8/31/2010 3:22pm, #41
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- (Beautiful) Spring Roll
Sirc, dammit, where are HER pictures?
CLICK & WATCH: I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!
"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce." - by Vorpal
8/31/2010 4:09pm, #42
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
8/31/2010 4:17pm, #43
9/01/2010 3:57am, #44
But the after was 12%ish. Still not what I want, I'd like to be close to 10%, but I'll get closer as we go along.
9/01/2010 6:30am, #45
9/01/2010 8:04am, #46
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
9/01/2010 9:11am, #47
Here's an experiment. How about I sit around and eat doughuts and go to BJJ and stack skinny little assholes til their necks pop?"We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
1) That it doesn't work
2) That it does work"
9/01/2010 4:35pm, #48This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.
The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
9/01/2010 9:10pm, #49
Bodyfat% is such a fucking circle jerk anyway. Most people don't know how to measure properly, or don't use a proper measuring method, and then as a result, people have skewed perceptions of what each level of bodyfat percentage looks like.
This is a good resource
Bodybuilding.com Forums - View Single Post - PICS OF BF%'s
In the book "SLICED" (by Bill Reynolds & Negrita Jayde), the states of muscularity are objectified as follows (I'll summarize each):
1. Full house = Over or near 20% bodyfat with no visible muscle definition and only a hint of separation between major muscle groups if those groups are very large. Basically a person in this state could be confused for a football linebacker. If you're higher than this bodyfat percentage, you'd be considered overweight/obese.
Here are some examples of the Full House state:
2. Hard = Some muscle separation appears between delts and upper arm. Abs are still not visible. Approximately 15% bodyfat.
Here's a picture of Railz in the Hard state:
3. Cut = More muscle separation appears particularly in the chest and back, outline of the abs begins to appear slightly. Approximate bodyfat level = 12%
4. Defined = Muscle separations get deeper in the arms, chest, legs and back, and abs appear when flexed. Approx. bodyfat level = 10%
5. Ripped = Abs are clearly visible all the time, vascularity in arms is prominent, chest and back separation is obvious, and face is starting to appear more angular. Condition can be held indefinitely. Approximate bodyfat level = 7-9%
6. Shredded = Striations appear in large muscle groups when they are flexed. You look small in clothes, but look fantastic when you're not. Vascularity appears in lower abdomen and in the legs. Condition can be held for several days with careful dieting. Competitive bodybuilders often aim for this state for competition day. Approximate bodyfat level = 5-7%
7. Sliced = Muscles and tendons begin to appear in the face when chewing, striations appear everywhere and vascularity appears everywhere. Bodyfat levels are close to 3% and subcutaneous water levels are near 0. Condition can only be held for a few hours at a time. Not a healthy condition to stay in due to lower water level.
Here's an example of someone in the Sliced state:
Last edited by Emevas; 9/01/2010 9:16pm at ."Emevas,
You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
9/01/2010 9:36pm, #50
The Shredded and Sliced guys just freaked me out a little.
The rest of those pics just make me want to hang out at gyms and perve. I wont...
Of course she will.
1- you're a dick.
2- You're a male
3- You have half a lifetime of experience in exercise and nutrition
These three things may seem like excuses to you, but she has nothing to compare with you. No commonality to see that it's now possible for her to lose this weight.
What she needs is proof that a mid-twenties (I'm guessing) woman, of similar ethnicity with a histoy of wieght problems, can loose weight with a simply diet and exercise plan.
She also needs to find the motivation to change. This desire to change has to come from her, not you.
And desire to change rarely comes after one of your friends decides to turn around and be a dick to you.
Here's what you do. Refer her to a legitmate, easy to read and understand study showing the links between long term health and weight. Refer her to a support board or a weight loss program or a friendly gym or nutritionist for a free consultation.
Someone, basically, other than you who can properly communicate the reasons and benefits of losing weight to her on her level without making her feel like a piece of ****.
Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
.........................My work here is done.