Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 4:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilenzo View Post
    Am i the only who think thay his student is more agile and coordinated than he is?
    Man you don't get. This MONKEY KUNG FU! You need to be crazy, need to be wild ! Ordinary people don't get it that agility and coordination aren't needed skills. What you need is making weird faces to force your opponent die from laughter. In order to master this style you need to move like monkey, to eat , to sleep, to fart, to snore like one. You need to BECOME the monkey!
    You need to scream :
    'I WILL DIE A MONKEY-MAN' :munky2:

Does anyone remember that monkey kung fu dude that got his ass kicked in the ring? I think it happened this year.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 4:42am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilboy7778 View Post
    http://www.martialinfo.com/magazine.asp?id=10
    I'm posting this in YMAS because of how ridiculous these poses are. Has anyone ever heard of this Michael Matsuda? :XXmonkey:
    YouTube- Monkey Kung Fu
    the ending of the video might even pose the question of if he offers online certifications.
    Apparently he is kind of a big deal.

http://www.martialartsmuseum.com/Amb...s/theboard.htm

http://www.usadojo.com/biographies/michael-matsuda.htm

MASTER MICHAEL MATSUDA
    Monkey Kung Fu (Tai Shing)
    President, Martial Arts History Museum

"Succeeding Fifth Generation Monkey Master Paulie Zink is Sixth Generation Monkey Master Michael Matsuda. Matsuda and Zink are considered the pioneers of bringing Monkey Kung Fu (Tai Shing) to America and both are part of the few non-Chinese to master all "five" monkey forms. Matsuda is also considered one of the world's leading authorities on the history of Monkey. He is also Master Paulie Zink’s most senior and advanced student. Upon completion of all five forms of the monkey, Zink has selected Matsuda as the only student of his to succeed him and continue passing on the art.

Michael first began training in 1968 in the art of Judo at a local Japanese Community Center. After learning from a strict, traditional teacher for over a year, Matsuda began to study both Karate and Jiu Jitsu. During his Jiu Jitsu class the instructor invited his friend, a kung fu artist to join the class for the evening. After seeing his performance, Matsuda was hooked.

In 1974, Matsuda enrolled in a Hung Gar gung fu (Siu Lum Pai/Choi Lay Fut) class taught by Sifu Lyle Fujioka. Two years later he transferred to the main school. After studying Hung Gar for nearly three years, Paulie Zink enrolled in the class. Matsuda and Zink became friends and studied under Buck Sam Kong for over 15 years. When Zink began learning Monkey kung fu, he began teaching Matsuda some of the forms he had learned.

Matsuda has been studying Ta Sheng Pek Kwar under Master Paulie Zink for the past 28 years and is Zink’s first and longest student. He has also studied Wing Chun under one of Dan Inosanto's students and learned kickboxing under Full-Contact Legend Cecil Peoples. Matsuda is also the founder of the United States Ta Sheng Pek Kwar Association. Matsuda continues to teach both Hung Gar and Monkey Kung fu privately.
    Matsuda, considered one of the foremost authorities on the history of Monkey kung fu, has co-authored two books with Master Paulie Zink, has written over 50 articles on Monkey kung fu for Inside Kung Fu, Black Belt, Martial Art Magazine and Qigong Kung Fu magazines.

A former Sports Magazine publisher, Matsuda was instrumental in producing a three-part documentary entitled “The Martial Arts Influence on America.” He has been the Advertising Director and Production Manager for several magazines and newspapers. He has ran the Los Angeles Marathon four times and was inducted into Marquis' Who's Who in Multimedia in 1998 and 1999. He is also listed as one of the Nation's Top 100 Producers in Producer Magazine for the year 2000 and 2002 and has also appeared on the two magazine covers. He has appeared on a total of five magazine covers. He has a certificate in graphic design, an associate degree in journalism and a bachelor's degree in management and attended the American Film Institute for three years. Other studies include Business Law, Computer Programming, Global Economics, Marketing, and more.

On his Latin influence, Michael Gonzalez-Matsuda is the bloodline descendent of one of the founding families of the City of Los Angeles and also the bloodline descendent of one of the founding families of the City of San Diego. He is the great....great grandson of California Governor Jose Dario Arguello, the last Spanish-ruled Governor. Michael is also the great...great grandson of Santiago Arguello, the Alcalde of San Diego, brother of Luis Antonio, the Mexican-ruled California Governor. In addition, he is the great...great grandson of Augustin Zamorano, the provisional Governor of California and Secretary-of-State. The same Zamorano that the San Diego art school is named after who was also the first person to bring the printing press to California. Michael is also the bloodline descendent of Jose Maria Flores, General of the Mexican army that won a decisive battle against America. The same Flores that the Flores Adobe in Los Angeles is named after. Point Arguello in Mid-California is named after Michael's great grandfather.

He has authored a number of articles and interviews featuring such artists as Dan Inosanto, Y.C. Wong, Brendan Lai, Benny Urquidez, Cecil Peoples, Simon Rhee, Phillip Rhee, Jun Chong, Bong Soo Han, Gini Lau, Graciella Casillas, James Lew, Eric Lee, Alvin Prouder, Philip Rhee, Bong Soo Han, Tak Kubota, and Peter "Sugarfoot" Cunningham, Blinky Rodriguez, Douglas Wong, Carrie Ogawa-Wong, Albert Leong, Ken Ota, and more.

Sifu Michael Matsuda currently teaches Monkey kung fu to a group of students in Glendale, California and continues his kickboxing training under Former Full-Contact Champion Cecil Peoples. He is our choice for September 2003."
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/01/2010 4:49am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 6:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, he's even linked to Cecil Peoples. I can't even comprehend how much of a turd this man is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 6:34am

Style: Kickboxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chado View Post
    Man you don't get. This MONKEY KUNG FU! You need to be crazy, need to be wild ! Ordinary people don't get it that agility and coordination aren't needed skills. What you need is making weird faces to force your opponent die from laughter. In order to master this style you need to move like monkey, to eat , to sleep, to fart, to snore like one. You need to BECOME the monkey!
    You need to scream :
    'I WILL DIE A MONKEY-MAN' :munky2:

Does anyone remember that monkey kung fu dude that got his ass kicked in the ring? I think it happened this year.
    I'm suprised you didn't mention throwing your poo at people.

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 9:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Random82 View Post
    ****, he's even linked to Cecil Peoples. I can't even comprehend how much of a turd this man is.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=Cecil+Peoples
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/01/2010 9:28am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 9:40am

Style: Aikido, Aikiken, Aikijo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnickersUK View Post
    I thought that. Can't say I would advise doing a roly-poly in a fight either....
    About that, i'm still a total newb so i kinda suck at ukemi, was the roll in the video correct? I think that if you try something like that while moving you would find it... unpleasant.

Am i wrong? If so, my apologies, it's just that i've seen plenty of masters doing ukemi but not like this!

Edit: i had not seen several new posts, after reading them i've got another question: this man started doing Hung Gar kung fu.
    Please don't kill me, i don't know a **** about CMA, isn't Hung gar a more... proven MA?
    Talking about media rapresentation, hung gar should be earth-bending from Avatar, right? It looks a bit more martial than this monkey, why drop it?
    Last edited by Evilenzo; 9/01/2010 9:48am at .

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 10:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit: i had not seen several new posts, after reading them i've got another question: this man started doing Hung Gar kung fu.
    Please don't kill me, i don't know a **** about CMA, isn't Hung gar a more... proven MA?
    Talking about media rapresentation, hung gar should be earth-bending from Avatar, right? It looks a bit more martial than this monkey, why drop it?
    He didn't drop Hung Gar, he added his monkey style to it, based on the bio information, and now teaches both:

Matsuda continues to teach both Hung Gar and Monkey Kung fu privately.
    Media wise Hung gar is pretty well represented outside of Avatar:TLAB. Major schools have received news and TV coverage. What is in Avatar: TLAB is a bit contrived for the show, I personally don't think it illustrates the art very well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 10:28am

Style: Aikido, Aikiken, Aikijo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you very much W. Rabbit, i was in a hurry when i read that post.
    And thank you for the informations on avatar's rapresentation of styles, could you please suggest me some source which does hung-gar justice?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 10:33am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About that, i'm still a total newb so i kinda suck at ukemi, was the roll in the video correct? I think that if you try something like that while moving you would find it... unpleasant.

Am i wrong? If so, my apologies, it's just that i've seen plenty of masters doing ukemi but not like this!
    Monkey kung fu tumbling and ukemi are not the same thing. I've met some people who do monkey forms in wushu for competitions, and they seem really comfortable going from standing to the ground and back, but a lot of that is showy performance stuff. My favorite example of tumbling in the Chinese arts is ditang quan:
    YouTube- Chinese Wushu - Ditang

Because he wanted to do monkey stuff. I don't think it means that he thinks it's better/more effective than hung gar; it's just what he wanted to focus on.

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 10:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you very much W. Rabbit, i was in a hurry when i read that post.
    And thank you for the informations on avatar's rapresentation of styles, could you please suggest me some source which does hung-gar justice?
    There are some great hung gar forms videos online, Chiu Chi Ling and Lam Chun Fai are good intros. Check them out I'd rather not post them all here.

The one video I do like to pass around is the one of Mok Gwai Lan, Wong Fei Hung's last wife. Fei Hung (not to be confused with the Hung family name for which the art is named) is generally considered to be the patron of the art. His wife Mok Gwai Lan was 83 years old when she performed this Tiger Crane set and chain whip set for Hong Kong TV. To my knowledge this is the oldest video evidence of Hung Ga techniques known to exist. Watching an 83 year old women whirl a chain whip like a demon was enough to get me in a kwoon.

YouTube- Mok Gwai Lan

This is a good general info site.
    http://www.hungkuen.net/
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast