdom as evidence well there are lots of cases where smaller amimals have defended themselves against a bigger annimal, I watched a video where a wolvering chased a grizzly off a dead animal, but I think we are getting off track, I stated in my post a true situation but I think winning has more to do with the fight in the individual.
    and I still would put my money on a well trained boxer over an untrained but musclebound big guy
    You realize that the animal kingdom reference....never mind.

Featherweight

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 7:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I realize we are part of the animal kingdom but we are the only one I know of that actually train to fight, I mean as a species we sure kicked the crap out of the neanderthols and they were much bigger

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 8:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I realize we are part of the animal kingdom but we are the only one I know of that actually train to fight, I mean as a species we sure kicked the crap out of the neanderthols and they were much bigger
    Read the original post that has you up in arms again.....carefully.

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 8:27pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then obviously you've got your head up your ass. Which means I'll never get through to you.

I don't know what it is with you martial arts nerds. You get picked on in school and take up this Jackie Chan **** thinking you'll be able to do the **** he does in the movies. Wouldn't it just be cheaper and easier to run and hide like the smaller animals do in the wild? Or maybe just give up your fucking lunch money?

Reality check: Once a big, muscley-armed individual locks a MANLY GRIP on you, there's no way you're breaking out of that ****:

YouTube - "Forced Vengeance" Bearhug
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast