Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    In a tournie, with those rules, and mountains of flesh running at you with nowhere to role, run or any of the like, we are sitting ducks. Rest well knowing that in an MMA ring, we WILL lose. lol
    YouTube- That is why you fail

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Gregaquaman: I will see what I can do for you. I'm currently in cottage country working, but when I get back, I will do my best to contact a few of my "ninjer's" and set something up.

To helmutlvx: You are just making a bad name for yourself, and others in your style, and dojo. People interested in learning how to self-stroke your own ego with MA, please PM helmutlvx for his information. Otherwise, use your heads, and be mature MA practitioners. You know? Use that discipline and self-control that your styles pride themselves upon for everyday life.

To Middleweight: lmao! Awesome!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To JudoA: Congrats, you found the cookie-cutter fighters. If you want to be effective with those dojos, you must go to Japan and get trained by their grandmaster. Like I said, it is in Guelph. The dojo is done out of the University, but they are not affiliated with the Uni at all.
    How exactly are they cookie-cutter fighters I'm confused now? I was always under the impression that even if people are taught the same way by the same person they tend to differ somewhat - an example would be how two different BJJ blue belts at the club I train are during rolling. Someone help me out here.

When you get taught techniques does the guy attacking you throw a "typical street haymaker" because this is the only thing people on the street use because there are no such things as say ex-boxers or ex-wrestlers who would happily use their knowledge, skill and conditioning to fold you in two? Does the guy stand there while you mime hitting him in the arteries and gouging out his eyes?

What is this brutal conditioning regime, please write up an example lesson if you can't be bothered to post a video/link/anything. Are there any videos on youtube that show something similar to what you do? I'm trying to help you help yourself here.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:44am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Holy Moment: Our Senseis stay after class a bit anyways to help out students who need the extra practice. That is when a bunch of us get into sparring. At times, the Senseis would see mistakes that a bunch of us are making. If it is small, he will quickly correct us, otherwise, he takes the mistake, and, next class, explain the mistake and how to best correct it. The thing is, for him, class-time is class-time. He has a specific regime that he sticks to for conditioning, and then we practice techniques afterwards. He then branches into a lecture drawing on the lesson, and what he specifically focused on for the techniques today, and explains how to extrapolate it into real-life situations, not fighting-oriented.
    So does your sensei actually consider sparring an important part of training? He encourages sparring, but doesn't include it in the actual class and will only stay around for a bit to help?

Either way, what you need to understand is that instruction in ninjutsu (And many other TMAs for that matter) is so wildly inconsistent from school to school that defending the art using your own school as an example is pointless. I've seen people assume that a specific part of their training is common for all schools of their style, when in reality their school is nothing like the rest.

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Gregaquaman: I will see what I can do for you. I'm currently in cottage country working, but when I get back, I will do my best to contact a few of my "ninjer's" and set something up.

To helmutlvx: You are just making a bad name for yourself, and others in your style, and dojo. People interested in learning how to self-stroke your own ego with MA, please PM helmutlvx for his information. Otherwise, use your heads, and be mature MA practitioners. You know? Use that discipline and self-control that your styles pride themselves upon for everyday life.

To Middleweight: lmao! Awesome!
    If you could that would be great.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:49am

Style: Rapier, frantic shrimping

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighting is not all about who can bash each-other's heads in better.
    I'm pretty sure that it is.
    Self defense, otoh, is all about not fighting so it might just be a terminology thing?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:51am

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me? Not mature?

I'm not the one running around in black pajamas carrying a sword, pal.

If you are ever in my area, don't hesitate to look me up. I will show you exactly why ninjers suck.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know you've already said that you would lose in an MMA competition, Ishamael, but how much of a fight do you think you'd be able to put up against a trained martisl artist in the steet? Would you do better than this guy:

YouTube- Ninjutsu vs MMA - The Rematch!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To JudoA: Thank you for the help lol. What I mean about "cookie-cutter fighters" are the overly commercial dojos. The ones that are pretty much training in bulk, and not giving each person that personal touch that they would require. That is why the best MMA fighters and fighters in general are so good. Their training is personalized, and they train to correct their weaknesses that they may have acquired through their training. They have trainers, they have people watching them and helping them correct themselves. When a Sensei trains 50 people at once, you lose that personal touch. Also, no they do not throw the typical hay-maker. We practice techniques from different perspectives, and different initiators. We understand that the "typical street haymaker" is wishful thinking. lol

Typical lesson: 1) Show up
    2) Respects to Senseis; if not there, begin self-warm-up.
    3) Class begins, class warm-ups, and stretching
    4) 1:00 Extensive Cardio workout. (i.e. Running, rolling,
    break-falling, etc.)
    5) 1:00 Core strength building (i.e. Plank Exercise, Side Plank
    Exercise, Push Ups, V-sits, Squats, Back Bridge, etc.)
    6) :30 technique training
    7) :10 discussion time
    8) Class-end; extra exercise for those that want to keep
    practicing

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:58am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast