Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 4:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Toney is just a plain idiot..Mayweather isn't dumb - which makes his behavior a bit more unpardonable.
    One of my claims to fame (if you want to call it that) is that I actually travelled to Detroit and sparred at the famous Kronk Gym back in the early 90's.
    I was a middleweight back then and I sparred a couple of sessions with some regulars from the gym.
    Truth be told, I was schooled pretty badly by one of them and barely held my own against the other. But they didn't trash talk me or make me fee like a jerk. When I told them I was from Canada and wanted to come and work out for a day at the famous Kronk they were pretty nice to me, actually.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 6:28pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    One of my claims to fame (if you want to call it that) is that I actually travelled to Detroit and sparred at the famous Kronk Gym back in the early 90's.
    I was a middleweight back then and I sparred a couple of sessions with some regulars from the gym.
    Truth be told, I was schooled pretty badly by one of them and barely held my own against the other. But they didn't trash talk me or make me fee like a jerk. When I told them I was from Canada and wanted to come and work out for a day at the famous Kronk they were pretty nice to me, actually.
    Two words: Emanuel Steward

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was not there, unfortunately. And I apparently missed Thomas Hearns , who had dropped in for a visit, by a day.
    There were just a bunch of regulars, both pro and amateur hanging around and working out. It was a weekday and not terribly busy..the first guy that I sparred was a pro and the other guy was more my age and was still an amateur but much better than me.
    Does Steward still own the Kronk?
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 11:20pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Does Steward still own the Kronk?
    He did last I heard, but I only know what he says on HBO broadcasts (which used to be a lot).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12