Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 6:28pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I need a 30 min workout routine

Just started school a few weeks ago and my training, work and study/school schedule are killing me. I don't have time to do everything if I devote enough time to school my workouts suffer and vise versa. currently I going BJJ 2 days a week for the 6am class, I do FMA when I have the time lately it's only been once a week if that. I've cut back my work schedule significantly and may have to cut it back a little more. I attend school 32hrs a week and go straight from school to work 2-3 nights a week and also work either sat lunch or dinner shift, and a double shift usually all of sun.

I was lifting 3x a week for2 days for 45 mins or so on easy days but on my 1 heavy day it gets a little long at 1hr-1.5hrs. What seems to be most time consiming about the strength routine i've been doing is time spent resting and changing weights. In addition I feel like i'm a ready for a change of pace for the next two semesters until i'm free of school at last. then i'll most likely go back to stronglifts.

A couple of summers ago I was doing a bodyweight circuit that only took 30 mins and left me whooped. My cardio improved greatly I had a nice lean look and managed to still put on a little weight. I was thinking of going back to a bodyweight routine, but rather than performing high reps nearing exhaustion finding something along the lines of a bodyweight 5x5 or something similiar. Has anyone heard of such a thing? Can I continue to add strength and size by performing harder exercises in the area of 5 reps 5 sets? I'm sure there are good books out there I could find, but I don't really have time to read a book muchless order one online and wait for it to arrive. I need a new routine now! In the past i've found some good advice at bodyweightculture.com, but they still didn't seem to do as good of a job as stronglifts.com does in laying out a complete plan and explaining when and how to add the weights/modify the workout. Any suggestions?

I was thinking something along the lines of 3x a week 5 sets x 5 reps:

A
    weighted pull up
    handstand pushup
    one legged pistols
    ab wheel

B
    weighted/modified pushup
    weighted bodyweight row
    -moderate to difficult leg exercise needed
    weighted leg raise

I'm not sure if I should add some lower back stuff like weighted hyper extensions. I still need some suggestion for legs other than yoga squats x 200. One thing I liked most about stronglifts was the size I added to my legs and the strength I developed in my back.Hopefully I won't loose any of it. I'm open to any suggestions i'd even consider still doing some heavy lifting if I could find the right plan.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 11:38pm

Style: Judo, MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was actually browsing that same website last night looking for something like what you just described. This thread is what i found:

Bodyweight Strength Training - BodyWeightCulture.com - Free Body Weight Exercises for muscle gain, weight loss and more

Hopefully it'll be of help for you too!

Posted On:
    9/13/2010 6:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive just joined this forum today and browsing through looking for alternative training ideas and saw your post....there are some innovative workouts that I have been following that last between 20 and 30 minutes. They are high intensity and over in a flash. I recommend that you search for Jerry Sargeant Fierce Fitness New Zealand and look at his training system..I'm not sure if it's possible for me to send you a workout through this site or not. I can't see an option to do that. If there is let me know and I will try and send one through.

If you have any ideas on training you you can share I would be keen to have a look.

Thanks. Simon!!

Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Just started school a few weeks ago and my training, work and study/school schedule are killing me. I don't have time to do everything if I devote enough time to school my workouts suffer and vise versa. currently I going BJJ 2 days a week for the 6am class, I do FMA when I have the time lately it's only been once a week if that. I've cut back my work schedule significantly and may have to cut it back a little more. I attend school 32hrs a week and go straight from school to work 2-3 nights a week and also work either sat lunch or dinner shift, and a double shift usually all of sun.

I was lifting 3x a week for2 days for 45 mins or so on easy days but on my 1 heavy day it gets a little long at 1hr-1.5hrs. What seems to be most time consiming about the strength routine i've been doing is time spent resting and changing weights. In addition I feel like i'm a ready for a change of pace for the next two semesters until i'm free of school at last. then i'll most likely go back to stronglifts.

A couple of summers ago I was doing a bodyweight circuit that only took 30 mins and left me whooped. My cardio improved greatly I had a nice lean look and managed to still put on a little weight. I was thinking of going back to a bodyweight routine, but rather than performing high reps nearing exhaustion finding something along the lines of a bodyweight 5x5 or something similiar. Has anyone heard of such a thing? Can I continue to add strength and size by performing harder exercises in the area of 5 reps 5 sets? I'm sure there are good books out there I could find, but I don't really have time to read a book muchless order one online and wait for it to arrive. I need a new routine now! In the past i've found some good advice at bodyweightculture.com, but they still didn't seem to do as good of a job as stronglifts.com does in laying out a complete plan and explaining when and how to add the weights/modify the workout. Any suggestions?

I was thinking something along the lines of 3x a week 5 sets x 5 reps:

A
    weighted pull up
    handstand pushup
    one legged pistols
    ab wheel

B
    weighted/modified pushup
    weighted bodyweight row
    -moderate to difficult leg exercise needed
    weighted leg raise

I'm not sure if I should add some lower back stuff like weighted hyper extensions. I still need some suggestion for legs other than yoga squats x 200. One thing I liked most about stronglifts was the size I added to my legs and the strength I developed in my back.Hopefully I won't loose any of it. I'm open to any suggestions i'd even consider still doing some heavy lifting if I could find the right plan.

Posted On:
    9/13/2010 7:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kettlebells are quick and they hurt like buggery. we do 3 sets of 5 minute workouts with a four minute abb workout at the end.
    that is about 30 minutes right there