Posted On:
    9/02/2010 4:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    YouTube- SLS - S1E1-4/5

If you notice, the host almost shows skepticism by saying that ripping a phonebook in half is an old carny trick. But this is just a setup for Rogers. After proclaiming to be able to rip the book without the trick, he proceeds to rip the book USING THE GODDAMN TRICK.

The host then proceeds to fellate him for being so inhumanly strong.
    lets see if he can close a CoC number 3 before the felatio commences.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 4:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just used that trick to rip a phonebook in half.. Even though there is no real achievement in it I still felt like a monster.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 5:06am

Style: Judo, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I caught the one where the guy ran back-to-back marathons for a few days or whatever. They're really stretching the limits of believability, even for an audience that undoubtedly believes anyone in a lab coat is a credible scientist.
    That's quite believable. Eddie Izzard did it, and he's a comedian! I can easily believe that a professional athlete could do something similar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 8:00am

Style: Muay Thai, Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignorami View Post
    A comedian here in the UK ran 43 marathons in 51 days for charity last year. No experience, and no prior training. Just will-power.

THAT is fucking superhuman!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8256589.stm
    I do one better:
    http://www.marathonman365.be/index.p...emid=9&lang=en

This guy is running (or trying to) 365 marathons in a year. He has now run more than 200 marathons. And with pictures of all his finishes as well as it being recorded where he has and will be running, I give credit to his achievement.

Yes, he has prior training but still...

And about the runner featured in the show: that guy just competes in ultramarathons where competition distances of 100km's are normal. They often compete/train in an event close to where I live. Basically the event is a night to day 100km walk but you always have a few that run the distance.
    Last edited by aiyer; 9/02/2010 8:10am at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234