Posted On:
    9/05/2010 6:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello, I'm new and I want to cut right to the chase

Hello folks.

I'm new to this form buuuut I've never been one for forms anyhow so I decided I'd just post my own and strike up some talk.

Or more specifically, in regards to the Bujinkan.

I want to know, whether you are a troll, critic, or Shihan alike, what you think of the Bujinkan?

And I... don't actually care what you think of the federation it's self (Although it's totally cool if you want to through that in there). I mean the actual art part. Like in regards to the nine schools.

I don't want to defend my school from the internet. That's just stupid and totally contradicts not only the Bujinkan's guide lines but it totally goes against concepts like acceptance of personal choice, makes the Bujinkan look bad, and most importantly, it's just the internet. I want to through my opinions out there too, but not in a way that squashes other people's point of view.

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 6:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is this your school in peticular?

Show us a vid.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 7:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    is this your school in peticular?

Show us a vid.
    I was actually talking about the whole thing. Yep. The Bujinkan at large.

I actually don't have a video of my dojo. The best I got to go off is the BuYu facebook page. Yep. In the four hours we train a week, we don't take time to photograph ourselves training. Not feasible at all.

But that's why I am asking. 'Cause I whilst lurking around this site just out of sure curiosity, I saw lots of weird Bujinkan posts. I don't mean weird like "Oh this dude is going on about how "Hatsumi sensei isn't legit and blah blah", that's cool if people wanna say that stuff. I disagree, but it's all good.

No, I mean weird like "triple dragon 'I made 15th Dan in 6 weeks and so can you' Meow Meow we train on the moon" kind of stuff.

It makes me sit there and go "Huh...".

Yep.

So. As it applies to the Bujinkan at large, whatcha think?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 7:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I swear I am not trying to bait anyone. I should have thrown that in.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 7:53am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bujinkan is not a Martial art. It's a group of nerds playing LaRP. Very similar to the people at the Ren Fair. Except the people at the Ren Fair have no delusions of themselves being "the deadly."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 8:13am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DerRivetBoi,

I try to be an honest broker and will try to meet your request at face value. Also, I had to go to Wikipedia to look up "troll" to get a definition of it, so I could avoid doing that on this forum. Being from a pre-forum generation, writing well and constructively in a forum environment is a different style of writing, and in itself an art form. That being said, I will try to be clear and respectful.

In the beginning, I was exposed to the 1980's ninja craze, but I was without positive boundaries and fell victim to charlatans. The world is filled with manipulators and deceivers. It wasn't until I came back to ninjutsu through the study of 20th century espionage and agent training that the Imperial Japanese Army intelligence school (the Nakano) brought me back to ninjutsu as a topic of study, because one of their instructors was Fujita Seiko. Seiko was an adherent of Koga ninjutsu, and billed himself as "the last ninja." Seiko was also a bit of a ninjutsu historian.

Obviously, if the Imperial Japanese Army intelligence school is using elements of this traditional training, as a historian of military science, I'd better look at it again. Honesty in the evaluation of evidence is essential, and my opinions don't matter; what matters is objective history, within the best human effort.

So, I spent the past three years going back through histories of ninjutsu in English, and since the 1980's some very good books have come out. It is necessary to re-evaluate our positions when new information is developed.

One thing I found was that "ninjutsu" is actually the reconnaissance soldier skills and human intelligence operator (spy) training of the fuedal era, and that it is a valid traditional military practice and study. People can argue over the Bujinkan. I am not sufficiently adept at the politics or lineages that are accepted or rejected to validate or comment on that. What I know is that the historical training of reconnaissance soldiers and intelligence of Japan occurred and that some of that training has carried down in various bodies of training doctrine in the modern era.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 8:33am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerRivetBoi View Post
    I swear I am not trying to bait anyone. I should have thrown that in.
    It doesn't matter.

Stating something doesn't make it true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 8:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    Bujinkan is not a Martial art. It's a group of nerds playing LaRP. Very similar to the people at the Ren Fair. Except the people at the Ren Fair have no delusions of themselves being "the deadly."
    Well of course the Bujinkan is not a martial art, Bujinkan is the name :P

I have seen those Training groups. I know what you are talking 'bout.

I've got a pretty good group though. We aren't into the play ninja stuff.

I'm not too crazy about the whole learn ninjutsu stuff anywho. It becomes totally dependent on a series of factors that are neither relevant nor or they important to any martial training. You cannot win a fight using only "ninja tricks". There is always someone that won't fall for them. But alas there are a number of dojo's in the world that teach poor. These are places that the rest of us stay clear. It's well known within the Bujinkan which teachers will teach you to play ninja, which ones will teach you to fight using ninja tricks, and which ones will teach you how to protect yourself and others. Survival. The actual BuYu that I am affiliated with differs heavily from The International Bujinkan Association that Richard van Donk fronts Or whatever it is that Stephen Hayes fronts. That's all a lot of the dojo's I've seen do. They front. Judans playing superman and making money and walking all over the Bujinkan.

The group I train with trains for real and we waste no time with silly games. It's stupid and not worth the money to go to some of these places that don't teach you anything. Of that, You are very correct sir. But we are not all like that. And that is not just the Bujinkan that such places exist.

And as far as delusions of being deadly.... I would rather learn how to win a fight and be able to control the drunk uncle at the wedding without hurting him rather than beat the living hell out of him or larp the guy to death :P

And that's what we do where I train.
    It's Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu that I train in. Not Bujinkan ninja exxtreme.

What Bujinkan places have you seen that do that though? They do exist, I've seen it. But out of sure curiosity I want to know.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 8:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    It doesn't matter.

Stating something doesn't make it true.
    Or make it work.
    Or anything for that matter.
    I just came to talk.

And I guess to talk on a thread you actually do have to bait people into replying.

That's the magic of it.

But it doesn't make me a Jerk to want to talk about this. Because ultimately it's just chit chat.

It's not going to change my outlook on anything. I love Taijutsu. It clicks with me. Doesn't mean that nothing else is real. Doesn't mean anything else is fake. I just like Taijutsu.

I respect all other martial arts. People need to train them or else it all goes away. And there are many to pick from.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 8:55am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I just came to talk. "

"I am not a troll".

"I am not trying to bait anyone."

Sometimes it is best not to be so defensive. It really could give people the wrong idea about what you are trying to do. Otherwise people will think thy protest too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast