Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 8:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    TEA - Bro. you remind me of what'shisface from Foot Fist Way, but without the crazy trophy wife or aggrandizing nature or the mullet in this awesome way. I was sad that you didn't have a crazy drawl accent though, which made me saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddd. PS, did my hook punch sidekick sandwich taste good?
    Since I haven't watched Foot Fist Way, I'm not sure how to take that. As for the accent, since my Mom is Welsh (i.e. not just of Welsh decent but from Wales and has a Welsh accent) and I grew up watching way to much Gillagan's Island, Sandford and Son and Good Times, I really don't think I ever had much chance of developing a strong Texas accent. Your hook punch sidekick tasted good and I complemented you on it at the time. How did my jabs and meat and potatoes jab, cross, roundkick taste? You seemed to enjoy those enough to open yourself up for second, thirds and fourths.

Sorry you guys had to bail. Today was a bit hectic, especially the grilling at the river and sparring transition, especially since most of us had never been to this gym. I ended up missing out on the gym time because the grill, family, parking and communication with other bullies took up pretty much all of my early afternoon. I only had a couple of rounds of stand up sparring left in me and no ground work anyways (it took me about five minutes to straighten my back up enough to get out of bed this morning and I was hobbling all day) and without y'all to spar stand up with, I'm not all that sad.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    What was that waitress's name again :eusa_doh:? haha
    Donna... Dianne... DAWN. It was Dawn.
    Tovarish, I wasn't looking at name tag.
    Thanks to Jitschix for helping me remember that name. You're a true comrade.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mainly want to confirm 2 rumors:
    1. Omega really does drink the blood and wear the skin of those he defeats in honorable combat.
    2. Sirc truly does have a fabulous pirouette.

This was my very first throwdown, and I'm really glad to have been able to attend. I picked up a lot of new things, including a strong liking for Judo. Thanks Coach Josh, I now have deeper understanding of significance of face to ground ratio, and crucial understanding of why gator hunting with a .22 is not a good way to prove Charles Darwin incorrect. I truly regret that we did not have a chance to have drinking competition. Ippon by vodka... maybe next year?

I would especially like to thank everyone who took the time to grapple with me. I realize I may not be a particularly challenging person to grapple, and I did spaz out on a few of you, so thanks for putting up with it. I feel like I learned quite a bit from all of you.

Omega, Sirc, and Danny, thanks for showing up, allbeit mysteriously. (Although I totally called it. Ask NWP.) It was great seeing the stone wall that is Omega up close in person. I bitterly regret not having photographed him doing the TKD kata.

JNP, NWP, you two are fucking crazy-awesome. Looking forward to the next mega. p.s. NWP, I put your girls to work taking a few photos of the event at Solidarity MMA. To their credit, they got a few decent shots of you grappling, you may now feel strong tinge of pride. :}

David Koresh and Jitschix, unfortunately I did not get a chance to grapple either of you. Hopefully next time around I can pick up some kick ass BJJ techniques from the two of you. It was nice getting to knock back a few drinks with all of you, but hopefully next time we can have a designated driver so the rest of us can get **** faced and grapple the waiters. (p.s. I remember the name, but now it's useless. Thanks a lot.)

Zapruder, dude, you're a fucking human pretzel. Seriously. You move your legs at seemingly impossible angles, shrugginig off just about everything. Srsly. Dude, wtf. Monster.

Scott, didn't get to grapple or to know you too well, but thanks for showing up and doing the demos. Between you and Coach Josh, I learned quite a few new interesting things.

Hungryjoe, it was nice to meet you in person. Your Marine-ness is very obvious in an R. Lee Ermey sort of way. Even though I had major weight advantage over you (as well as almost everyone else,) you mopped the floor with me. Thumbs up, Sir.

Nassir, you're much tougher than you look. Hanuman power!

Tea, thanks for arranging everything. Hopefully we can do something again next year.

The_Beak, dude, it was great to meet a fellow San Antonio bully. Your grillmaster skills are how you say in american... kick ass, yes? You got in there and fried up a storm. Looking forward to our own local throwdown and cook-out. Will PM further info.

Now 2 big questions:
    1. how to distribute the photos from the event?
    There is a total of ~1gb or more, and may need to be burned on DVD.
    We can upload them somewhere, and make them available for download, but I need to know if anyone has any problems with the photos being online. If anything, we may go the DVD route.

2. I know Jitschix was working on an article and could use some of the photos from the event. Would anyone have a problem with one or two of the photos being in the article? (Not sure which one as of yet, but wanted to make sure it's ok beforehand.)
    Last edited by Sri Hanuman; 9/05/2010 10:23pm at .
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 9:58pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a really good time, saw some old friends and met some new ones. Big thanks to Omega, danniboi07 and Sirc for coming all the way to Texas from California.

Thanks to Coach Josh for helping out those of us who are Judo-challenged. I will continue to work on my footsweeps.

Thanks to TEA for taking the time to set up the grill, and cooking up a some tasty vittles down at the river today. The Beak deserves honorable mention for those tasty fajitas.

Thanks to jitschix and Hungryjoe's eldest for spending time with my nieces.

And finally, thanks to everyone who rolled with me and took it easy on me. My back also thanks you.

I hope to see you all again on the mat someday.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try http://photobucket.com/ and just link the pictures. I have no problem with my picture being posted as long as I look man pretty in them.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 10:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not problem with picture pretty or otherwise being posted of me.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 10:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason I ask, is that there are also family photos. Just want to make sure everyone is ok with it. (We did have at least 2 professional dads show up with their midget armies. The troops were scattered and hyperactive.)
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 10:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm OK with posting pics of Gwyneth.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 10:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the little one's credit, she did pressure test break fall techniques on Sat.
    Thumbs up Gwyn :)
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    9/05/2010 11:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In keeping with Sirc's original format and theme:

Sirc: nicer in person than on the Internet. Didn't get to roll with him and didn't get enough stand up with him. However, from the brief stand up sparring I'd say - most of the flashy TKD **** is only going to hit someone who is totally cluelless. Also, keep your fucking hands up when your stalking and moving in. My jab sucks but you were just giving me a target to hit that even my geriatric self couldn't miss.

Omega: much less serious in person than I would have expected. Totally chill and fun to hang out with. He raped me figurativelly and nearly literally grappling. I'm really sorry we didn't get to do any stand up. I think you might have thought I was kidding when I asked you if you wanted to play patta-cake. Sparring stand up with you was seriously the one thing I was looking forward to about the whole Mega. As it was, betime I got around to sparring Sirc I was so played out that I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much as if I'd been fressher, but I still wanted to get my ass kicked by you.

Danniboy: Nice guy. Kind of quiet. I didn't get to roll with him but his jits looks solid.

Sri Hanuman: Glad to finally meet you. You're a hoot. Sorry we didn't get to roll.

JNP: As always, good to see you. You are always a pleasure to have around. Didn't get to roll with you this time, but it looked like you hand your hands full with the rest of the crew. Glad to finally meet your wife and son.

NWP: Great rolling and sparring with you. Your daughters rock!!! You're like a more light hearted version of your brother.

Hungry Joe: Dude, you were great to hang out with and roll with. I love your wife and daughters and hope we can all get together again sometime in the not too distant future. Seriously, hanging with y'all down by the river made missing the sparring today worthwhile.

Beak: As always, your fajitas rock almost as much as you do. Great to see you again.

Jitschix: Good to see you again and in a setting outside of the Academy. We finally got to roll a bit, too. You gave me some fits and totally neutallized my top game. Sorry you couldn't make it to the bbq this afternoon.

Koresh: It's gonna be hawg killin' time soon, so sight in your rifle.

Nazir and Selfcirtical: good to see y'all, as always.

Coach Josh: Thanks for all the coaching. That was great. Your wife is really fun to hang out with. too.

Scott: Could have totally tossed me on my head or ass and didn't. Still got the takedowns, but was easy on my old bones. Fun to roll with. I could tell he was holding back a bit, but still kept enough of an effort going to beat my ass and make it interesting.

ShirobiMike: If you were the green belt with the glasses that I rolled with, thanks, that was fun.

All of the rest of the Tao of Texas non-Bullshido crew: finally nice to have y'all at a TD. Next time we'll BBQ there like we usually do. Y'all were a very nice addition to the TD.

Cathy Chapaty: our host for the TD in Austin deserves a special shout out for helping us put this together and hosting us. I think she and Omega had a nice chat about forms and she got to train with Jitschix on some of the Judo that Josh and Omega tought us.

Good timez and looking forward to the next one.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast