Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 9:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My explnantion of Ninjutsu I'll even try to provide videos

I think the biggest misnomer, about ninjitsu, is that it trains you to scale walls, be stealthy, and flamboyant in your fighting. It is, actually, quite the contrary. Ninjitsu, like many MA, is actually a way of life. There are many principles in ninjitsu that are stressed upon for everyday usage, outside of fighting. This is what makes ninjitsu so unique. It is a mixture of reflection, as well as physical conditioning.

Also, we are not as flamboyant as people like to believe. In a good dojo, with a good style, ninjitsu is sort of the copyright-infringer of all the styles. The style itself is supposed to adapt and take the most efficient techniques for their students to learn. For instance, if there is a specific jiu-jitsu technique that is more efficient than the rest, ninjitsu adopts it, and implements it into their style. That being said, MMA-wise, the style is no-where close to anything else. Ninjitsu is meant for real-life situations, so as to get you out of fights before people really get hurt. It is also meant for that sort of self-defense, not against other martial artists, because lets face it, an MA fighter vs an MA fighter comes down to who knows more, and who's better practiced.

In summation, don't knock ninjitsu before the research is done. I for one would highly refer someone to the style, especially those that might not have the muscle-mass or strength for any of the other ones. It is a style that does it's best to cater to those different body-types.

Lastly, most dojos do not spar in class/dojo, but they do encourage the "real-life" practice that sparring entails. As such, the students are encouraged to spar in their own time with each other. And more often than not, it is full contact sparring, because they all believe that you learn nothing when you are pulling your punches.

~Ishamael

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 9:46am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    I think the biggest misnomer, about ninjitsu, is that it trains you to scale walls, be stealthy, and flamboyant in your fighting. It is, actually, quite the contrary. Ninjitsu, like many MA, is actually a way of life. There are many principles in ninjitsu that are stressed upon for everyday usage, outside of fighting. This is what makes ninjitsu so unique. It is a mixture of reflection, as well as physical conditioning.
    everyday usage.. so.. Ninjitsu makes you a retard outside your dojo too? Great!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 9:50am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Also, we are not as flamboyant as people like to believe. In a good dojo, with a good style, ninjitsu is sort of the copyright-infringer of all the styles. The style itself is supposed to adapt and take the most efficient techniques for their students to learn. For instance, if there is a specific jiu-jitsu technique that is more efficient than the rest, ninjitsu adopts it, and implements it into their style. That being said, MMA-wise, the style is no-where close to anything else. Ninjitsu is meant for real-life situations, so as to get you out of fights before people really get hurt. It is also meant for that sort of self-defense, not against other martial artists, because lets face it, an MA fighter vs an MA fighter comes down to who knows more, and who's better practiced.

In summation, don't knock ninjitsu before the research is done. I for one would highly refer someone to the style, especially those that might not have the muscle-mass or strength for any of the other ones. It is a style that does it's best to cater to those different body-types.

Lastly, most dojos do not spar in class/dojo, but they do encourage the "real-life" practice that sparring entails. As such, the students are encouraged to spar in their own time with each other. And more often than not, it is full contact sparring, because they all believe that you learn nothing when you are pulling your punches.

~Ishamael
    Where do you train then?

Does your training look like this:

YouTube- Kashiwa Bujinkan Ninjutsu- Training showreel

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 9:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To UglyBugly: I'm sorry, but that's just ignorant. Ninjitsu promotes fighting and living based off of intelligence and good decisions. Everything you learn in the style is able to be practiced in your life as well, and it makes for a great way to solve conflicts, diffuse fights, and get yourself out of troublesome situations without the need to exchange punches. But, if that is required, then you have that too.

Fighting is not all about who can bash each-other's heads in better.

To JudoA: No. That is ridiculous. Realistically, no one person could do any of that. That is specifically for people who want to look and feel good doing something. I'm talking more realistic, more-so implementing the manipulation of force and momentum/ knowing where to strike on the body to be most effective, and how to subdue an opponent without too much hurting either party.
    Last edited by Ishamael; 8/30/2010 9:55am at . Reason: Saw another post after I posted

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 9:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjitsu promotes fighting and living based off of intelligence and good decisions.
    Evidently so.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 9:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

~Ishamael
    You raised a thread from 2006 to add this? :flipando:

Please commit seppuku. :suicide:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm talking more realistic, more-so implementing the manipulation of force and momentum/ knowing where to strike on the body to be most effective
    Where is this ninjutsu school which is good then, do they have a video I am open minded but I need proof, all the ninjutsu videos I see on youtube suck?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In summation, don't knock ninjitsu before the research is done.
    Ninjitsu is (claims to be?) a martial art. That is, it is a program designed to teach people how to fight. Any "research" would therefore involve fighting. It is (IMHO) not that the reseach has not been done, it is that ninjitsu practicioners seem to actively avoid competing in sanctioned tournaments (since the early UFCs anyway) and respond to requests for sparring or gong saus with insane stipulations or conditions.

Also,

Holy Thread Necro, Batman! etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Ninjitsu is (claims to be?) a martial art. That is, it is a program designed to teach people how to fight. Any "research" would therefore involve fighting. It is (IMHO) not that the reseach has not been done, it is that ninjitsu practicioners seem to actively avoid competing in sanctioned tournaments (since the early UFCs anyway) and respond to requests for sparring or gong saus with insane stipulations or conditions.

Also,

Holy Thread Necro, Batman! etc.
    Hahaha what are these conditions this is new to me.

Also yeah he's thread necro'd but it's been a while since we've had a LARPer on the forums so I thought I'd join in :toothy5:

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 10:08am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    8 posts in 20 minutes ?

Were you guys just waiting for this pop back up on the scroll or what ?

Ishamael,

You can claim what ever the **** you want but no one is going to believe a damn thing you say until you man up with some video or pictures of this "good training ".

The reason being there are HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of shitty videos put out by your brethren in black and tabi. Man up or prepare to face the wrath that is reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast