Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Why are you afraid of the truth?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2010 8:47am

Style: Northern Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Closed door 'we do not compete in open tournaments' type schools do as much or more 'trash talking' than happens here on Bullshido.

You just cant see it unless you are actively drinking the magic cool aid being served there.

The more open and direct the communication the less likely there are to be misunderstandings. However flawed any community can be, this site offers that chance to every member.

Keeping the 'doors closed' only allows frauds and charlatans to keep the wool pulled over their 'marks' eyes. Bullshido is not the only place which practices open communication and 'caveat emptor'.

Where the communication here can be an awful lot like a locker room after game shower party, it never pretends to be otherwise and offers some good information should you choose to look for it.

And thats the value I find here as a member.

My real name isnt hard to find. My nickname is used on other sites as well. I am a real person who is not paid a dime to post here and actively participates in martial traditions that have little to do with sports as well as some sporting activities.

If the internets are hurting you, simply choose not to use the internets. I would, gently, suggest that the only person harming you is yourself. After all, plenty of trash talking goes on all the time about any number of real human beings who live well regardless of what pap is being spoken about them.

'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me'. Unless the words are true, and you believe them, and you cant get them out of your head.

Best of luck with your trolling, as you appear to be off to a good start.

Rob

Posted On:
    9/11/2010 10:23am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My primary martial art (20 years now) is one of those that takes a real arse-raping on Bullshido, particularly in the YMAS forum.

However I love it here. If you can keep from getting butt-hurt and actually read, the criticisms are generally valid. Where they aren't or are unsupported by evidence, the forums are self-governing because arguments/discussions are encouraged.

Anyone moaning about this site being anti Traditional Martial Arts obviously hasn't actually looked at the Traditional Martial Arts Forums here (and thus is a fucking idiot).

Complaints that the site is biased toward Sport Martial Arts are only true in appearance. It is biased towards anything that shows evidence for it's effectiveness. It SEEMS pro-sport, because sport naturally provides that evidence as a byproduct of its general practice.

A practitioner of any style or background can get respect here as long as they make no claims for their practice that they can't substantiate. Yoga is no less welcome than Boxing, as long as yogis don't claim they can Hatha the **** out of someone on th3 str33tz, and boxers don't claim they look good in a spandex unitard. (nom nom nom)

I'm not a sportist, not a great fighter, and I teach a 'Martial Art' that's on the ****-list here. However I'm pro-Bullshido.net and am hoping to have some spare cash at the end of this month to cough for a supporting membership.

Having a large group of martial artists from different clubs and styles all sharing their views and experiences (however bluntly) has value.

Open your heart, Open your mind... and if you are going to say something dumb, best open your ringpiece.

Thank you and goodnight.

(I'm here all week... try the veal)

Posted On:
    9/11/2010 10:42am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignorami View Post
    My primary martial art (20 years now) is one of those that takes a real arse-raping on Bullshido, particularly in the YMAS forum.

However I love it here. If you can keep from getting butt-hurt and actually read, the criticisms are generally valid. Where they aren't or are unsupported by evidence, the forums are self-governing because arguments/discussions are encouraged.

Anyone moaning about this site being anti Traditional Martial Arts obviously hasn't actually looked at the Traditional Martial Arts Forums here (and thus is a fucking idiot).

Complaints that the site is biased toward Sport Martial Arts are only true in appearance. It is biased towards anything that shows evidence for it's effectiveness. It SEEMS pro-sport, because sport naturally provides that evidence as a byproduct of its general practice.

A practitioner of any style or background can get respect here as long as they make no claims for their practice that they can't substantiate. Yoga is no less welcome than Boxing, as long as yogis don't claim they can Hatha the **** out of someone on th3 str33tz, and boxers don't claim they look good in a spandex unitard. (nom nom nom)

I'm not a sportist, not a great fighter, and I teach a 'Martial Art' that's on the ****-list here. However I'm pro-Bullshido.net and am hoping to have some spare cash at the end of this month to cough for a supporting membership.

Having a large group of martial artists from different clubs and styles all sharing their views and experiences (however bluntly) has value.

Open your heart, Open your mind... and if you are going to say something dumb, best open your ringpiece.

Thank you and goodnight.

(I'm here all week... try the veal)
    well said!

I emphasize with this and agree with it. I practiced the booj for around 15 years or so, nuff said on that account. I actually think that from when I first came here people have become a little better about automatically characterizing arts. But yeah the same attitudes exist and thats not a bad thing.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415