Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 10:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMHO, if Floyd is going to be considered the pound for pound best he needs to fight Wladimir or Vitali.

As for the rest, this is actually pretty tame considering some of the ways the (choreographed) sport of pro wrestling has promoted feuds, search "Katie Vick" on youtube to see what I mean.

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 10:39am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnong View Post
    I'll be honest, the fact that he couldn't even fit an actual Filipino stereotype into the rant almost pisses me off more than the rant itself :boxing:
    He got "short", I guess. Not like he could go with "brown" or "poor" in this country and get away with it. Catholic? Nurses? Lots of annoying song and dance shows? (My wife is Filipino, so I'm entitled to be annoyed by proxy).

But, yeah, he's an ignorant ass who couldn't find the Philippines on a map. I bet he'd actually like the food if he tried it -- some of it is similar to "soul food."

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    As for the rest, this is actually pretty tame considering some of the ways the (choreographed) sport of pro wrestling has promoted feuds, search "Katie Vick" on youtube to see what I mean.
    Not a good example, given that WWE ran away from the Vick thing after a few weeks because of immense negative feedback.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 12:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Not a good example, given that WWE ran away from the Vick thing after a few weeks because of immense negative feedback.
    I'd say throwing necrophilia on the 8-10 viewing hour on cable TV beats Floyd cutting a bad guy promo on youtube to sell a feud with someone he thinks is Antonio Inoki.

To switch gears, what about Frank Mir saying he'd go for roundhouse kicks to the midsection if matched with Brock again, after the news hit about Lesnar's stomach problems? Or Chael Sonnen's "we'd run someone like Anderson out of my neighborhood" (wink wink)

Some guys have to hype themselves up for a fight, it'd be kind of boring if everybody acted like GSP, no?

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    To switch gears, what about Frank Mir saying he'd go for roundhouse kicks to the midsection if matched with Brock again, after the news hit about Lesnar's stomach problems? Or Chael Sonnen's "we'd run someone like Anderson out of my neighborhood" (wink wink)
    I didn't mind the first, I didn't like the second. I just don't find race-baiting entertaining and people who go in for it when psyching themselves up for a fight (or, like Mayweather, just to stay in the news) strike me as more than a little stupid and unoriginal.

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 2:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxd View Post
    A disparaging comment about balut?
    Very good, but duck embryo no hit back?:eusa_eh:

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 2:40pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayweather would love adobo chicken. On account of he's black and all. And black people love chicken.

Filipino adobo chicken is better than any other chicken preparation in the history of man btw.

Why does Mayweather have to be racist to get hype though? Go like Ali and make some poetry about it, but get 50 Cent involved. Or make fun of the way Freddy Roach talks. Send a bottle of Mayweather pee via FedEx for Pac-man to drink. Something better than racism. Inaccurate racial stereotpyes are just plain lame.

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 2:51pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Chicken adobo is awesome. Try making it in the slow cooker. Mmm. Although my favorite dish these days is Sinigang.

2. The stereotype is fried chicken, though. You could send him some Max's. For fried food, my wife loves crispy pata (fried pig leg). Me, not so much.

3. Ali was major asshole. He said lots of extremely racist things. You should look up his shameful taunts of Joe Frazier -- "Uncle Tom", flat nose, called him a gorilla, etc. People forget that Ali was (is) a racial separatist and was a member of the virulently racist NOI -- he was given his name by Elijah Muhammad!
    Last edited by Res Judicata; 9/07/2010 2:54pm at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123