Page 12 of 14 First ... 2891011121314 Last
  1. #111
    Larus marinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    3,061
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Not that it's likely, but if you're inclined you could check with the British Kendo Renmei. They are a separate organization not recognized by FIK but comprised of some of the people who had a hand in the start of UK kendo.
    I will certainly do this. Right now, in fact. Thanks for the tip.

  2. #112

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    89
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe this thread is stone dead now and I shouldn't resurrect it. But what happened to the write-up?

  3. #113
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    jon alexlander

    Hi, i believe jon alexander real name is john williams.

  4. #114
    Rock Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,134
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryT View Post
    Maybe this thread is stone dead now and I shouldn't resurrect it. But what happened to the write-up?
    This is a user content website.

    Whilst I originally suggested I would conduct the write-up, real life including military service got in the way.

    Feel free to re-read this thread, collate the salient points and evidence presented here and do the write up yourself - you are after all a member here.

    If you want some assistance then I'm here to help but just because there's a select group of people who have previously conducted write-ups doesn't preclude others from doing likewise.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler

  5. #115

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    55
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy taught Pete Delane of the Bushido Academy of Martial Arts (BAMA). And the similarities are obvious.

  6. #116

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    89
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfusurferkid View Post
    Hi, i believe jon alexander real name is john williams.
    What reason do you have for believing this?

  7. #117

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    89
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    This is a user content website.


    Feel free to re-read this thread, collate the salient points and evidence presented here and do the write up yourself - you are after all a member here.
    Thanks for this; I'll do what you suggest when I have time.

  8. #118

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    89
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightUpMA View Post
    This guy taught Pete Delane of the Bushido Academy of Martial Arts (BAMA). And the similarities are obvious.
    Let us have the source of this information, please? Also: the fact that someone is a phoney doesn't justify the conclusion that his teacher was a phoney also.

  9. #119

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    55
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The source of the information is Delane himself. Straight from the horse's mouth. My impression of Alexander is that he's almost a carbon copy of Delane - pretty proficient at martial arts, but with a massive ego and a load of fake qualifications and self aggrandisement, which is getting worse as his ego realises he's getting older and can't cut it on the mat any more.

  10. #120

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    89
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightUpMA View Post
    My impression of Alexander is that he's almost a carbon copy of Delane - pretty proficient at martial arts, but with a massive ego and a load of fake qualifications and self aggrandisement, which is getting worse as his ego realises he's getting older and can't cut it on the mat any more.
    Perhaps you'd like to tell us something about the experience on which this "impression" is based?

Page 12 of 14 First ... 2891011121314 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO