Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/10/2010 1:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bag Drills

Anyone have bag drills they do? Right now all I can think of it simply "sparring" with the bag for 5 3min rounds with 30sec off after each round. I'm hoping there's some technique specific drills out there (muay thai drills would be awesome).

tl;dr post your bag routines

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2010 2:56pm

Style: Arnis Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to incorporate circuits of other activities along with the bag work: burpees, sand bag tosses, jump rope, and agility boxes are some of the things I use regularly.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    9/10/2010 5:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Treat it like a fight, train in rounds.

push the pace, work on a handful of combos that you can pull off in sparring and make sure you use distance and footwork/head movement.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2010 8:00am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bas Rutten most of the time. When I'm trying out new stuff, I just try to focus on proper technique and good foot movement. On my B.O.B. I do stickfighting forms. I usually do 3 minute rounds and one minute rest. But on my first 3 or 4 rounds, I do round house kicks during the one minute rest. Trying for as many good technique and strong kicks as possible.

I think visualization is a good idea and variety. Don't get stuck in patterns, and don't stand in one place.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 2:00pm

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel, do you know if Bas Rutten still likes the bag drills or does his Body Action System replace it in his mind?

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 2:04pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a burnout one we used to do Up High down lows. 3 minute sets 30 seconds fast up high. 30 seconds hard down low.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
    Diesel, do you know if Bas Rutten still likes the bag drills or does his Body Action System replace it in his mind?
    Both. I think the B.A.S. is mostly just a marketing ploy to sell more stuff. I personally think the old bag drills and CDs are better. It allows you to be able to kicks to a variety of areas. I think the B.A.S. would probably be a little weird to use.

But that being said, I haven't used the B.A.S. so I can't say for sure. But I have been using the CDs for about 6 years. I know people who were golden gloves boxers and blackbelts in a few arts, who agree that his CDs are great.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.