Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2010 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope someone comes along to save the Heavyweight division soon..this is getting ridiculous.
    And no, Haye is not the answer..
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2010 11:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What always jumps out at me when I watch Wladimir or Vitali is how they completely ignore everything boxing coaches have yelled at me to do and are STILL the big dogs in the boxing HW division.

To my (uneducated) eyes their style looks like they watched a Chuck Liddell highlight reel and said "You know what would make that perfect? If his hands were even LOWER!" and then went off to rule boxing.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 7:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched this fight..I don't think that Peter was even able to see by the time he got KO'd ..his eyes were pretty much swollen shut.
    That fight drew a crowd of 40,000 people in Germany. Big difference between the fight game here in North America and in Europe.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 2:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I missed the very start of the fight but it was the very reason I don't buy PPVs

Klitschko (as usual) displayed that really odd defensive style until he suddenly jumped into a finish

and wtf with Peters? How do jab?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 3:45am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    I missed the very start of the fight but it was the very reason I don't buy PPVs

Klitschko (as usual) displayed that really odd defensive style until he suddenly jumped into a finish

and wtf with Peters? How do jab?
    Another snooze fest.
    Peters looked horribly out of shape. After three rounds of trying and failing to land a big looping overhand right he looked demoralised and basically just gave up.

It was interesting that in the post fight interviews Wladimir basically admitted that he fights the way he does because he has absolutely no chin.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 5:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah I wish I'd caught that now.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 11:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it was nice to see a knockout anyways. It was a decent uppercut that put him away.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2010 9:02am

Style: Vale-Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

question about heavyweights?

asking a question,

do you guys really think the heavyweight division is weak,

I belive it was bert Sugar I saw last week say that that is a uniquly american viewpoint, & that by looking at the entire global scene the heavyweight division is more competitive than ever.

I boxed in college & I can remember in the late 1990's as many gyms bean to close, also I remember how we began to lose more & more ground on the olympic level, I think the killer was in 2007 when the PAL dropped boxing officially(I know several pals still have teams)
    My reason for saying this is I am wondering if americans arn't paying as much attention because we are not as competitive at it?

any way any imput here would be appreciated!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12