Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 6:20am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Like some of you I was part of the Bujinkan for unfortunately an extended period of time before someone threw me a good beatin'. As far as it's future goes, I think with Hatsumi's death people may realize that this art lacks the historical mysticism that people desire. There is alot of bs regarding the fictional high standing of Hatsumi among the Japanese. I'm not sure people realize how shallow his reputation is.
    Hatsumi is probably perceived as something of a rich eccentric. Ninja are the stuff of cartoons now.

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    I bet he leaves the lot run by a bunch of 15th dans or whatever he's up to when he dies so that he can be worshipped by the same chronies even after death. You don't hear nearly the following for Stephen Hayes cause you know... hippie ninja's are not near as awesome as old japanese ones. There will be no evolution because there is no talent in the art to begin with. Aliveness hurts... and you actually have to train with someone who can fight before you recognize that you suck and need to evolve. And ninjas can't just go showing anybody your secret skills because t3h d34dly... Man the bullshit is just baked right in.
    The organization will cease to be, IMHO. Various offshoots will soldier on. Some will continue to train with the remaining Shihan, if they will have them. There are rumors that the Booj may continue, without being open to foreigners. That wouldn't be a surprise really. Stephan Hayes and some others attempted to control how Bujinkan material would be presented to American audiences. Ultimately those who were really interested bypassed Hayes and went to the source.

You can find some really talented practitioners, but by and large quality is a problem. Those who have gone into the Booj with no other MA experiences will get swelled heads and hold unrealistic expectations about handling themselves out on the streets.

Plus you have every swinging dick in the country tacking up a sign that says BLACK DRAGON NINJER ACADEMY or some such ****. They teach a smattering of this or that, certainly not the quality of MMA programs that they emulate. "Ninjutsu" will fade away as people are drawn to other systems that are more structured and less fantastic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 8:09am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    There are rumors that the Booj may continue, without being open to foreigners.
    That will never happen IMO. Most of the shihan's all have very tight relationships with a few foreign students plus some of them even have offshoots of their own dojo's outside of Japan (still under the Bujinkan banner). Besides, there aren't a whole lot of Japanese interested in the art anyway. The majority of young people who want to do MA in Japan these days generally do Karate, Judo or some form of Kakutogi. The 'N' word is generally found only in manga and old Hanzo movies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 8:29am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    That will never happen IMO. Most of the shihan's all have very tight relationships with a few foreign students plus some of them even have offshoots of their own dojo's outside of Japan (still under the Bujinkan banner). Besides, there aren't a whole lot of Japanese interested in the art anyway. The majority of young people who want to do MA in Japan these days generally do Karate, Judo or some form of Kakutogi. The 'N' word is generally found only in manga and old Hanzo movies.
    Exactly. It's hard for a country that has ninja theme restaurants to also have serious ninjas.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 10:27am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which, since that looked like JJJ to me, is really no suprise. And seriously, were those guys even in the same weight class?
    They weren't even wearing gloves and you expect there to be weightclasses?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2010 2:54am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    You are probably on the mark there re: shihans. However, the impression I was given is that it would become an invitation only affair, word of mouth or something along those lines. This was all speculative. Though at this point Soke Hatsumi still needs the revenue stream to establish the location he is looking for, for his planned building.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516