Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 8:59am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can you describe a standard training session?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnira View Post
    DerRivetBoi,

I try to be an honest broker and will try to meet your request at face value. Also, I had to go to Wikipedia to look up "troll" to get a definition of it, so I could avoid doing that on this forum. Being from a pre-forum generation, writing well and constructively in a forum environment is a different style of writing, and in itself an art form. That being said, I will try to be clear and respectful.
    I totally appreciate that. Form discussions are almost nothing like that. Ever. So thank you.

In the beginning, I was exposed to the 1980's ninja craze, but I was without positive boundaries and fell victim to charlatans. The world is filled with manipulators and deceivers. It wasn't until I came back to ninjutsu through the study of 20th century espionage and agent training that the Imperial Japanese Army intelligence school (the Nakano) brought me back to ninjutsu as a topic of study, because one of their instructors was Fujita Seiko. Seiko was an adherent of Koga ninjutsu, and billed himself as "the last ninja." Seiko was also a bit of a ninjutsu historian.

Obviously, if the Imperial Japanese Army intelligence school is using elements of this traditional training, as a historian of military science, I'd better look at it again. Honesty in the evaluation of evidence is essential, and my opinions don't matter; what matters is objective history, within the best human effort.

So, I spent the past three years going back through histories of ninjutsu in English, and since the 1980's some very good books have come out. It is necessary to re-evaluate our positions when new information is developed.
    That's actually, sorry to take it in a different direction, why I don't buy stock in the Ninja stuffs. It's all too easy to say this and say that. It was this, and it was that is something that I've long abandoned as a whole in life. It might be what they say on various Wiki's across the net. It might not be and Hatsumi may totally be right. But. Even if Hatsumi is wrong and made the back story up, his martial art(s) are some of the most effective, efficient, and practical for self defense I have ever seen. That is where the validity lies. I don't ever call the Bujinkan a Ninja academy. In fact at my Dojo we don't really ever work on any ninja stuff at all. It's all Budo Taijutsu, which, if you look at sister arts like Akido, Taijutsu is fairly affective.

People can argue over the Bujinkan. I am not sufficiently adept at the politics or lineages that are accepted or rejected to validate or comment on that.
    And neither am I.

Like I said. Hatsumi could have made it all up and I would not care a bit. I would follow him still, even if he is not a ninja. Arguing "Ninja lineage" is not my cup of tea anyways. Hatsumi has a system of Taijutsu that is probably some of the most effective martial arts stuff of all time. It's good stuff. I can get beat all to hell at Dojo and I can go home and work on it there and take it back to to Dojo.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:17am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    "I just came to talk. "

"I am not a troll".

"I am not trying to bait anyone."

Sometimes it is best not to be so defensive. It really could give people the wrong idea about what you are trying to do. Otherwise people will think thy protest too much.
    Yeah you are right haha I'm just not used to forums.

Lurking is one thing. Posting about your art is another.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    can you describe a standard training session?
    I sure can. The whole shebang detailed or?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:32am

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Query: Thoughts on Bujinkan
    Response: Insufficient art full of ninjer idiots and no aliveness
    Second Response: Yeah, but not my group.
    Third Response: Really? Prove it.
    Fourth Response: >excuse

This is how this thread is going.

There are lots and lots of threads about the Booj that you can find with that little "search" button in the top right-hand corner.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:41am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerRivetBoi View Post
    I sure can. The whole shebang detailed or?
    Why does this LaRP different from all other LaRP?

Also a link to your Buyu's FB page.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    describe a standard training session
    Alrighty then. A Standard session usually goes like so:

We usually show up and stretch before our instructor shows up. When he shows up we all line up in Seiza no Kamae along the wall with sensei in front. He asks us what we want to work on before we clap in. We do the little clap in ritual that all the other Bujinkans do and we begin.

Usually he will show us what we will be working on with the most senior student for that time period and we pair up with other people as Uke and Tori and we begin. It's pretty informal getting started. We are all buddies so we can just pair up with whoever. We switch off as Uke and Tori and take turns working on whatever it was decided we would for a certain amount of time. Usually the Dan ranks will work with the lower ranks to get them warmed up and the Higher Kyu's will pair with the other higher Kyu's. We go like this in the beginning until we all get "Dojo syndrome" and our instructor will change the technique. After the first three techniques or whatever we work on we usually just start alternating Uke and Tori with whoever. Sometimes we work with Weapons in disarming or such (Even handgun stuff) Or we may break out the Shinai and do our sword stuff, which is, you know, like Akido and the like. Sometimes it's throws and locks. We work on good Ukemi whilst cultivating these techniques regardless. Rolls as well as break-fall rolls are important. Learning how to take a hit so that it hurts less is also part of our Ukemi.

That's another thing. We do not pull our punches ever. We will slow it down for people that are new so they can get used to moving out of the way and taking space but if you stand there you will get hit, or kicked, or whatever. We speed it up if requested and both Uke and Tori always match speed.
    Some martial arts tell you to pull your punches and then when you get better or something you actually start to punch people. That's just not how we do it.

After we are done, and sometimes class may go for an extra 45 minutes if we are having fun, we clap out and leave.

Is that what you wanted to know?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Query: Thoughts on Bujinkan
    Response: Insufficient art full of ninjer idiots and no aliveness
    Second Response: Yeah, but not my group.
    Third Response: Really? Prove it.
    Fourth Response: >excuse

This is how this thread is going.

There are lots and lots of threads about the Booj that you can find with that little "search" button in the top right-hand corner.
    Chill dude.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 10:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does this LaRP different from all other LaRP?

Also a link to your Buyu's FB page.
    Our place doesn't have a facebook but we have a website if that counts?

It's: http://www.winjutsu.com/wp/reno/index.html

It's a little outdated, actually that's a lie, it's a lot outdated.

I've only been going for two years. What's the grudge with the Bujinkan folks?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 10:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This might be what you are looking for:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...0052015&v=info
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast