Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 3:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ AND HAPKIDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA Garage-Team Delcueto MMX

I started training at the MMA Garage about 9 months, and let me tell you, this school is the real thing. You start out in BJJ and you feel like a fish out of water. I studied Hapkido for a year and a few months before taking the leap into BJJ. I get to the school and my eyes are opened. The instruction is amazing and little by little you start picking up on things. Remembering the days when it hurt to keep your guard closed and first times you got arm barred or rear naked choked :) You see why this style has been concrete jungle battle proven for almost 100 years. I understand that this review comes off as bias, since I am indeed a student.But I challenge anyone to just come in and give it a shot. You will see how great Sensei Delceuto is he cares so much for his students and watches everyone like a hawk when we are rolling making sure that no one gets hurt. We are a small school but we have it where it counts. Training in this school you will learn everything that BJJ has to offer and you will learn in a great atmosphere.

The average class has anywhere from 4 to 6 people in it, we train out of a garage hence the name. We begin each class with the standard BJJ drills core exercises followed by hip bumps, arm bar, and triangles. The we do butterfly drills followed by leap frogs and then I like to call the big ass tired lift. Then we start learning technique each day rotates from gi to no gi and the technique learned to favor the specific uniform. We train in everything from half guard, full mount, and side control. Each class is different sometimes the Sensei focuses on arm manipulations and leg plus ankle manipulation. The correct ways to do shoulder locks, kimuras, triangle chokes and even rear naked chokes I am not going to try and name all the different moves we all know them :) This is a real hands on school and I can tell you that Sensei Delcueto is the real dea.l His lineage is from Master Carlos Rollyson a 7th degree black belt in BJJ under Carlson Gracie who awared Sensie Delceuto with his purple belt.

We train Tuesdays, Thursday, and Sundays

Tuesdays and Thursdays are from 6 p.m to 9 or so.
    Sundays 12 p.m till 3 or so
    Last edited by duralmaru; 9/01/2010 9:59pm at . Reason: Revamping facts of lineage and the scool's training structure

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 6:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hapkido / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a great school with excelent training... There is a great atmosphere and everybody learns something every class... And these guys are tough for sure

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 8:26pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    duralmaru, please read the following and consider expanding on your current review. Right now, your post does not meet the minimum requirements for an acceptable school review.

Ratings and You --- Read This Before Posting Your Review. - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Questions like, "What is your instructor's lineage?", "How many students are there at an average class?" as well as a brief description of how each class is run are very helpful to any future reader who is considering your school.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 10:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ AND HAPKIDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come try us out one free class and you will be hooked. Real BJJ under a Sensei who is highly recognized in the world of BJJ.