Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 11:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Then stfu.

Cry me a river, got no future? Turn punk.
    problem solved.

Hey now, YOU are the emofag here, not me, so im not blowing you, sorry.

Or else? you'll run to your room and slam the door really hard?
    hahaha!
    kids...

Oh mai..emokitty's got claws...

sncker snicker snicker
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/04/2010 6:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfDefense View Post
    Well, I was planning a not for profit sort of situation.

I have the credit to get a commercial space, and everyone could just chip in to pay the overhead. I just want to keep the team together. I might even be able to get our old instructor to come teach us at this place, in addition to it being an informal, sparring, communal learning atmosphere.

I've been running the fighters class a couple times a month before this happened any how, so it wouldn't be a huge adjustment for me to make this happen.
    I think thats a plan waiting for phail, it will most likely leave you as the only dude with debt.
    YOU want to keep the TEAM together, but if you're the only one who feels that way, what does it say about the situation?
    I'd ask around first before going through all the troubles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 11:11am

Style: Bayless Freestyle JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    What do you think about Mike's suggestion to get a semi-formal "board" together?

I've no experience with that sort of thing. I will consult legal counsel, check into the possibillity.

The Third Man

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 12:52pm

Style: Isshin-Ryu Karate,JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We walk through the doors for the last time, we unhappy few.

The bags are drained, bones of my dream picked dry for pennies. Not many people show up for the last class, even less will likely continue to train, where would we?

We work hard together for the last time, a team split apart at the seams. It's difficult to keep focused during sparring when you keep noticing how bare the walls and mats are.

This was my second home, my university, my support group, and now it's gone. We make vague promises at attempting to keep together, but almost no one means it, the gym is what held us together.

PRivate lessons are offered, but I'm not swabbing the mats or teaching beginners now...not sure if I can pay. I have half-baked notions of opening a place myself, but if Pat couldn't make it work can I?

Bummer
    Aww poor baby. Would you like me to play you a sad song on the world's smallest violin?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 1:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've no experience with that sort of thing. I will consult legal counsel, check into the possibillity.
    The reason I ask is, things will probably go along fairly well for the first couple of months or so, and then attendance might start dropping off if you are essentially doing the same thing that 'didn't work' at your old club. And by 'didn't work' I refer to the club not remaining open.

With a shared responsibility, it won't leave you solely on the hook and might allow for great resources and potential for more community contacts and possibly lure in outside instructors for a workshop atmosphere.

Good luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 5:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieWoopAss2 View Post
    Aww poor baby. Would you like me to play you a sad song on the world's smallest violin?
    LOL, a karate practicioner is making fun of me? Now I do feel low.

I'm no longer in a gym that would frown upon such things, so I'm totally open to a Gong-sau to see exactly what you are willing to say to my face.
    Last edited by ArtOfDefense; 9/07/2010 5:37pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 5:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason I ask is, things will probably go along fairly well for the first couple of months or so, and then attendance might start dropping off if you are essentially doing the same thing that 'didn't work' at your old club. And by 'didn't work' I refer to the club not remaining open.

With a shared responsibility, it won't leave you solely on the hook and might allow for great resources and potential for more community contacts and possibly lure in outside instructors for a workshop atmosphere.

Good luck.
    You are of course correct I'm sure. I'll see about getting some documents drawn up and see how receptive at least the other fighters are at that point.

The Third Man

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 7:38pm

Style: Isshin-Ryu Karate,JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, a karate practicioner is making fun of me? Now I do feel low.

I'm no longer in a gym that would frown upon such things, so I'm totally open to a Gong-sau to see exactly what you are willing to say to my face.
    Damn straight I am. And sure if you don't mind paying for a cross-country ass-whooping.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/07/2010 8:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are of course correct I'm sure. I'll see about getting some documents drawn up and see how receptive at least the other fighters are at that point.
    My tale, take what you will
    Our school building closed last November. There was about 9 of us who got together and decided to keep training and the school owner agreed to a twice a week schedule and another instructor agreed to show up at least once a week....and we decided amongst ourselves if he didn't show we would still get together and work-out on our own.

After the actual building closed, we helped him move his stuff out, we as individuals bought mats and pads from the school owner at a nice low rate and pooled together our equipment.

We didn't go the route of renting anywhere, we just used whatever space we had, including the huge garage at my work a couple dozen times. Little by little in the last >year, half the people are gone, the head instructor started talking money (only to re-injure an old injury) and finding space become a problem.

Glad I didn't spring for renting a smaller low-cost industrial space like I thought about.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2010 3:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My tale, take what you will
    Our school building closed last November. There was about 9 of us who got together and decided to keep training and the school owner agreed to a twice a week schedule and another instructor agreed to show up at least once a week....and we decided amongst ourselves if he didn't show we would still get together and work-out on our own.

After the actual building closed, we helped him move his stuff out, we as individuals bought mats and pads from the school owner at a nice low rate and pooled together our equipment.

We didn't go the route of renting anywhere, we just used whatever space we had, including the huge garage at my work a couple dozen times. Little by little in the last >year, half the people are gone, the head instructor started talking money (only to re-injure an old injury) and finding space become a problem.

Glad I didn't spring for renting a smaller low-cost industrial space like I thought about.....

Ah. Advice from experience. Appreciated!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234