Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 11:46am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you don't train then. You have no idea if what you train is any good of you don't put it to any use.

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 11:56am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerRivetBoi View Post
    Not really. I have one Akido friend. Two Kung Fu guys outside the Bujinkan that may or may not really be Kung Fu. A friend that does some kind of Karate. And a kid that I know that does Tae Kwon Do? But beyond that it's also a lot of the Bujinkan folks I train with. Do those count at all?

The most across the board rule is a go until you tap ordeal.
    On this board? Hmmm... not really, I'm afraid. You really ought to roll with a BJJ blue belt sometime and and experience the revelation.

Kovacs is right, you haven't pushed yourself to the point where you know you're training and whether or not it works.

You didn't answer my question about why you gave up boxing...

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 4:54pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I was totally inspired by another post I saw here and I have a nice tid-bit to add.

The best part of Training where I do is that we don't even practice Kata. At BuYu camp west this year there were a lot of Judans walking around with big fat lips when they trained with Jack Hoban. Why? They were practicing Kata rather than getting out of the way of the attack. The whole Kukan term is thrown around without explanation.
    Kata in the Jujutsu/Taijutsu sense should be drilling the technique. This is the issue with never progressing beyond dead drilling. You are used to a compliant partner. The issue here is not Kata its the Bujinkan dead drilling.

If an MMA guy wants to hit me in the face, he is not going to stop if I stand on one foot and call my self a ninja warrior. Nor am I going to stop him with my Kata. Fights flow. He wont slow down. His fist needs to travel a certain space to hit my head. All I need to do is let him have that space and get out of the way. Go to a safer place.
    You know how MMA guys get a handle of that spacing? Sparring and live drilling. So recently I was drilling elbow destructions at DerAuslander's school with Styygens. We didn't just "pretend to do it", we put on boxing gloves and went at it. No one was 100% prefect, the idea was instead of a unrealistic lunge punch, we use jabs, crosses and hooks used that judge the space and timing. No amount of dead drilling with accomplish that, kata or not.

A lot of American Shihans don't get it; Won't and refuse to get it. The best way to some it all up is to put it in a Tai Chi perspective. We don't hit you. We let you hit your self with our Kamaes, our bodies, our bone alignment. You run into our Kamaes when you come into that second space that we moved into to get out of the way of the attack. Bones with a good structure hit harder than raw muscle. That's not what you do every single time, but that's what it should be rather than a gloop of Kata and magic dust. You have to own the space for it to work. MMA guys don't care about your flowy Ichimonji no Kamae Sui no kata, and chances are while you are preforming your pretty Kata you will move into his kill zone and he will knock you out. They will tear your head off, MMA dudes. And that is scary. And the fact that There is any Bujinkan that Teaches their students Kata is scary.
    "We let you hit yourself with our Kamaes" show your complete ignorance on the subject of combat.

I'm also sick of seeing Ninja associated with Bujinkan. If you don't understand real fighting, you cannot, Will not, Succeed in the Bujinkan. What we call the "ninja tricks of the Bujinkan" are not relevant to people like Mike Tyson. He will floor you. It is only Taijutsu that is in any way relevant. Real fights flow and are wild. That's what we teach and that's what we practice at my Dojo. If you are not right you will get hit. Walk right where people can hit you and they will. It's fun too because where I train we have to Kung Fu guys and a Muay Thai guy and they are able to use both Taijutsu and their old martial arts together in a compliment. They have no complaints about how Taijutsu works or flows. All you need is a good instructor and any martial art comes alive.

Ranks, Belts, Lineage, Kata, and Ninja. These things make not the Bujinkan. Taijutsu and actually learning in an environment where people care enough to make you better as well as themselves to be able to survive a scary situation makes the Bujinkan.
    You know who started the Bujinkan Ninja thing…… wait for it…..THE BUJINKAN! Hatsumi saw how much money Hayes was making being a "ninja" and decided he wanted to be rich too.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, you're cool dude.

**** it. I hate the internet I'm just going to let you have your interweb victories and let you lol and my expense.
    Bullshido wins again!

Also, that fact that he posted that he trains at the Reno Bujinkan will now be immortalized on Google forever. Bullshido ranks pretty high on their search.

Anyone finding this via Google, just steer clear of the Bujinkan.
    Last edited by Plasma; 9/05/2010 5:04pm at .

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 6:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amazing ...

The Bujinkan Reno site has four links at the bottom of each page.

Two are ninja related,the buj home page and the Warrior Information Network Jutsu site and then these two gems.

1.http://www.livingvalues.com/

2.http://www.lifevalues.com/

Anyone one else see anything weird ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2010 2:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cross-Training Response

Not really. I have one Akido friend. Two Kung Fu guys outside the Bujinkan that may or may not really be Kung Fu. A friend that does some kind of Karate. And a kid that I know that does Tae Kwon Do? But beyond that it's also a lot of the Bujinkan folks I train with. Do those count at all?

The most across the board rule is a go until you tap ordeal.
    I am new to this board as well. I totally agree with the other posts and the video regarding alive versus dead playing. As a long time Aikidoka I thought that the years of technique training was applicable. That was until I was f'n around with one of my buddy's that was a collegiate wrestler. Not one thing I knew worked. It's then that I realized that even Aikido Randori is dead in that only "approved" aikido strikes are authorized.

If you are passionate about martial arts and want to progress your training, I would suggest you do as these guys have stated and cross-train. Go to a BJJ school or Judo school and take a free class. After my first Judo class, I walked away from Aikido and have not looked back.

Good luck on your training.
    -Speed3

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2010 8:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welp.

I know that's what the purpose of this website is to expose bs martial arts.

I'm not going to knock back though. That's not who I am. That's why I meant that I do not care. I DO care. But I am not slanderer and I'm not going to try to sound like a pissy 12 year old on teh interwebs. I don't care in a way that I'm not going to try to force things on people.

I know I should have thought about coming here before I posed all this nonsense hoping to figure out why you guys don't like it.

I'm not going to ask to get it wiped 'cause that's dumb.

I did actually get nice feed back from some folks here about why they think the Buj is not ok.

That's all good.

I'm not a cult follower of the Buj.
    I've never met Hatsumi. I probably never will.
    I take what I want out of the Buj.
    And you folks are right about a lot of things.

But Forums are lame. And life is short.
    I'm not going to sit here on the web and try to make something click.
    I'm going to put it to use. I am going to decide whether or not it works. I appreciate what you folks are trying to do. But it's all one sided. I believe that way about everything. I don't lean to far to the left or the right.

But in the end it's up to the individual to chose.
    I think it's lame to sit there and go "Hur hur, you said things and they are here forever and you're dumb, Hur hur". But in truth some other member of the Bujinkan is going to get on here and say stupid things back. I don't want to be them or you. If BJJ works. I want to go find that out for myself rather than read it on the web. If BBT works, I want to find out too. I don't want to be in Gracie's cult or Hatsumi's if it's only a cult. Learn by experiment.

So ramblin' gets no one no where.

Sorry to waste your time folks, and thanks for the feedback and different view points.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 5:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Classic. You didn't get the response you were looking for so you are just going to with the "it just the internet" defense. Your ego won't let you accept the fact you started a discussion with other Martial Artists including instructors and we expect proof of your claims. That is how a debate works.

Thank you for stopping by, the thread will now be closed. Enjoy your pretend training.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345