Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 1:11pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post
    Regardless, I'd like to say that as long as decisions and statements are based on impartially acquired hard evidence (which is a rarity on the internet)
    Okay this excuse needs to stop. This is no longer a true statement at all and is the response from people that have something to hide or have had their scared cows attacked.

Hard evidence can and has been found on the internet. No, you can't find everything but, it is no longer rare.

He sound adamant because, the evidence that has been uncovered shows the impartial implications. Given the chance to respond not you, nor any others, can provide any proof besides an alleged fire, get the records yourself and leave him alone.

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 1:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...yes, that Ichiji...

J.

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 1:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, obviously that one must have come up here before!
    I thought that was fairly a legit statement... very well.

J

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 1:19pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, obviously that one must have come up here before!
    I thought that was fairly a legit statement... very well.

J
    No, it is an excuse used on multiple websites not just here.

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 1:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I have to ask (I'm fully going to regret this I know it...) what is wrong in principle with decisions being based on impartially acquired hard (hard-copy) evidence?

J

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 1:28pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jay1

What do you think the opinions are of Mr. Alexander from other martial artists especially those within the arts Mr. Alexander includes in his own system?

Is he well respected ?

Ok, I have to ask (I'm fully going to regret this I know it...) what is wrong in principle with decisions being based on impartially acquired hard (hard-copy) evidence?

J
    Would you like to see my documentation? I offered it to you at the beginning of this thread to illustrate that I'm not some keyboard warrior, that I have invested a considerable amount of my own time in studying martial arts and, I'm qualified to offer an opinion on certain aspects of what Mr. Alexander includes within his own system.

So far, with respect, you haven't answered much. So far you've avoided my posts in this thread, with the exception of projecting the assumption that I've already made my mind up.. I really would like you to prove me incorrect.

I'll be more than happy to extend a full apology here if I've been overly harsh in my opinion of Mr. Alexander's abilities however, somewhere along the line someone has to prove me wrong so far I haven't seen any information or evidence to suggest that my original assessment was wrong.

I look forward to reading your comments.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 9/12/2010 1:41pm at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

On Hard Evidence

J
    What's wrong with hard evidence? Nothing at all. On the contrary.

1. Mr Alexander could have provided us with hard evidence of his credentials at any time after he was clearly and politely invited to do so. He could still do so, if he chose.

(The fact that Mr Pearson, who seems to be Mr Alexander's right-hand man, has in effect told us to take a hike can't be interpreted as meaning that we are now being unfair in condemning Mr Alexander unheard.)

2. The video material that was critiqued in these pages is hard evidence.

3. The 'never heard of him' response of Henry Ellis (to Mr Alexander's claim to have trained with Abbe Sensei) is hard evidence.

4. The demonstrable fact that Mr Alexander doesn't know Japanese is hard evidence.

5. The uncontested fact that Mr Alexander has for years offered fast-track weekend black-belt courses is hard evidence ...

How much more hard evidence would you like?

Let me say to you, Jay1 – at the risk of being tedious, because I’ve said it before: my mind is not made up as to the outcome. I would be absolutely delighted if Mr Alexander were now to come forward and show us that our doubts were ill founded. I mean this – really: absolutely delighted!

Yes: a good dude is a good dude, and loyalty is a very fine thing. But a good dude is an honest dude, and loyalty has to be deserved. Doubts have been raised about Mr Alexander’s claims; he has had every chance to reply to those doubts - and he has declined to do so, even though it would have been so easy to vindicate himself. This doesn’t prove that he’s a dishonest man; but I’m inclined to think that an honest man would have reacted differently.

If Hugo can find nothing much that is favourable to Mr Alexander to put into his write-up, whose fault will that be, do you think? If there's a lack of hard evidence on Mr A's side of the argument, that's not for want of invitations from us to produce some.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 2:56pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who said it was wrong? Let's not play semantics go re-read your entire statement.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 4:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did find a little more about Zen Shin Do karate, FWIW.

http://www.trurokarateacademy.com/

(bolding mine)
    Quote Originally Posted by that site
    Zen Shin Do is based on the Goju system of Karate incorporating the fluidity of Kung Fu, it was founded by Sensei Jon Alexander during the 1970s. Sensei Jon has trained for many years in Japan and studied various martial arts including Goju Ryu and Wado Ryu Karate, he has extracted key elements from each style that form the cornerstone for which the Zen Shin Do style of Karate is based.
    JA is not listed as an instructor at that school. However, it states here:

http://www.trurokarateacademy.com/index.php?page_id=24
    14/10/1992 – Graded as 2nd dan in Zen Shin Do by sensei Mike Powell. Name of style had been changed back to its original form to honour Jon Alexander, who founded the original style, becoming involved with the club.
    No other mention of JA on the site. No specific indication that he's still 'involved'.

This is apparently the 'Zen Shin Ryu Kata Go (created by Jon Alexander)':

YouTube - Kata Zen Shin Go 1975 (S0001)

I'll leave it to one of the karate people here to give their opinion on whether any of that makes sense in the context of the stated arts...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 5:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Studied for many years in Japan?

On the strength of what we’ve seen so far, I decline to believe that Mr Alexander knows any Japanese beyond a few obvious words and phrases. For this reason I find it hard to believe that he “studied for many years in Japan”. I’d be happy to be told when and what and where and with whom, though.

As to “Zen Shin Ryu Kata Go”:

“Go” (五) is a cardinal number, not an ordinal; it would be more natural to call a kata “dai go” (第五) (fifth) or “go dan” (五段) (level five) than “So-and-so go.” One would have thought that a student of Wado Ryu - with its kata Pinan Sho dan, ni dan, san dan ... and Goju Ryu with its Gekisai dai ichi and ni - would have known that.

Again, what we seem to have here is somebody with a smattering and a dictionary trying to sound more conversant with Japanese than he is: a certain way to fall on your ass as soon as you meet someone who can see through you.

Is this little guy:new_uklia "liar, liar, pants on fire"? When people discover that they've bought weekend courses from Mr Alexander on the strength of a complete misdescription of his background and credentials I'm afraid it's more likely to be a case of "fraud, fraud, lawsuits on the way."
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast