Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/08/2010 7:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont go bush but for walking the pavement I stand by a pair of black sneakers.

black polishable is our brief though.
    Used to wear boots shoes and all maner of kit and have quite simply gone off them. These give me the best grip on slippery slimy floors and I can run in them

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2010 10:24am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    USMC issued boots are "doable" for a deployment...we get Bellvilles and Bates. They certainly aren't the best out there though. Too many guys have a stick up their ass about what's allowed and what's not...so most guys are just like "**** it" and wear what's issued to prevent asspain.

I was introduced to Altma's when in Benning by some guys. Those boots are really nice. THanks for reminding me of them, I think I'm gonna get some for my pump to AF in a couple months.

Good point about socks. Big thing is not to just get EXPENSIVE socks, but the RIGHT socks. I've got kid of sweaty feet, so those super thick, $12/pair socks don't work for me because they suffocate my feet and make hot spots. For my feet, I buy socks that are very cooling and mostly cotton...the sweat wicking stuff doesn't work too well for me b/c of my feet. I buy REI brand socks...they fit snugly and work out really well for me...they are gray, but oh well.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/08/2010 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like my Bates with gortex lining for winter and when it is raining. Keeps my feet dry which is crucial. However, in the summer, they are too hot and keep my feet FROM being dry. So I wear 9-11s in the summer. They are light weight, slip resistant, and comfortable.

But I also don't go running around in the forest like you fellas, so my boots are for pavement and cell blocks.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2010 2:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My issued boots sucked. Went for a slight upgrade with some Belleville 750 (I think that's the right model).

Pretty comfortable after they are broken in and not very expensive.

People I know have sworn by Blackhawk! and Rocky boots.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    9/09/2010 2:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    My two personal favorite socks are both made by Thorlo. Their anti-fatigue line is supposedly antimicrobial (I have no idea if this is true or not), but more importantly, they have a good moderate cushion. The second sock I wear is their combat boot line, which has an extremely heavy cushion. The trade off is that the combat boot line is extremely warm, so combining them with goretex boots will make your feet sweat a lot. Don't use them with goretex boots if it's not cold or a relatively short hike.

That's assuming you like having your heels intact.

I agree completely, and I fucking love the Thorlo socks. Make my feet sweat like a bitch, but are so much more comfortable.

I don't know **** about the anti-microbial, but I keep getting athlete's foot regardless. So much more comfortable, and they actually stay up, which is nice when its cold out.

As for issued boots....mine haven't been too bad. Decent enough, though the, "Insulated combat boot' is about as insulated as my fucking dick. Feet still froze, like a mother fucker. I put those $50 dollar custom insoles you get at meijer with the cool foot-scanner **** in them, and never had a problem. However, after a year of hikes and training, **** is wearing down fast :(

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/09/2010 3:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Altberg are another premium boot, not sure if you can buy them in the US though as they're a British company but their quality is primo if you can mail order.

Moose, I assume you're powdering your feet on every sock change.. right ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2010 3:41pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....in addition to powdering its also important to thoroughly DRY feet after washing them. A lot of people don't do that for some reason. Unfortunately sometimes the only good solution is to change socks multiple times per day. I would change them right after morning patrol, and then again if I needed to. So usually at least twice a day.

Posted On:
    9/13/2010 12:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was looking forward to some midnight amusement when I saw "The Boot Thread" and mistook it as a place to post stories and complain about newer members of your unit. With that being said, I don't wear anything but Bates while in uniform, specifically their Durashocks USMC hotweather boot and goretex variant for the field and the Lites for garrison. I also like the Blackhawk Warrior Wear desert boots, very comfy and great for a boots and utes run on soft sand. I'm sure there are probably better boots out there, but as mentioned in an earlier post I say f it and deal with the issued stuff. I've had great experiences with the Bates boots, they've kept my feet dry during hot and cold and two pairs made it all the way through a deployment.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    9/13/2010 11:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You be quiet with that boot talk, ya hear?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 12:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    You be quiet with that boot talk, ya hear?
    The journey of 1,000 miles begins with a step.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast