Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    What about if it ends via submission?
    If it ends via submission, then it becomes who knows more. I mean, that's what grappling is. It comes down to knowledge, and practice. Although striking is also a lot of knowledge, luck is a higher factor in striking than it is in grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoA View Post
    Again what makes you so different you seem to talk just like other ninjutsu folk.
    Well, you can never know, can you? I mean, I can claim that I've done a whole load of incredible things, or even things that can support my argument, but there's no proof. I can't just videotape a fight I get into on the street and youtube it, primarily because I'm not about to go and start a fight just so I can show it to you. One way to gain some faith in what I am saying, though, is to notice that I am not being the kind of person who says, "Well, if you come to do that, I'd just do this! Then what?!" That doesn't prove anything substantial. All it proves is that I am a cocky b*stard with lots of talk that the internet can protect me from. At least I am taking the time to explain my stance, and you choose what you want to believe. After all, Ninjitsu is the art of Patience.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    However, there is a BIG difference between those who are Ninjitsu MA's in their head, and who are Ninjitsu MA's in real-life. Those LARPers piss me off too, because they say: "I take ninjitsu too!" And stumble over their own feet.
    Wait are we calling the Booj "Ninjutsu" again?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:19pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it ends via submission, then it becomes who knows more. I mean, that's what grappling is. It comes down to knowledge, and practice. Although striking is also a lot of knowledge, luck is a higher factor in striking than it is in grappling.

Well, you can never know, can you? I mean, I can claim that I've done a whole load of incredible things, or even things that can support my argument, but there's no proof. I can't just videotape a fight I get into on the street and youtube it, primarily because I'm not about to go and start a fight just so I can show it to you. One way to gain some faith in what I am saying, though, is to notice that I am not being the kind of person who says, "Well, if you come to do that, I'd just do this! Then what?!" That doesn't prove anything substantial. All it proves is that I am a cocky b*stard with lots of talk that the internet can protect me from. At least I am taking the time to explain my stance, and you choose what you want to believe. After all, Ninjitsu is the art of Patience.
    Providing videos normally a good start please spar with your ninjutsu buddies and record it like you said.

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ishamael,
    After 7 year of Bujinkan and a 4th degree black belt I started to lose faith in the bullshit, I broke ranks and snuck over to a judo class at my university. I got my ass handed to me. I suggest you do the same; forget what you know, admit that you've wasted your time and start over. It is really refreshing to know, not just believe, that you can fight.
    Last edited by Minotaur; 8/30/2010 12:23pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Ishamael,
    After 7 year of Bujinkan and a 4th degree black belt I started to lose faith in the bullshit, I broke ranks and snuck over to a judo class at my university. I got my ass handed to me. I suggest you do the same; forget what you know, admit that you've wasted your time and start over. It is really refreshing to know, not just believe, that you can fight.
    Wise words. Ishameal I've quoted this post so you can read it again. I've had the same thing happen to me, in fact I think a lot of people on this board have.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:31pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This statement tells me you know **** all about both of those subjects.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I agree. A smart MA practitioner cross-trains. Ninjitsu has some strengths, but I know my striking and clinch work is not practiced in that style, hence my Muay Thai classes. That being said, there are some things in ninjitsu that are still helping me in Muay Thai work. I'm not saying take one style and say it's the best. Cross-training is THE way to go about being a well-balanced fighter. That being said, I am not going to discredit a style I believe is still valid in many ways.

To Helmutlvx: You still bothering to talk, where no one is bothering to listen to you, tells me you know **** all about being shouldered out of a discussion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That being said, there are some things in ninjitsu that are still helping me in Muay Thai work.
    What things exactly, surely if you train alive in Muay Thai (and if it's a good school I imagine you do) you realize what fighting is really like, how the hell does ninjutsu help this as I am getting the impression your little ninja school is taught just like every other ninja school, RBSD TJF etc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:37pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Helmutlvx: You still bothering to talk, where no one is bothering to listen to you, tells me you know **** all about being shouldered out of a discussion.
    lol, u mad?

This is a messageboard, retard, not a coffee shop.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although striking is also a lot of knowledge, luck is a higher factor in striking than it is in grappling.
    I used to think that about chess ... til I learned the fucking rules and dug into the topic a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast