222349 Bullies, 4667 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 155
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Ishamael is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:10am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Zendokan: xD Wasn't reading dates. I saw people giving someone advice, and they were practitioners of other styles. Someone asked a valid question, which I felt someone should answer from the other side. Sorry, if it is inconvenient for people to be alerted to a new post from a long-dead thread. Just wanted people to be well-informed, because people are still reading this. I was just surfing the internet when I came upon it, so I read it. Some people will take everything into account when choosing a style to learn, so I wanted to put in my two cents.

    To JudoA: It's a smaller dojo in Canada, specifically, Ontario. It's registered, as all MA dojos must be to train, but it is not affiliated with Canada Ninjitsu. Last I heard, they were still out of Guelph. I've well graduated university from Guelph, so I am no longer with them. And the reason why you won't find any good ones on youtube, is because all of the "pretty" styles are showcased, things that will make you "look cool" but are ultimately useless. The ninjitsu dojos that you want to be in don't advertise excessively, they will let you know that you are there, and they won't aggravate the situation any further than that. You make your choices, right?

    I'm not a LARPer, and ninjitsu practitioners don't compete in sanctioned tournies, because their style is not built around those types of competitions. Again, it is build around self-defense and manipulation of momentum and force, being resourceful, and using what is at your disposal. In a tournie, with those rules, and mountains of flesh running at you with nowhere to role, run or any of the like, we are sitting ducks. Rest well knowing that in an MMA ring, we WILL lose. lol
  2. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,480

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:17am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    Rest well knowing that in an MMA ring, we WILL lose. lol
    FINALLY I can get some sleep.
  3. Holy Moment is online now
    Holy Moment's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    3,987

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:17am

    supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lastly, most dojos do not spar in class/dojo, but they do encourage the "real-life" practice that sparring entails. As such, the students are encouraged to spar in their own time with each other. And more often than not, it is full contact sparring, because they all believe that you learn nothing when you are pulling your punches.
    If a ninjutsu instructor is going to encourage his students to spar, then why doesn't he just let them spar in the dojo where he can be present to critque his students' technique? Meeting up for some extra rolling is fine, but students should spar under the supervision of a qualified instructor first.
  4. gregaquaman is online now
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,474

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:18am


     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoA View Post
    Where is this ninjutsu school which is good then, do they have a video I am open minded but I need proof, all the ninjutsu videos I see on youtube suck?
    +1
    It is easy. Show us a video of ninja training that is based in reality.
    Some of that full contact stuff would be nice.

    Name the school that does it and if I am impressed I can at least say school x is full of a bunch of hard bastards.
  5. JudoA is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:23am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it one of these or am I looking in the wrong place

    http://ninjutsu.ca/listings.html
  6. Nicko1 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    771

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:26am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoA View Post
    Hahaha what are these conditions this is new to me.
    Got a few spare days? Start with this one:
    The Punking Of Ashida Kim - the article - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    ...ninjitsu practitioners don't compete in sanctioned tournies, because their style is not built around those types of competitions.
    What type of competitions? Ones where the idea is to win?
  7. JudoA is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:29am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Hey thanks for this, it's been a slow day :toothy5:
  8. Ishamael is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:31am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Holy Moment: Our Senseis stay after class a bit anyways to help out students who need the extra practice. That is when a bunch of us get into sparring. At times, the Senseis would see mistakes that a bunch of us are making. If it is small, he will quickly correct us, otherwise, he takes the mistake, and, next class, explain the mistake and how to best correct it. The thing is, for him, class-time is class-time. He has a specific regime that he sticks to for conditioning, and then we practice techniques afterwards. He then branches into a lecture drawing on the lesson, and what he specifically focused on for the techniques today, and explains how to extrapolate it into real-life situations, not fighting-oriented.

    To Gregaquaman: We are a small dojo. The Senseis like to keep it that way for a more hands-on, and personalized way of teaching. They don't have videos, because if someone is willing to give it a try, but have other misconceptions, they will give free lessons for a while until they settle in, and feel it is right for them. They don't want to promote the dojo, because then it will become to commercialized, pumping out too many cookie-cutter fighters. At a proper dojo, you will NEVER waste your money. That is your first way of knowing we mean business. Best bet, go and give it a try. However, don't go in with a superior attitude, directly ask for free lessons, or any of the like. That will get you booted out faster than anything. Be genuinely interested. My 3rd degree karate black-belt friend decided to give it a try. He didn't take it afterwards, because it was a different style with different emphasis, something he didn't want to relearn everything for, but for the workout...he white-zoned...pale, threw up and had to sit out for 15 min or so. When it's real, it's serious.

    To JudoA: Congrats, you found the cookie-cutter fighters. If you want to be effective with those dojos, you must go to Japan and get trained by their grandmaster. Like I said, it is in Guelph. The dojo is done out of the University, but they are not affiliated with the Uni at all.
    Last edited by Ishamael; 8/30/2010 10:34am at . Reason: Saw another post
  9. gregaquaman is online now
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,474

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:32am


     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not even fussed about some competition win Just show me some ninjas going at it with intent and not being stupid about it.

    As an idea get a few boys together and jump your instructor on the way home. Video that.

    I am hardly going to fly half way across the world to do a couple of free ninja classes.

    I just would have liked to see good ninjitsu.
    Now I guess I never will.
  10. helmutlvx is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,952

    Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:34am


     Style: In transition

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear ninjer.

    I don't believe anything you say.

    Provide proof in the form of video or relevant and credible source. (And that means credible to us, not credible to you).

    Otherwise, you can go stick your ninja-to in your ass, you fucking LARP no-touch ninjer.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.